This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Powerful...

Right SG-1 started out with basically modern day technology etc at the end of season 10 they had a hyper drive ship with really advanced technology. In the Stargate world how powerful do you reckon they would have ended up eventually? same goes for Atlantis.

Among the most powerful of races but "eventually" is open to interpetation. It might take decades or centuries to reach the upper tier level of the most powerful races/civilizations.

Comment

Yeah but what i'm saying is with their whole humanity intact etc maybe in time they could surpass the ancients, wraith etc etc

Comment

The Asgard certainly believed it and the Tollans were very close to proving it.

Comment

That's simple, they would end up really powerfull
          sigpic
          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by wiserommer View Post
            Yeah but what i'm saying is with their whole humanity intact etc maybe in time they could surpass the ancients, wraith etc etc
            I think that's exactly what will happen, Earth being the greatest race ever...........in time, ofcourse we'll have to stop our interfighting first.
            Last edited by kirmit; 09 December 2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Right now, Earth is probably the most powerful race currently in play. Odyssey can destroy an Orii ship so if it can do that, then what could really stand up to it other than perhaps an Asuran ZPM powered ship.

However, out of all the races currently out there, the Nox are most likely the more advanced, possibly with the potential for the Furlings to be around the same level. Those two were part of the Alliance for reason. Even with the databases, it's science way beyond our understanding and perhaps in a few thousand years we'd fully understand the Asgard technology and a few million years later understand the Ancient database.

sigpic

Comment

I think that even in the stargate realm that it is pretty naive of of us to think that we are "the greatest race ever."

the milky way itself stretches over 188,000 light years across and the number of solar systems with a comparable star to ours is staggering.

In the stargate universe...I would say the nox are still way ahead of us and far more mature.

The human race is still immature and arrogate--we have done nothing more than use acquired technology as escape routes and power.

When we get to the point where technology and nature can co exist, where people are no longer given preference because of looks, where we no longer idolize someone because we see them on tv, when we no longer have suicidal gunman who decidedly take innocent by standards with them, when we can reverse the effects of the pollution in the air and reverse the increasing cases of cancer and other diseases....then maybe we would be closer to being called "the greatest race ever."
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Well, first they would have to really understand all the knowledge granted to them, but still there is a limited amount of people on earth knowing how all the stuff works, they would have to recruit more and more scientists and the like because when the brainiacs of this age dies there has to be somebody to continue their work. But still, it's easier to find the question rather then to find the answer, so actually coming up with new ideas after they have mastered all their gained knowledge will take time. They could mass produce asgard technology ships and just rule the galaxy...

Comment

the definition of "greatest" could be different things to different people. closest to evolving into ascension? best technology? best quality of life? best morals? also even then it could be subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      Right now, Earth is probably the most powerful race currently in play. Odyssey can destroy an Orii ship so if it can do that, then what could really stand up to it other than perhaps an Asuran ZPM powered ship.

However, out of all the races currently out there, the Nox are most likely the more advanced, possibly with the potential for the Furlings to be around the same level. Those two were part of the Alliance for reason. Even with the databases, it's science way beyond our understanding and perhaps in a few thousand years we'd fully understand the Asgard technology and a few million years later understand the Ancient database.
                      I agree completely. Even if Earth humans are "the fifth race", Earthlings don't really know what they are dealing with yet. Earth had lots of help because humans are good at exploration and making friends. But the technology at Earth's disposal is really way over human brain capacity at this given point. Maybe that's just why ascension takes time. It's evolution.
                      StarshineRoxie
                      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the issue with the technology SG-1 gained over 10 Years is that it was so reliant on other civilizations. Not to discredit the show in any way, or to discredit humans on the show, but we basically came along, and by necessity gradually came to learn to use and adapt and develop technologies whereas civilizations like the Tollan, Nox, Asgard, and so forth spent hundreds, even thousands of years becoming technologically advanced. That said, as someone above noted, despite being "The Fifth Race" i feel that our technical expertise, while certainly advanced far beyond Season 1, still is a long way from standing in that top tier. One benefit the Tauri demonstrated throughout the show was a keen sense of learning how to use and adapt technology, and reverse engineer it, with mixed results (F-301, the Gamekeeper-computer as used in Avatar, borrowed Asgard technologies, Arthur's Mantle, etc.) That said, i think we did a commendable job of making use of what we could obtain rightfully and what was shared with us, though one must admit, our rapid development of hyperspace-capable ships requires some suspension of disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          The human race is still immature and arrogate--we have done nothing more than use acquired technology as escape routes and power.

When we get to the point where technology and nature can co exist, where people are no longer given preference because of looks, where we no longer idolize someone because we see them on tv, when we no longer have suicidal gunman who decidedly take innocent by standards with them, when we can reverse the effects of the pollution in the air and reverse the increasing cases of cancer and other diseases....then maybe we would be closer to being called "the greatest race ever."
                          I think I smell a Federationite. Yeah an ideal world would be one where war and poverty etc. are non-existent and the human race as a whole strive to better themselves. Until we reach that point, I don't think humanity deserves to be called a great race by any measure.
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

So, we have to be communists?

Comment

In that case, we'll neve reach enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                              X