Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want The Asurans Destroyed So Quickly!! Anyone Agree??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Dont Want The Asurans Destroyed So Quickly!! Anyone Agree??

they have such formidable technology and such a differculty for the atlantis team to handle

yet they are gonna be wiped out so soon

does anyone want to go??
    sigpic

I agree, I think they add an interesting angle to the story. I haven't heard anything about how quickly they will be beaten though. They should hang around for a bit, at least so we can see some awsome ship battles.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Yeah. They can do so much more with the Asurans!

They were stupid to wipe off the Asgard as well. Dumb and dumber.

WTF are we left with, idiot Michael and his hapless Alien knock offs? Backward Genii.

None are remotely close to being a challenge: Realistically, latest Asgard upgrades=best ships in the universe when the Asurans are gone. We will not improve on Asgard tech ever, (not in a million years)...So we already got the best.

I suppose they could introduce an enemy from another universe...something truly diabolical.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        I suppose they could introduce an enemy from another universe...something truly diabolical.
        I have the perfect thing.... TYRANIDS ahem right sorry wrong universe.

But Season 5 spoilers

Spoiler:
        There will be new races friend and foe so Asurans maybe destroyed. Although hopefully there will still be a few out there though
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

^Interesting to see these new "friends and foes" popping out of nowhere, roflmao (rolling on the floor laughing my arse off).

I wonder if they are technologically advanced (of course having the latest Asgard upgrades means that they are primitive caveman compared to our tech, at least ship tech, even if they are "Traveler" like).

But realistically, these new peons (friend or foe) would likely have been wiped off by the Asurans, WTF, they have 100's of ships combing the galaxy.

But hey, this is sci-FI.

But it is getting ridiculously that so many beings are popping out of the arse in a dwarf galaxy.

Comment

^Interesting to see these new "friends and foes" popping out of nowhere, roflmao (rolling on the floor laughing my arse off).

I wonder if they are technologically advanced (of course having the latest Asgard upgrades means that they are primitive caveman compared to our tech, at least ship tech, even if they are "Traveler" like).

But realistically, these new peons (friend or foe) would likely have been wiped off by the Asurans, WTF, they have 100's of ships combing the galaxy.

But hey, this is sci-FI.

But it is getting ridiculously that so many beings are popping out of the arse in a dwarf galaxy.
            Seeing as we know nothing of these races it seems a bit early to judge them no? For all we know they could be from another Galaxy, imagine one race fleeing and being pursued by a second race. It doesn't really matter which side we side with depending on the situation.

So how about we wait and see before getting all negative.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

You never know they could have come from andromeda, it's a far bigger galaxy and the PG is a satalite of andromeda. Or they could be more alterans who have left the ori home galaxy but took millions more years to arrive. The possibilities are almost endless.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I want them to be destroyed very......slowly.

Comment

WTF are we left with, idiot Michael and his hapless Alien knock offs? Backward Genii.
                  What are these bugs of michaels, I keep hearing about them but I haven't heard anything about them.
                  Best quotes ever:

Comment

i hate replacators a specali in sg-1
                    the only thing that i like about the asurans are that they ancient tec and are a ancient in most all ways
                    i whould like to have them longer
                    becouse they have so cool tec

Comment

The fact of the matter is TPTB simply do not know how to handle really powerful enemies. Asurans and the Ori are probably the most powerful enemies we'll ever face and if you think about it us beating them should be impossible if both races are that advanced. Instead we get races that we constantly get one up on, outsmarting them alot of the time and quite frankly aren't shown to be what they should be. Take the Ori for example, they have a whole galaxy building the most advanced ships we've ever seen for an invasion yet we get 4 measely ships to start with. Now if a whole galaxy were building ships, probably into the thousands surely your first wave would be hundreds of ships. They could've taken the entire galaxy within a week, yet took ages for some unknown reason other than TPTB trying to span it out an entire year. TPTB also write these enemies to be constantly stupid and falling for our primitive traps. TPTB should stay away from really powerful races, keep with the goa'uld and Wraith but stay away from Asurans and Ori, they're too powerful. I think TPTB have noticed the giant plothole that is us getting one up on these races and used the simple solution of wiping them out, unfortunately for us by which time we've grown to like said races.

Comment

I don't want them dead so soon, but to be honest I can't really see where they could be taken as a species. To be honest I would really have preferred the Asurans if McKay had not been able to screw with their base code. To have Atlantis facing two enemies that didn't want to face each other at the same time would have been nice.
                        sigpic
                        If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                        I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Does anyone else think Atlantis is starting to look too much like HALO?

Earth spaceships stumble onto an ancient propogating race that feeds on humans. They then wake up the robot security designed to contain said race and instigate a multi-party space war, all the while trying to understand the advanced technological masterpiece of a dead civilization- which by the way is what they're all fighting over.

Its like they just rolled Covenant and Flood into one and went from there.

Comment

I want them dead yesterday. Most stale and boring enemies ever to come out of the franchise in my opinion, and the stupid wanktech and technobabble that's mandatory to battle them is just another reason to hate them.

We saw last week what happens with the replicators as a regular enemy. We get things like drones that can't hit people running through the grass or need 2 hits to knock out a puddlejumper. Drones that can't kill a 304 are not far off from this, and before you know it we've got a situation where Earth technology > ancient technolgoy.

We've had quite enough of that type of thing in this show thank you very much.

They're also just boring. The Wraith have the potential to be developed into a deep humanized adversary with their own goals desires and dreams. The replicators are machines trying to be human which is moving them perilously close to being compared to/rip offs of the Cylons in BSG.

Then there's the most important thing. They're a shameless creatively bankrupt double rehash of the original human form replicators and the ancients turned evil.

Remember when they used to be called asurans? Yeah, seems even the writers gave up on trying to deny the fact they were hopless rehashes of the replicators. Now they're just called replicators.

Comment

I'm glad we get to get rid of them. If we actually called them 'the Asurans' in the show, it would be one thing, but they just became a replicator rip-off to me, simply because of that one small thing. Besides, I'm tired of hearing ever character on the show *****ing about their 'base-code'.

At least the real replicators seemed unstoppable up until their Achilles heel was found. By that time, they had already been fleshed out. At this point however for the Asurans, I say blow em up! And unless we get to see Oberoth dial Atlantis and say "I'm a little tea-pot short and stout, hear is my handle, hear is my spout" then I don't care about the base code.
                              Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
                              Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Working...
                              X