Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Colonel Elite Anubis Guard's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,502

    Default Rodney and Rodney?

    Did anyone else get a little jipped off at how bubbly the two Rodneys were at the prospect of their being another? After Mrs Miller, I thought he'd be pissed off at the prospect of another copy. "He's not McKay!"

    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

  2. #2
    Wade Welles sueKay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!
    Posts
    10,067

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Yeah...they (the two Rodneys (heh...it's like the two Ronnies) were too happy at meeting their clones especially after M&MM.

    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

  3. #3
    Captain doylefan22's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    A cupboard in McKay's lab, waiting for the best moment to pounce on him...
    Posts
    1,040

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    I think he wasn't bothered this time because he saw the guy as an equal (and not equal in that he was the real Rodney no matter what happened).

    The major problem he had with Rod was he was a cooler, more popular, more socially successful version of himself. Rodney has such deep seated worth issues (in spite of his vast arrogance) and Rod played into them completely.

    Repli!McKay was just him with all his foibles included and so wasn't a threat.
    by Kaaatie

  4. #4
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    The two Rodneys in this episode were like Rodney looking into a mirror. Wasn't Rod, etc. so hey, he was perfect

  5. #5

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by doylefan22 View Post
    The major problem he had with Rod was he was a cooler, more popular, more socially successful version of himself. Rodney has such deep seated worth issues (in spite of his vast arrogance) and Rod played into them completely.
    That is exactly it. In fact, that's why they kept finishing each others sentences and stuff. They were the same. One wasn't really better then the other. I loved the interaction.

  6. #6
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by scholar View Post
    That is exactly it. In fact, that's why they kept finishing each others sentences and stuff. They were the same. One wasn't really better then the other. I loved the interaction.
    I was laughing during their interaction. I didn't know how I would react when they finally met. I thought it would be poorly done but the McKay bit was great. Even Sheppard's interaction with his clone was good. Hell even Ronan was cool as his surly self and clone. All and all it was a good bit of writing and acting.

  7. #7
    Colonel Killdeer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Did anyone else get a little jipped off at how bubbly the two Rodneys were at the prospect of their being another? After Mrs Miller, I thought he'd be pissed off at the prospect of another copy. "He's not McKay!"
    I agree. I can see the other point of view, but when I watched it, it did seem OOC. I expected Rodney to react with suspicion at the very least, not open armed acceptance.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

  8. #8
    Airman Vorash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham England
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Shouldn't the team of been more suspisious of there replicator clones i think they accepted them way 2 quickly.
    And Rodney saying how he can work with someone he could trust 100% uh hello replicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    General Jumper_One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milkyway, fishing
    Posts
    26,347

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorash View Post
    Shouldn't the team of been more suspisious of there replicator clones i think they accepted them way 2 quickly.
    And Rodney saying how he can work with someone he could trust 100% uh hello replicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    um it was DupliMcKay, and he didn't say anything about trust
    oh this is great. finally someone who might have 100% confidence, I can not tell you how much I'm looking forward working with you

  10. #10
    Chief Master Sergeant spinspinspin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorash View Post
    Shouldn't the team of been more suspisious of there replicator clones i think they accepted them way 2 quickly.
    And Rodney saying how he can work with someone he could trust 100% uh hello replicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yeah I thought it was weird that they believed the clones. I thought they would be more wary and suspect a trap. I thought it was kind of foolish for all of them to split up and go on walks in the forest, if it was a trap, being split up wouldn't help!

    And the McKay thing...it's been answered. Just wanted to add that I thought he meant it as in "Someone I can trust to be as smart as me and screw up" because he was getting frustrated with RepliZelenka screwing up back on RepliAtlantis.
    sine sine cosine sine,
    three point one four one five nine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
    [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

    Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
    This is the reality. Accept it.

  11. #11
    Brigadier General SaberBlade's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Belfast, UK.
    Posts
    8,100

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    I think he had more of a problem with Rod being cooler, fitting in better, people liking him better and generally being replaced.

    RepliKay on the other hand was exactly like McKay. Same memories, same personality, same way of thinking and reacting. It was more like him having a twin brother with RepliRod instead of having an annoying look-a-like who was more accepted.



  12. #12
    Chief Master Sergeant P2J's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by prion View Post
    The two Rodneys in this episode were like Rodney looking into a mirror. Wasn't Rod, etc. so hey, he was perfect
    it was a exact copy of the rodney we know and love and he knew it.

    i think this time he was happy. beside sbeing with weir again .....he might not have even thought about Rod

  13. #13

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    personally i found this hileriouse, they were so fast, so cocky, and so full of themselves..
    CLASS!!

  14. #14
    Lieutenant General Mitchell82's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    16,340

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    I agree. I can see the other point of view, but when I watched it, it did seem OOC. I expected Rodney to react with suspicion at the very least, not open armed acceptance.
    Not me it was basically a clone of Mckay. I loved it.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

  15. #15
    Chief Master Sergeant IlluZen's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    East Pier, Atlantis, Pegasus Galaxy
    Posts
    182

    Arrow2 Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    Quote Originally Posted by doylefan22 View Post
    I think he wasn't bothered this time because he saw the guy as an equal (and not equal in that he was the real Rodney no matter what happened).

    The major problem he had with Rod was he was a cooler, more popular, more socially successful version of himself. Rodney has such deep seated worth issues (in spite of his vast arrogance) and Rod played into them completely.

    Repli!McKay was just him with all his foibles included and so wasn't a threat.
    Yeah, I agree, Real!McKay saw him as no threat, especially since repli!McKay couldn't go back to Atlantis (security threat), and repli!McKay had a bit longer to get used to the idea that he was just a copy, so he was ready to deal with another version of himself.

    Also, as for the people who think the team should've responded with lots of suspicion, think of it from the writer's perspective. How much of the limited storytelling time should have been wasted waiting for the real team to get over their suspicions? Especially considering that the suspicion wasn't important to the overall plot. I think they did good just mentioning the possibility of suspicion in the jumper scene, using Weir to contact Atlantis, and then moving on with the story.

  16. #16
    Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    19,935

    Default Re: Rodney and Rodney?

    but this time it was essential a total copy so i think he was ok with it

Similar Threads

  1. Tao of Rodney (314)
    By GateWorld in forum Episodes
    Replies: 742
    Last Post: March 27th, 2016, 09:44 PM
  2. Why hasn't someone hit Rodney?
    By MacGuyverThis in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: June 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
  3. tao of rodney ?
    By 2pac888 in forum Atlantis Season 3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 7th, 2006, 12:55 PM
  4. sam/rodney
    By True!Ancient in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: July 29th, 2005, 08:36 PM
  5. Rodney!!!!!!
    By JohnDuh in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 18th, 2005, 01:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •