• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Search and Rescue" (501) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Writer: Martin Gero
    Director: Andy Mikita

---

Buahahahah! Yes, during Joe Mallozzi and Emily's virtual dinner tonight (confused? Too bad. It's too long a story), she was able to squeeze out of our fearless Executive Producer the tentative title of the Season 5 Premier. Emphasize on "tentative":

Joseph Mallozzi said...
    Ah, right to it then? Well, back in early November, we did come up with a bunch of jumping off points, fleshed out notions, and lame episode titles. We put them up on the white board and, at last count, had 14. As you may or may not have guessed, the title of our premiere (which I cryptically referred to as S&R) is Search and Rescue. Who's searching and who's in need of rescue? Tune into the season 4 finale to find out.
    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-7-2007.html

Still, it's a title. So have at it!
    Last edited by PG15; 05 March 2008, 05:05 PM.

i am assuming it will contuine the events from the last man??? right >

Comment

hopefully it's sheppard that needs the rescuing, or lorne. Either one would do.Or maybe daniel gets kidnapped by the asurans. He does contain more knowledge about the ancients than anyone(even weir).The repicators managed to get information about daniel's time when he was asceneded so why couldn't the asurans?

Comment

finally rescuing weir!!! ( dramatic music)

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
          finally rescuing weir!!! ( dramatic music)
          Spoiler:
          Nope. She is officially dead.

Comment

That was fast. I didn't expect to see an episode title name for another month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
              That was fast. I didn't expect to see an episode title name for another month or so.
              you don't' know Joe he and paul are doing a wonderful job

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
                you don't' know Joe he and paul are doing a wonderful job
                What I mean by my previous post was about how much we are connected to the production of the show now. Compare casual viewers to what I call "GateWorld Insiders". I think I might write an article on the perspectives of fanbases with Stargate. Might make a good read here.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  What I mean by my previous post was about how much we are connected to the production of the show now. Compare casual viewers to what I call "GateWorld Insiders". I think I might write an article on the perspectives of fanbases with Stargate. Might make a good read here.
                  I'm sorry but I don't get what you mean!

Without JM's blog, nobody would know 99% of the stuff that's going in in future eps. His blog is open for everybody, which I know a few people who use other sites like SG1 Archive, Stargate-Project & SciFi World. None of whom come to GW, yet they read the blog & know everything all of us do as well!

Comment

I think they will rename the episode.

I don't know why they should be searched and rescued, but we will find out in March. An other RepliAtlantis is in the sand? What can be worse? An icemountain? A swamp? A jungle?

Personally, I don't like that they re-use the Atlantis set often in the season so that they introduce new cityships. I could be satisfied if they look like different (other towers etc.), but they re-use the CGI effects too.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      We don't really know that. RepliKeller could've been lying... plus, they could be rescuing the Other-Weir.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think that the team search for Sheppard who is in the future and they need to rescue him...
                        Based on the spoilers we have for The Last Man, that's my assumption !
                        sigpic
                        ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
                        ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          That's quite premature. We don't know that all we know is that it's possible.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think they'll be searching for Sheppard or Beckett

I may change my mind...it'll depend on the outcome of the announcement JM has been alluding to...
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis91 View Post
                              I think that the team search for Sheppard who is in the future and they need to rescue him...
                              Based on the spoilers we have for The Last Man, that's my assumption !
                              That's the same thing I'm hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                              X