Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on the "distraction" (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on the "distraction" (Spoilers)

Why, why exactly did they need all five team members to pilot the runaway jumper when only one would do? Since they're not genetic clones, the ancient gene shouldn't have come into play. Have 1 repli-team member pilot the jumper, while the rest come back to Atlantis and get shot with ARGs to take out the nanites.

I'd love to see that skill set repeated over, but I know its not feasable from a writer's standpoint.

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
    Why, why exactly did they need all five team members to pilot the runaway jumper when only one would do? Since they're not genetic clones, the ancient gene shouldn't have come into play. Have 1 repli-team member pilot the jumper, while the rest come back to Atlantis and get shot with ARGs to take out the nanites.

I'd love to see that skill set repeated over, but I know its not feasable from a writer's standpoint.
    Why wouldn't they be genetic clones? they were still organic. And even with nanites you need cells to divided to heal wounds and cells can't divide or indeed function without DNA. But as for why all five of them had to be in the Jumper I don't know.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Maybe they wanted them to detect the life signs of 5 people? Or they knew they were going to die and decided to go out as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
        Maybe they wanted them to detect the life signs of 5 people? Or they knew they were going to die and decided to go out as a team.
        I think that's it. There needed to be five of them on the PJ. But I also think, as Elizabeth said, sacrificing themselves to save someone else is exactly what the human team would do, and she wanted to prove she was human. <sniff>

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
          I think that's it. There needed to be five of them on the PJ. But I also think, as Elizabeth said, sacrificing themselves to save someone else is exactly what the human team would do, and she wanted to prove she was human. <sniff>
          ...maybe its another plot hole

Comment

just another idiotic way how to kill interesting characters or race. Why am I so suprised?
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              just another idiotic way how to kill interesting characters or race. Why am I so suprised?

Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                Indeed!
                Who said Weir's dead?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                  Why, why exactly did they need all five team members to pilot the runaway jumper when only one would do?
                  So that if the jumper was compromised they'd have a fighting chance at survival.

Shep- fly
                  McKay- Repair
                  Ronon- Defend while repairing/escaping
                  Teyla- Defend while repairing/escaping
                  Weir- lead
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    You've got way too much angst.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                      You've got way too much angst.
                      that's because I hate stupid and useless death in scifi.

the Asgard,
                      Spoiler:
                      the Ori were killed offscreen
                      , real Elizabeth was killed offscreen and now those duplicates
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Wrong again. The movie supposedly addresses the Ori, and S4 takes place after the movie. So tone off the hate and go play with your legos.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          Wrong again. The movie supposedly addresses the Ori, and S4 takes place after the movie. So tone off the hate and go play with your legos.

according to one excerpt from AoT
                          Spoiler:
                          they were killed in the Shroud
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                            I could say the same to you...

Comment

So they weren't killed off-screen. We knew that they got blown to pieces by Merlin's weapon.

Well, cept for Adria. So technically, the Ori are still alive.. through her.

Originally posted by Integrabyte
                              I could say the same to you...
                              I prefer teamfortress 2 than legos. Too many pieces get stuck together and incredibly hard to get apart.

Comment

Working...
                              X