This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loondoggy View Post
    Ya, never know the Wraith scientist that is working for us may have decided why not have the replicators work for them.
    Good point but they'd need to be reprogrammed to capture and not just destroy, otherwise there goes the wraith foodsource. Also the Asurans would have tech allowing the Wraith to get to the Milkyway very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by loondoggy View Post
      Ya, never know the Wraith scientist that is working for us may have decided why not have the replicators work for them.
      I'm sure Oberoth will have something to say about that . This whole code issue is very difficult to solve. MC proves it!

Comment

Finally, I’ve always referred to this episode as a tenuous two-parter in that it tells a story but sets up another - in this case, via the device that will allow Atlantis to track the movement of replicator ships and, ultimately, take the fight to them (remember those cool new Asgard weapons fans have been wondering about?).
        From Joseph Mallozzi's latest blog =)

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
          From Joseph Mallozzi's latest blog =)
          Finally someone put some senses into them .

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
            They could be a much weaker version of the Kull Warriors.

If Earth was carrying any real hand held energy weapons, those bugs would be toast.

Instead, Shep and most of his team carries around garbage weapons.
            how can u call a P-90 garbage, they might not be energy weapons but they are still very good in combat situations

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
              how can u call a P-90 garbage, they might not be energy weapons but they are still very good in combat situations
              We rule. We were the weakest link in Stargate yet our C4 was no match for their lasers/guns/interstellar ships . Lovely irony, innit?

Comment

^It is a show, if it was reality, we would have never gotten past the G'ould (1st year of SG1).

So that is beside the point: About 12 years to research energy weapons, Earth does not have a single one (ARG aside)? However, we now have the Asgard lasers? If we are too inept, the Asgard database must have designs for energy base handheld weapons.

I remember seeing a re-run of a old Doctor Who show, where a warrior like space alien (s) were defeated by 12 th century warriors with swords and pitch forks, with a tiny bit of motivational help from the Doctor.

Comment

It would be interesting to see our version of hand held energy weapons (if we every get any). We seem to just use other races. why didn't they take zats to atlantis? It would seem like a good idea.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

^It is a show, if it was reality, we would have never gotten past the G'ould (1st year of SG1).

So that is beside the point: About 12 years to research energy weapons, Earth does not have a single one (ARG aside)? However, we now have the Asgard lasers? If we are too inept, the Asgard database must have designs for energy base handheld weapons.

I remember seeing a re-run of a old Doctor Who show, where a warrior like space alien (s) were defeated by 12 th century warriors with swords and pitch forks, with a tiny bit of motivational help from the Doctor.
                    just because we have energy weapons dosent mean we have to use them. look at the X-699. besides using projectile weapons makes us unique

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

just because we have energy weapons dosent mean we have to use them. look at the X-699. besides using projectile weapons makes us unique
                      That's what I like about our weapons. It separates us from people who are just using scavenged goa'uld tech.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        I'm seriously considering not watching Stargate anymore if all the Earth ships get the Asgard upgrades. Where will the tension and drama be?

1. If the Earth ships don't pwn everything they see, it will be a massive plot hole now.
                        2. If the Earth ships do pwn everything they see, it will just be boring and lame now.

I'm so disgusted with the writers over that decision, despite the fact that I absolutely loved Unending.

The way I see it is this, THe beam weapons will make the Earth ships far more dangerous than they have been. But since not all Earth Ships have the Asgard Computer Cores and ZPM's then I'm guessing they won't be unstoppable.

Comment

Agreed, in combat situations the P90 proved more destructive then the M4 and MP5. The bullpup design makes the mag feed in the back, trigger is close to the end of the barrel allowing for a turn radius of a hand gun but better accuracy (due to the extended barrel, which is longer than the MP5's). Its probably one of the most versatile weapons.

The asgard have been so frail i believe they gave up hand held weapons ages ago. I think if you zat an asgard you would kill it. That being said they still probably have something in their data base, but all those weapons are pretty much the same thing. Something that stuns, something that kills, been the same for every major race so far. But asking earth scientist to reverse engineer something compact and for wide spread use from alien tech way beyond us is more than a decade long venture. Right now scientist have little to no clue on what the "blast" would be composed of. To put it into perspective they took 2 years to get 6 glyphs of the stargate.

But this is stargate and the kull warrior has impenetrable armor, and is an expert warrior. Telling villagers to revolt is like asking them to run off of a cliff.

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                          It would be interesting to see our version of hand held energy weapons (if we every get any). We seem to just use other races. why didn't they take zats to atlantis? It would seem like a good idea.
                          Atlantis and SG1 were meant to be separate, thats why there is no weapons cross over. In Millers Crossing they showed some new tazer, the wires were gone and the dart contained the charge, that is realistic. Plus, when filming i rather shoot something that fires blanks rather than something that i point and click and pretend something happened.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i'm glad they will get energy weapons on the ships its about time.
                            in reality we are the same as the goauld we dont care how it works as long as it shoots and kills.

i just spend two weeks watching every sg-1 episodes from the past 10 years in the episode bounty from season 10 we did had a energy weapon earth based carter used it so enlarge that and put it on ships and we have energy weapons.

and even if the ships have all the upgrades the asgard had we would still lose and be the underdog they have 2 major enemy's with enough ships that would have destroyed atlantis already many times 3 ships against 60+ ships on both enemy sites dont let me laugh even if the 3 earth ships were uber powerfull we would still lose look at the asgard they were almost wiped out with all there advanced tech same with the ancients.

they can keep the railguns for defence against darts but they need energy weapons to just have a mini chance

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                              The asgard have been so frail i believe they gave up hand held weapons ages ago. I think if you zat an asgard you would kill it.
                              Thats not entirely true, we've seen Jack zat the Asgard scientist that was cloning humans, Loki and he survived to be questioned.
                              Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Atlantis and SG1 were meant to be separate, thats why there is no weapons cross over. In Millers Crossing they showed some new tazer, the wires were gone and the dart contained the charge, that is realistic. Plus, when filming i rather shoot something that fires blanks rather than something that i point and click and pretend something happened.
                                Thats a good point. It would be good to see some new earth style weapons on atlantis (not energy). I think their still using p90s (correct me if I'm wrong) but they're getting a bit old now. Seeing something new would be nice, even though the P90 is a cool gun. It can cut through a tree trunk like butter.
                                Best quotes ever:
                                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X