This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citizen Joe- Likely Not a Clip Show

I just spoke with Bruce Woloshyn, Visual Effects Supervisor at Rainmaker, who says they are currently working on visual effects for SG-1's "Citizen Joe." Because of the number of effects, does not believe the episode will be a clip show. Though slightly premature, we can breathe a sigh of releif.

Bruce will also have a prominent cameo in the preview for this show.

That's good news - sort of. I still want to know what it's about and i hope he's right.

Comment

sigh of releif? i like clip shows.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

That IS an immense relief, however, the whole concept of the ep still sounds deeply suspicious and hokey... Guess we'll see. Yay for Bruce being in the ep, though.

Comment

If im correct in saying that clip shows are shows like inauguration and disclosure, where all they do is look back on the whole season and other seasons, then i must hope that it is not one. i hate them. if im not correct in saying this, then, dont mind me.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

You're right a clip show or clip episode is like Politics, Inauguration, and Disclosure.

I think that the plot of this episode is kind of... iffy. Kind of like Sight Unseen. That seemed iffy and it turned out quite... iffy.

I'll give it a chance, but... I have doubts.

Glad to hear it's not a clip episode though. But it makes you wonder what actually is gonna happen...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Interestingly, clip shows often hold weight to directing the ever-changing winds of the show. In "Politics" Kinsey marched in and shut the program down. "Disclosure" was a major change for the world as a whole, and of course, "Inauguration" later turned out to be very important for the developments in "Lost City."

Comment

True. Even though clip episodes do have major impacts on storylines, you have to admit they really aren't that interesting.

Comment

What would be even better would be if TPTB could manage to make pivotal, monumental changes to the storyline WITHOUT resorting to clips shows.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    What would be even better would be if TPTB could manage to make pivotal, monumental changes to the storyline WITHOUT resorting to clips shows.
                    Would New Order part 1 and part 2 count? And Lost City Part 1 and Part 2?

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      Would New Order part 1 and part 2 count? And Lost City Part 1 and Part 2?
                      Exactly. They don't need a crutch, they can stand on their own two feet (or however many feet they have in total) without using clips shows as a safety net.

Sure, I can understand the need for the OCCASIONAL one just to bring new people up to date, but we don't need one or two every season! Give fans SOME credit for being able to remember things.

Comment

Clip shows are specifically designed to save cash. Stock footage, etc. Basically it equals to "OK, we overbudgeted other shows, this is our hour of penance."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Exactly. They don't need a crutch, they can stand on their own two feet (or however many feet they have in total) without using clips shows as a safety net.

Sure, I can understand the need for the OCCASIONAL one just to bring new people up to date, but we don't need one or two every season! Give fans SOME credit for being able to remember things.
                          Well, I don't know about you, I forget things quite easily

But Stargate isn't one of them... Okay, I don't really remember stuff from season 7 lol. Who really does? Except for Sam/Jack shippers

Comment

I may not remember EVERYTHING, but with a couple of hints I can remember enough.

I know clips shows are a budget-saving tactic. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And they still come off as a crutch, unless the writers are particularly clever and innovative with it.

Comment

I'd be willing to send in my lunch money if it will help them with their budget so we can have actual episodes and not clip episodes

Comment

Working...
                              X