This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Carter?

obviously the lanteans would be oblivous to her existence, but shouldn't she have been a part of the real Atlantis investigation on in this episode?

she was the smartest one of the SGC, and well aware of replicator technologies.
    she should at least be getting her feet wet alongside Becket to figure out these new problems.

I hate to see her in a Hammond/Weir type role of doing nothing but "ok I give you the go" type spots.

I want the old Scientist Carter.

all-knowing Carter saves the day once again. Hell, no! I was happy when she wasn't in TMC: Damn, I want Elizabeth back, not Carter
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

With all the science going on... wasn't it established a long time ago that Carter is smarter than McKay? 48 Hours anyone?

Comment

I would've liked to see her (at least when Shep and Rodney track the Replicator ships) but her not being in TMC also means she'll be in 8 more eps this season and I think TBTB didn't want her and Weir in an ep, possibly to appease fans or avoid certain reactions. at least that's what I think
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
          With all the science going on... wasn't it established a long time ago that Carter is smarter than McKay? 48 Hours anyone?
          Smarter she may be, super human she is not. She's the administrator/military commander on Atlantis now and doesn't have time to play with the science nerds when absolutely not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            all-knowing Carter saves the day once again. Hell, no! I was happy when she wasn't in TMC: Damn, I want Elizabeth back, not Carter
            Why do people keep saying this? When this season has she been shown to be all knowing or even save the day?

Carter wasn't needed in this episode, most of it was spent on the fake Atlantis which she couldn't be apart of then we were on the real Atlantis for what a few minutes, the rest of the show was offworld where she wouldn't be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Why do people keep saying this? When this season has she been shown to be all knowing or even save the day?
              I'm sure her day will come. She has been saving the day in SG-1 too often and she will do it in SGA again. And why am I saying this? Because this is the reason why I hate her character so much
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                I'm sure her day will come. She has been saving the day in SG-1 too often and she will do it in SGA again. And why am I saying this? Because this is the reason why I hate her character so much
                So what you saying is as of yet she's done nothing wrong in Atlantis but you still hate her. How do you know she's going to start saving the day? She's in a leader position now and AT has said she's is playing a different character now, we're at the halfway now and still no Carter saves the day episodes.

Sorry but you don't really seem to have a good reason to hate the character, all of SG-1 saved the day, that was their job. She saved the day as much as any of the other characters except when she did it, it was through scientific means usually. Most of the time she did save the day she usally had outside help i.e. blow up a sun, help from the Tok'ra, Activate Dakaara, help from Jacob and Ba'al.

Comment

With some people, they don't need a reason to dislike or hate a character, they just do. There've been a few characters in the SG past I didn't care for and had no real reason though it wasn't to the point of hating one like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                    With some people, they don't need a reason to dislike or hate a character, they just do. There've been a few characters in the SG past I didn't care for and had no real reason though it wasn't to the point of hating one like that.
                    I agreed with that, I was just pointing out she isn't an all knowing smartass who always saves the day, which G.O.D. said was the reason he hated her.

Comment

Oh, true. She has been stumped quite a number of times and there have been episodes where Jack has exaggerated her intelligence and "save the day" skills.

Comment

For once I'm glad Overgrown sissy-toy wasn't there. Elizabeth is soooooooooo much better. The bad thing is that the overuse of Whining baby and We come in peace, shoot to kill made up for it

Comment

'been there, done that, I'll let the newbies take care of this situation, The Simpsons' on, time to head to the gate and watch it with the General.'

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            I agreed with that, I was just pointing out she isn't an all knowing smartass who always saves the day, which G.O.D. said was the reason he hated her.
                            No, that would be Rodney.
                            And I do mean that fondly.

Comment

She might be in the movie

We know that they were shooting at the same time so..

And in the movie she'll be on earth aswell, wont spoil any of that, but she's there aswell.. there ya go You can see that shep's in command on atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X