No announcement yet.

Sadness comes to Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like all these Carter fans have got there wish come true. i didnt like Wier but i dont like carter as a leader i prefer her out there not stuck on atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Agreed but what the heck is panto?
      Ooops! Sorry. Panto is short for pantomime. A very British institution. Basically a sort of musical type play/show with good and bad characters and crazy plots seen in theatres around Christmas. Very audience interactive, loved by kids generally and some adults, but mainly aimed at the younger audience, with lots of 'oh no she didn't, oh yes she did!' sort of lines. Ridiculous plots and fairytale endings. Cinderella, Puss in Boots, Aladdin are popular pantos. In the context I was using it, I meant that killing off and resurrecting characters sort of dumbs everything down a bit, making the deaths meaningless and a bit laughable if it happens too often and repeatedly - and also it's like the character is gone, oh no they aren't!

Bumping off and then having characters return is one of the things that actually does irritate me about scifi on occasion, not that it's reserved for this genre alone - *cough Dallas cough*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        Bumping off and then having characters return is one of the things that actually does irritate me about scifi on occasion, not that it's reserved for this genre alone - *cough Dallas cough*
        Indeed... Sometimes it's good to see a familiar face return *Way to go Carson!* but it can too easily become repetative... 'Oh no they just killed kenny... lets use some sci-fi excuse to reserect him!'
        *I'm glad Apophis will NOT be in 'Continuum' his return would (for me) be a done2death deal*

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
          Ooops! Sorry. Panto is short for pantomime. A very British institution. Basically a sort of musical type play/show with good and bad characters and crazy plots seen in theatres around Christmas. Very audience interactive, loved by kids generally and some adults, but mainly aimed at the younger audience, with lots of 'oh no she didn't, oh yes she did!' sort of lines. Ridiculous plots and fairytale endings. Cinderella, Puss in Boots, Aladdin are popular pantos. In the context I was using it, I meant that killing off and resurrecting characters sort of dumbs everything down a bit, making the deaths meaningless and a bit laughable if it happens too often and repeatedly - and also it's like the character is gone, oh no they aren't!

Ah gotcha. I love those movies still however. I guess I never grew up. YOu had to bring up Dallas didn't you! The whole "last season was a dream" thing was the dumbest thing to do. Of course then Rosanne did the same thing in their series finale.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
            looks like all these Carter fans have got there wish come true. i didnt like Wier but i dont like carter as a leader i prefer her out there not stuck on atlantis.

Don't worry about it she had a contract for so many episodes and then her contract is over, so you SGA fans can rest and you can have someone else, maybe replyweir, or Maybe Sheppard or Teyla would be on charged.

I also want Carter out of that stupid show were she is just becoming a shadow of the fine character she really is.
            sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

I highly doubt Weir is actually dead. I mean, the very fact that they brought up the fact that she was dead without showing or hinting at her death is a big clue that she isn't dead. They're setting up an "Oh wow, she's alive!" moment! In my opinion, she is clearly alive somewhere.

But hey, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                I highly doubt Weir is actually dead. I mean, the very fact that they brought up the fact that she was dead without showing or hinting at her death is a big clue that she isn't dead. They're setting up an "Oh wow, she's alive!" moment! In my opinion, she is clearly alive somewhere.

But hey, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Lol.
                they didn't bring up the fact that she was dead. you're talking about DupliWeir. the real Weir, well RepliWeir since Adrift, was last seen in Lifeline
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                  Don't worry about it she had a contract for so many episodes and then her contract is over, so you SGA fans can rest and you can have someone else, maybe replyweir, or Maybe Sheppard or Teyla would be on charged.

I also want Carter out of that stupid show were she is just becoming a shadow of the fine character she really is.
                  Thankfully I doubt you'll get your wish. Carter most likely will stay on the show.

Comment

Thankfully I doubt you'll get your wish. Carter most likely will stay on the show.
                    agreed, Carter's been great so far and AT already said she'd be glad to return for s5
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      agreed, Carter's been great so far and AT already said she'd be glad to return for s5
                      Agreed. Though how hard is it to be better than Weir.*runs and hides*

Comment

Well this is not my wish, I wish she'll stay on and the writters give her more meaninfull material so she can show how great a character she really is, so far she is been doing good I love Carter; that's the only reason I'm watching SGA this season, I just don't like the way they are showing such important character to be ausent when it needs to be there and don't give any reason why she is not there. (Like in the last episode andsome others.)

Also I just get sick and tired of people degrading and comparing and raging at AT/Sam Carter just because she is in the show.

So if she stays then I'll be watching season 5 and maybe even buy this two seasons only.

I'm a Sam Carter fan all the way
                        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                          Well this is not my wish, I wish she'll stay on and the writters give her more meaninfull material so she can show how great a character she really is, so far she is been doing good I love Carter; that's the only reason I'm watching SGA this season, I just don't like the way they are showing such important character to be ausent when it needs to be there and don't give any reason why she is not there. (Like in the last episode andsome others.)
                          Hmm I don't think she needed to be in TMC it would have been a waste of time, and her character to be on screen for just a few minutes.

Also I just get sick and tired of people degrading and comparing and raging at AT/Sam Carter just because she is in the show.

So if she stays then I'll be watching season 5 and maybe even buy this two seasons only.

I'm a Sam Carter fan all the way
                          Agreed.

Comment

Agreed. Though how hard is it to be better than Weir.*runs and hides*

still alive?
                            sigpic

Comment

TMC saddened me as well. I was glad to see Torri on screen with the team again, however I was sad to see it was as a duplicate and not the real Elizabeth. At least she had the memories and experiences of Elizabeth within her, so it wasn't as hard to swallow as a copy with no knowledge of her former self would have been.

I was sad during the scene where RepliKeller told DupliElizabeth that the real Elizabeth was dead, however I don't think she really is dead. It was still hard to see that conversation happen.

I felt for the Asurans who were destroyed although I didn't agree with their methods of studying ascension. I was grateful RepliKeller gave the DupliTeam a chance to escape.

The scene between Elizabeth and John in the woods made my heart ache. I felt for the plight of DupliElizabeth. I felt for the plight of the entire DupliTeam, but was not at all surprised they volunteered to be a decoy.
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                              X