ZPM Why just one? :spoilers:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM Why just one? :spoilers:

So, Why didnt they try to steal more then just one ZPM, I am pretty sure they could have stolen more then one ZPM, especially since they uploaded the fix to reactivate the beat on the wraith program, I am sure they could have stolen a few more ZPMs on the way. After all it only took a few seconds to get the first one.

Originally posted by Darkdreams View Post
    So, Why didnt they try to steal more then just one ZPM, I am pretty sure they could have stolen more then one ZPM, especially since they uploaded the fix to reactivate the beat on the wraith program, I am sure they could have stolen a few more ZPMs on the way. After all it only took a few seconds to get the first one.
    I suppose they wanted the mission to go without a hitch and more than 1 ZPM would have been good but ultimately more risk of being dicovered...

Spoiler:
    And then once they had the zpm and got back to the jumper the plan changed to tampering with the replicator base code again...

Comment

They risked too much to get one. Imagine trying to get more....

Comment

Integrabyte is correct, also Atlantis required one ZPM to have the sufficient power to enter a hyperspace window, so stealing other ZPM’s increases the chances of being detected and captured.

Yes during the
        “reactivate the beat on the wraith program”
        they lost Doctor Weir, whom was the key or Advantage that they no longer have due to her capture, so stealing ZPM’s would require more time which they don’t have because the Replicators can easily track them.

So either way, it’s a risk!
        They have two now, so for what it’s worth its better then one!
        And it's not like they need three, they build the Midway station in order to connect the two galaxy's (for the connection between Earth and Atlantis), to conserve power from both ends and they barely use shields and cloak besides emergencies.
        so, everything seems fine they way it is, well thats my perspective anyways!

Comment

Not only would they have to abandon the plan to re-program the replicators base code. They would be risking their life's for a material object which was more than they needed. One of the biggest things that separates smart people from dumb people is greed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
            Not only would they have to abandon the plan to re-program the replicators base code. They would be risking their life's for a material object which was more than they needed. One of the biggest things that separates smart people from dumb people is greed.
            Hey Captain I think your missing the whole point, how long did it take to get the one zpm like 5 seconds right?, well IF and I say if there were ZPM's on the way to the central core, as in not having to take detours, Weir could have detected that. they could have "Time managed" and accomplished obtaining another ZPM IF it was in easy reach, if not then they couldnt get one.
            Also being smart means maximizing your opprotunitys it doesnt mean your being greedy, Sorry but ZPM's are a prized object, if they have the chance to get another while doing another objective they are not being greedy they are maximizing their time and objectives.

Dumb is letting go an opportunity to accomplish more then just your main objective.

Like I said if another ZPM was in an easy access on the way to the central core they could have grabbed it. Its all about thinking ahead now Weir may have been limited as to being new to the connection to the replicator collective so that is also a factor.

Oh and I doubt earth can have too many ZPMs the more the better, more ships with good power source and backups on hand.

I do have a feeling that Atlantis will be getting some new ships soon based on the last episode. well see though

Comment

Hey Captain I think your missing the whole point, how long did it take to get the one zpm like 5 seconds right?, well IF and I say if there were ZPM's on the way to the central core, as in not having to take detours, Weir could have detected that. they could have "Time managed" and accomplished obtaining another ZPM IF it was in easy reach, if not then they couldnt get one.
              Also being smart means maximizing your opprotunitys it doesnt mean your being greedy, Sorry but ZPM's are a prized object, if they have the chance to get another while doing another objective they are not being greedy they are maximizing their time and objectives.

Dumb is letting go an opportunity to accomplish more then just your main objective.

Like I said if another ZPM was in an easy access on the way to the central core they could have grabbed it. Its all about thinking ahead now Weir may have been limited as to being new to the connection to the replicator collective so that is also a factor.

Oh and I doubt earth can have too many ZPMs the more the better, more ships with good power source and backups on hand.

I do have a feeling that Atlantis will be getting some new ships soon based on the last episode. well see though
              Well, I think you just answered your own question, they didn't get another because either there wasn't another one within reach. Or just maybe, Weir picked the first one because it was the only one that would be so easily accessed. I mean who is to say that the other ZPM's would set off huge alarms? They didn't get a second because it wasn't an option, PERIOD!
              sigpic

Comment

I agree. If the opportunity presented itself to grab another ZPM, they would have.

Comment

Atleast it keeps them going. Think of it. If the Atlantis team stole 3 ZPMs they would not have to worry about power requirments, they could fly the city anywhere. I assume the writers decided to keep it to 1 ZPM so they could keep the drama going with the expedition worrying about power.

Comment

It is true that they got the one ZPM rather easily, but like they said, as soon as that was taken, the replicators were now alerted as to such and would be on their way. You really don't want to hang around long against those guys. In fact, had it not been for Dr. Weir's heroics (man, I will miss that woman), they would not be a part of Atlantis as we speak.
                    - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Working...
                    X