X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nea idea.

Suppose Jeannie's nanites are sent a program by
    Spoiler:
    the Archetype (Human-Form Replicator built of Earth nanites that escapes in Outcast) and a year and a half down the road, they activate and take her over becoming a huge threat to Earth in some way or another (maybe attemtping to contact the Replicators from Pegasus or the Milky Way Reps).

More or less, Weir is needed in order to reprogram the nanites within Jeannie's bloodstream, because the same device that allowed her to not get killed by Rodyney in Lifeline is what is needed to do so to Jeannie. While Rodney could try, it could take weeks or even months, and Jeannie could be dead by then, Weir would be able to do it in seconds.

It's an idea. Doubt it would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
      A nea idea.

Spoiler:
      the Archetype (Human-Form Replicator built of Earth nanites that escapes in Outcast) and a year and a half down the road, they activate and take her over becoming a huge threat to Earth in some way or another (maybe attemtping to contact the Replicators from Pegasus or the Milky Way Reps).

More or less, Weir is needed in order to reprogram the nanites within Jeannie's bloodstream, because the same device that allowed her to not get killed by Rodyney in Lifeline is what is needed to do so to Jeannie. While Rodney could try, it could take weeks or even months, and Jeannie could be dead by then, Weir would be able to do it in seconds.

Good Idea though...

Comment

The drawback is
        Spoiler:
        Weir's whereabouts would have to be established prior in order for us to contact her. But then DupliWeir could be used for the same purpose (nanites are in her bloodstream as well).

It's a rough outline. But could certainly be developed to bring Weir in somehow.

Comment

A nea idea.

Spoiler:

interesting idea

Spoiler:
          question though: maybe I'm missing something but why do they need Weir again? if the only thing capable of saving Jeannie is a device used in 'Lifeline', then why can't Rodney use it? as far as I know Weir has absolutely no knowledge of this kind of stuff. I haven't watched 'Lifeline' in over two months, can't really remember much except the main plot, so please tell me if I'm wrong

oh and I agree, it'll probably never happen
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            interesting idea

Spoiler:
            question though: maybe I'm missing something but why do they need Weir again? if the only thing capable of saving Jeannie is a device used in 'Lifeline', then why can't Rodney use it? as far as I know Weir has absolutely no knowledge of this kind of stuff. I haven't watched 'Lifeline' in over two months, can't really remember much except the main plot, so please tell me if I'm wrong

oh and I agree, it'll probably never happen
            because
            Spoiler:
            we don't know why McKay couldn't turn off Weir's nanites, but clearly it was some sort of override of programming (some way or another). In any case, Weir being able to reprogram them would be the thing taking far faster than McKay tediously attempting to.

Comment

because
              Spoiler:
              we don't know why McKay couldn't turn off Weir's nanites, but clearly it was some sort of override of programming (some way or another). In any case, Weir being able to reprogram them would be the thing taking far faster than McKay tediously attempting to.
              Spoiler:
              are you saying we (the viewers) don't know or we (the viewers + Mckay) don't know? and how would RepliWeir know?
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                are you saying we (the viewers) don't know or we (the viewers + Mckay) don't know? and how would RepliWeir know?
                Spoiler:
                RepliWeir would know because she accomplished it in a short period of time (in Lifeline), but McKay knows (being it touched upon in the episode) but the time to accomplish this could take longer than we have (to save Jeannie's life).

Like I said, alot of things would have to be established in order for it to work.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  RepliWeir would know because she accomplished it in a short period of time (in Lifeline), but McKay knows (being it touched upon in the episode) but the time to accomplish this could take longer than we have (to save Jeannie's life).

Like I said, alot of things would have to be established in order for it to work.
                  ah ok thanks.
                  Spoiler:
                  so both RepliWeir and Rodney know, however RepliWeir would accomplish it much faster than our brilliant scientist

well at least you had a good idea, there's always room for improvement

hm I should really rewatch 'Lifeline'
                  sigpic

Comment

ah ok thanks.
                    Spoiler:
                    so both RepliWeir and Rodney know, however RepliWeir would accomplish it much faster than our brilliant scientist.

well at least you had a good idea, there's always room for improvement

hm I should really rewatch 'Lifeline'
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes, it was a rough outline, and would require several other events to occur in order for it to work.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Yes, it was a rough outline, and would require several other events to occur in order for it to work.
                      true and it probably won't happen but I still like the basic idea. and kudos for coming up with this 'plot'
                      sigpic

Comment

according to gateworld Weir will be in Spoils of war.

Comment

I dont think they will kill her. If she dies i feel the show will go down hill. Sort of like the oc so to speak. I thought it would be good if marissa died but the show got bad ratings and it ended up getting the axe but i love Weir and i couldnt handle her death she can make it through
                          BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

Well everything I saw related to Weir up to now was pretty much cruel. First she was made into something she never wanted to be, ended up being a plot device and a scape goat, then she was "killed" off screen (but the real Weir is probbably still alive) and if she ends up being killed off again - I think "cruel" doesn't even begin to describe her current "storyline".

I am so dissapointed with this new season that I can't bring myself to expect anything good out of it, especially not for Weir.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                            X