Sadness comes to Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadness comes to Atlantis

I found this episode to be a very sad one. I think knowing the possibilty that Weir is dead, and that the repli Shep's team feel human but knowing they are not really would be hard to take. I am not sure how to express it other then its a sad situation. Did anybody else feel this saddness as they were watching it? The revelation that Weir is no more has in a way hit me harder then the loss of Carson.

It always sucks to lose a character you've come to like. But, being Science Fiction, anything is possible.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

there's always the trusty and over used rest button

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
        I found this episode to be a very sad one. I think knowing the possibilty that Weir is dead, and that the repli Shep's team feel human but knowing they are not really would be hard to take. I am not sure how to express it other then its a sad situation. Did anybody else feel this saddness as they were watching it? The revelation that Weir is no more has in a way hit me harder then the loss of Carson.
        Less sadness, and more... elation for me.

Comment

I agree, this episode left me with a deep sadness. Not just for the supposed death of Weir, but for the whole dupli!team. I just can't put aside the thought that they really were our guys/gals in almost every sense of the word. How they must have felt realizing that they were duplicates, how they would have wanted to go "home" just as much, and how they were willing to sacrifice themselves for each other and for their originals. That really got to me. I sure hope they are alive and that we see them again in the future.
          Last edited by Lythisrose; 11 December 2007, 09:11 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I felt sadness for the reasons others had mentioned, but I also really felt for the rogue Asurans (the ones seeking ascension).

You can tell that when duplicate Weir described their willingness to sacrifice them like some failed experiment that it really hit home with Bogus Keller.

It was kind of raunchy for the Lanteans to just indiscriminately try and wipe out all the Asurans when clearly they are not all worthy of extermination.

Getting back to the duplicate team though…did any one else notice how Jason played the scene where the two Ronon’s meet? Like duplicate Ronon had a look of hurt & disappointment that he was trying to put up a brave front to hide, while the real Ronon had more of a look of amusement at the sight of his duplicate.

Though there was no dialog between the two I though it was a well acted scene. But then again I like Michael Mann movies where there are long spans of time without dialog, so that’s why I would notice that.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
            *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
            DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
            DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Haha agreed. I liked Weir but she was far from the best leader so..
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                I felt sadness for the reasons others had mentioned, but I also really felt for the rogue Asurans (the ones seeking ascension).

You can tell that when duplicate Weir described their willingness to sacrifice them like some failed experiment that it really hit home with Bogus Keller.
                To me the fact that Repli-keller and co were willing to die to keep with their beliefs as well as Repli SGA team 1 doing the same knowing they could not go back to atlantis shows that there is more to being human than just being flesh and blood. And as to the sorrow, i feel that is still to come. Now they can finally morn the loss of Wier.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  To me the fact that Repli-keller and co were willing to die to keep with their beliefs as well as Repli SGA team 1 doing the same knowing they could not go back to atlantis shows that there is more to being human than just being flesh and blood. And as to the sorrow, i feel that is still to come. Now they can finally morn the loss of Wier.
                  Good point.

Comment

i havnt seen this episode yet but i really dont want Weir to die as an aussie i find her highly attractive!!! hehe
                    BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

I felt angry and like I wasted 1 hour of my life.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I thought it was a brilliant episode…but I was kind of sad
                        I feel sorry for the Asurans who want to ascend and I’m sad that we found out that the real Weir is dead...

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Hehehe
                        sigpic

Comment

There was a certain sadness that the Repli team thought they were the 'original' team. I have to be honest that I didn't feel that much angst over them apparently sacrificing themselves though. They weren't the real team, but were duplicates, so I didn't really mind what happened to them; I only care about the real team.

I didn't feel sad that Weir had supposedly died either. I'm not convinced now she is dead, and if I don't see it happening on screen, I don't feel anything really. I have to admit this 'nobody dies in scifi' does get a little tedious for me. They're dead, or no they're not! It's like panto!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            There was a certain sadness that the Repli team thought they were the 'original' team. I have to be honest that I didn't feel that much angst over them apparently sacrificing themselves though. They weren't the real team, but were duplicates, so I didn't really mind what happened to them; I only care about the real team.

I didn't feel sad that Weir had supposedly died either. I'm not convinced now she is dead, and if I don't see it happening on screen, I don't feel anything really. I have to admit this 'nobody dies in scifi' does get a little tedious for me. They're dead, or no they're not! It's like panto!
                            Agreed but what the heck is panto?

Comment

Hmm. I think it would've been a hard life for the dupli!team no matter what happened. They couldn't go back to Atlantis or 'their' lives, so at least they get to go out with a bang.

If you want possiblilities, that's what fanfiction is for.

Comment

Working...
                              X