Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the Asurans learn to ascend

Anyone agree with me?

In their own slightly creepy way some of the replicators seem to be genuinely good people

Spoiler:
    Niam and Repli-Keller especially

Instead of wiping them all out helping them to ascend could end the war. If atleast one replicator achieves ascension then Oberoths faction (who believe ascension is impossible and that they should conquer instead) will loose control
    sigpic

I think its impossible for them to ascend, they are machines. And one would assume that the clones could not ascend either seeing as how the Asgard could not ascend due to their genetic manipulation of their genome.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

If the Asurans ascend it'll go one of two ways. Either they'll join the ranks of the other ascendeds in which case we'll never hear from them again or they'll turn against the ancients and we'll have Ori rip offs.

Comment

I hope they'll learn to ascend and dissapear. They won't bother on SGA anymore
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
          I think its impossible for them to ascend, they are machines. And one would assume that the clones could not ascend either seeing as how the Asgard could not ascend due to their genetic manipulation of their genome.
          Well, the asgard got that way after many, many copies of themselves to the point where they lost key elements that allowed them to evolve to a higher state. This is a little different.

I still liked Ascension back when it was a "you had to be a good person to get there". That made it accessible to everyone who had a good heart, no matter who or what they were. The religions and philosophies that the writers modeled ascension after state that one can attain that level through self-will and true spirit. SO in that sense, replicators could have ascended.

But now this whole "evolutionary" bit is the key... and the only time a "good spirit" will get you in is if you were let in by an ancient. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            Well, the asgard got that way after many, many copies of themselves to the point where they lost key elements that allowed them to evolve to a higher state. This is a little different.

I still liked Ascension back when it was a "you had to be a good person to get there". That made it accessible to everyone who had a good heart, no matter who or what they were. The religions and philosophies that the writers modeled ascension after state that one can attain that level through self-will and true spirit. SO in that sense, replicators could have ascended.

But now this whole "evolutionary" bit is the key... and the only time a "good spirit" will get you in is if you were let in by an ancient. That sucks.
            Well, it is more realistic this way. What natural process would ever depend on your good/bad score?
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I could answer that, but I'd be delving pretty deep in philosophy as well as new quantum sciences.

To put it simply, your mind controls an incredibly amount of matter, and conscious thoughts only account for a small portion of what your brain does every moment, where energy gets allocated and used, and what outcomes that might lead to.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                Anyone agree with me?

In their own slightly creepy way some of the replicators seem to be genuinely good people

Spoiler:
                Niam and Repli-Keller especially

Instead of wiping them all out helping them to ascend could end the war. If atleast one replicator achieves ascension then Oberoths faction (who believe ascension is impossible and that they should conquer instead) will loose control
                While i don't even think the new ones or the semi cloned/replicators could do so, i would love to see it happen, even if for nothing more than to show up Oberoth.

Comment

If the Replicators learn to ascend it will just be the Ancients and the Ori all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                    If the Replicators learn to ascend it will just be the Ancients and the Ori all over again.

No, I don't think so. Not if only the "good" Replicators ascend, anyway, and I do think there are good Replicators.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was pretty idiotic (not to mention downright mean) of the Alterrans to try and destroy the Replicators after they "failed" as an experiment - it seemed obvious that even though they are machines, they do think and feel like humans.

So yeah, I'd like to see some of the Replicators ascend. Can't help but feel sorry for a few of them, 'specially Niam.

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

My young son asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should have told him the truth - that most of us go to Hell and burn eternally - but I didn't want to upset him.

-Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by StarSkimmer View Post
                      No, I don't think so. Not if only the "good" Replicators ascend, anyway, and I do think there are good Replicators.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was pretty idiotic (not to mention downright mean) of the Alterrans to try and destroy the Replicators after they "failed" as an experiment - it seemed obvious that even though they are machines, they do think and feel like humans.

So yeah, I'd like to see some of the Replicators ascend. Can't help but feel sorry for a few of them, 'specially Niam.
                      I think it was pretty idiotic for the Ancients to try to destroy the Replicators the way that they did. Any race capable of the things the Ancients did were certainly capable of generating a planet-wide EM pulse to permanently destroy them all. That and the Anti-Replicator tech we have is based on Ancient technology gleaned from O'Neill's Ancient repository infused mind was it not? Why did they not just wipe them out that way instead of using drones? Surely they weren't that incompetent. Perhaps the Anti-Replicator technology was developed at some point after this, but a large enough EM pulse would have accomplished the same goal.

And I don't mean that there would be good ascended Replicators and bad ascended Replicators. I mean that the ascended Ancients would immediately be at odds with the ascended Replicators.

Now that you mention it... it would be good to see Niam again. The actor did a great job and the character was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                        I think it was pretty idiotic for the Ancients to try to destroy the Replicators the way that they did. Any race capable of the things the Ancients did were certainly capable of generating a planet-wide EM pulse to permanently destroy them all. That and the Anti-Replicator tech we have is based on Ancient technology gleaned from O'Neill's Ancient repository infused mind was it not? Why did they not just wipe them out that way instead of using drones? Surely they weren't that incompetent. Perhaps the Anti-Replicator technology was developed at some point after this, but a large enough EM pulse would have accomplished the same goal.

And I don't mean that there would be good ascended Replicators and bad ascended Replicators. I mean that the ascended Ancients would immediately be at odds with the ascended Replicators.

Now that you mention it... it would be good to see Niam again. The actor did a great job and the character was a good one.

And it seems like the Asurans are imitating their creators. I mean, why didn't the Asuran ship use one nuke to wipe out the city rather than drones. Would drones even do any damage to an Asuran body?

Comment

Originally posted by StarSkimmer View Post
                          the Ori were good at the beginnig. They became corrupted after their ascension
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, there was a division in how to manage those who did not ascend. The Ori felt they should directly intervene whereas the other Ancients did not and had a more watch and do nothing approach.

Obviously neither side did it very well as the Ori became demi-gods and the Ancients let the Goa'uld essentially enslave the human race and let others run amok (the "old school" replicators for instance).

Comment

well most of the asurans have the anger biult in them and if they do ascend i dont think they will be happy to the ancients

and they probaly know about the ori and ancient situation and that ascended beings have being talking to them like in pegasus project
                              Last edited by wise one; 09 December 2007, 02:41 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X