I hope the Asurans learn to ascend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
    And I don't mean that there would be good ascended Replicators and bad ascended Replicators. I mean that the ascended Ancients would immediately be at odds with the ascended Replicators.

Now that you mention it... it would be good to see Niam again. The actor did a great job and the character was a good one.
    Ah, I see. Well, can you blame them? I dunno, if I was created and then destroyed as a "failed experiment", I'd probably be at odds with the ascended creator too... but I mean, I don't think the good Replicators that ascended would try and make humans worship them like the Ori did. (Or at least, I hope not.)

It would kind of be interesting to see the "good" Asurans ascend and then try and fight the non-ascended Replicators or stop them from killing humans... just a thought.

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

My young son asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should have told him the truth - that most of us go to Hell and burn eternally - but I didn't want to upset him.

-Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      I think its impossible for them to ascend, they are machines. And one would assume that the clones could not ascend either seeing as how the Asgard could not ascend due to their genetic manipulation of their genome.
      Question is what makes the difference? God given soul? The old question - what constitutes human beings, culminating into the question: "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" ^^
      Take Replicators for Androids of course.
      Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

May the force be with us all if the replicators were able to ascend. Not a good idea IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by StarSkimmer View Post
          No, I don't think so. Not if only the "good" Replicators ascend, anyway, and I do think there are good Replicators.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was pretty idiotic (not to mention downright mean) of the Alterrans to try and destroy the Replicators after they "failed" as an experiment - it seemed obvious that even though they are machines, they do think and feel like humans.

So yeah, I'd like to see some of the Replicators ascend. Can't help but feel sorry for a few of them, 'specially Niam.
          Yup I want to see Niam's gang go up too!

I also think it's possible, but tricky to write.
          Lots of massive plot holes ahead!! crazy good writer needed .

If ascending was only for good people or those helped up the ladder by ascended beings... how did the Ori get there? Who are more wrong and self absorbed than the Goauld!

So A: the Ori feed on human life force,
          even if by making them concentrate on the Ori - AKA worship-?

B:Didn't Rodney almost ascended via - technology boost? nifty little machine lying around ...

C:Who else feeds on humans and humans only and are a also product of Ancient meddling?

Luv to theorize on this stuff!!

And dont Get me started on the cloning issue!!
          For example: Are the clones made by Asurans really clones or replicators?

If they are clones and the nanites inside are just there as leftovers of the process, well they are indeed humans and as a "rule of clones" no matter who's cells got copied they became a different individual than the one they where copied from even if they remember someone else's past. New people whit implanted knowledge and added techno stuff. Just like Jack O'neills clone , according to Daniel when explaining little Jack to big Jack. I soo agree with him.
          I thank that movie " The Island" for a new look on the what ifs of cloning.

Comment

Didnt mckay proove ascension was a direct series of biological changes resulting in ascending. Seriously, the asurans are partially organic, all they have to do is incorporate it and TAADAA. Ascended Asurans.

But realistically ascension and eternal nanotechnological existance are about the extremes of as far as evolution can go. Both are basicaly immortal and can do near anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
              Question is what makes the difference? God given soul? The old question - what constitutes human beings, culminating into the question: "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" ^^
              Take Replicators for Androids of course.
              I would imagine the rebel Asurans were looking for a way to transfer their own consciounesses into fully human biological copies of actual people. A one-to-one, first-gen copy wouldn't have the defects the Asgard suffered from, so ascension could be possible.

Perhaps it isn't the presence of a 'soul' at all, but rather the lack of a biological brain that is keeping them from ascending. Biology has elements of chaos to it that technology lacks; perhaps the presence of that chaos is one of the keys.

Frak, it's the Cylons all over again.
              Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                May the force be with us all if the replicators were able to ascend. Not a good idea IMO.
                Not all of them, just niam and his crew..

If ascending was only for good people or those helped up the ladder by ascended beings... how did the Ori get there? Who are more wrong and self absorbed than the Goauld!
                They were already ascended when they became evil. Remember in the quest part 2, Merlin said that the Ori started out with the best of intentions but became corrupt. As to the Gou'ald, only Anubis has become ascended, and he had help from Oma who he tricked to do so.

Comment

Really, it would be better for replicators to understand that they don't need ascend! Maybe this idea was for them as like "alternate goal" - Niam&K felt intuitive that agression and revenge is not the best meaning of life - but what they could find more? Ainients learned them nothing another... Maybe it was any need to "be equel" to Aincients ... If would anybody explene im at time that there are more high goals over ascend!
                  sigpic

Comment

I was actually under the impression that the body starts generating a unique form of energy which eventually turns said individual into said energy being.

But it makes me curious that if the Asurans went to Kheb, would Olma had helped them ascend? Once explained to them, the Asurans are not attached to the physical world as they have the right mind set for enlightenment as they seek betterment.

Comment

Working...
                    X