Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Brigadier General

Default Re: Daedalus has got the lasers and kicking all arse according to Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by jonos101 View Post
    how can u call a P-90 garbage, they might not be energy weapons but they are still very good in combat situations
    We rule. We were the weakest link in Stargate yet our C4 was no match for their lasers/guns/interstellar ships . Lovely irony, innit?

Default Re: Daedalus has got the lasers and kicking all arse according to Caldwell

^It is a show, if it was reality, we would have never gotten past the G'ould (1st year of SG1).

So that is beside the point: About 12 years to research energy weapons, Earth does not have a single one (ARG aside)? However, we now have the Asgard lasers? If we are too inept, the Asgard database must have designs for energy base handheld weapons.

I remember seeing a re-run of a old Doctor Who show, where a warrior like space alien (s) were defeated by 12 th century warriors with swords and pitch forks, with a tiny bit of motivational help from the Doctor.

It would be interesting to see our version of hand held energy weapons (if we every get any). We seem to just use other races. why didn't they take zats to atlantis? It would seem like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    ^It is a show, if it was reality, we would have never gotten past the G'ould (1st year of SG1).

So that is beside the point: About 12 years to research energy weapons, Earth does not have a single one (ARG aside)? However, we now have the Asgard lasers? If we are too inept, the Asgard database must have designs for energy base handheld weapons.

I remember seeing a re-run of a old Doctor Who show, where a warrior like space alien (s) were defeated by 12 th century warriors with swords and pitch forks, with a tiny bit of motivational help from the Doctor.
    just because we have energy weapons dosent mean we have to use them. look at the X-699. besides using projectile weapons makes us unique
    http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=12414

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Lieutenant Colonel freyr's mother's Avatar

just because we have energy weapons dosent mean we have to use them. look at the X-699. besides using projectile weapons makes us unique
    That's what I like about our weapons. It separates us from people who are just using scavenged goa'uld tech.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Sam’s Uneven Parallel Bars Phantom6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    I'm seriously considering not watching Stargate anymore if all the Earth ships get the Asgard upgrades. Where will the tension and drama be?

1. If the Earth ships don't pwn everything they see, it will be a massive plot hole now.
    2. If the Earth ships do pwn everything they see, it will just be boring and lame now.

I'm so disgusted with the writers over that decision, despite the fact that I absolutely loved Unending.

The way I see it is this, THe beam weapons will make the Earth ships far more dangerous than they have been. But since not all Earth Ships have the Asgard Computer Cores and ZPM's then I'm guessing they won't be unstoppable.

Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain

how can u call a P-90 garbage, they might not be energy weapons but they are still very good in combat situations
    Agreed, in combat situations the P90 proved more destructive then the M4 and MP5. The bullpup design makes the mag feed in the back, trigger is close to the end of the barrel allowing for a turn radius of a hand gun but better accuracy (due to the extended barrel, which is longer than the MP5's). Its probably one of the most versatile weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    The asgard have been so frail i believe they gave up hand held weapons ages ago. I think if you zat an asgard you would kill it. That being said they still probably have something in their data base, but all those weapons are pretty much the same thing. Something that stuns, something that kills, been the same for every major race so far. But asking earth scientist to reverse engineer something compact and for wide spread use from alien tech way beyond us is more than a decade long venture. Right now scientist have little to no clue on what the "blast" would be composed of. To put it into perspective they took 2 years to get 6 glyphs of the stargate.

But this is stargate and the kull warrior has impenetrable armor, and is an expert warrior. Telling villagers to revolt is like asking them to run off of a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by umopapisdn View Post
    It would be interesting to see our version of hand held energy weapons (if we every get any). We seem to just use other races. why didn't they take zats to atlantis? It would seem like a good idea.
    Atlantis and SG1 were meant to be separate, thats why there is no weapons cross over. In Millers Crossing they showed some new tazer, the wires were gone and the dart contained the charge, that is realistic. Plus, when filming i rather shoot something that fires blanks rather than something that i point and click and pretend something happened.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Chief Master Sergeant

i'm glad they will get energy weapons on the ships its about time.
    in reality we are the same as the goauld we dont care how it works as long as it shoots and kills.

i just spend two weeks watching every sg-1 episodes from the past 10 years in the episode bounty from season 10 we did had a energy weapon earth based carter used it so enlarge that and put it on ships and we have energy weapons.

and even if the ships have all the upgrades the asgard had we would still lose and be the underdog they have 2 major enemy's with enough ships that would have destroyed atlantis already many times 3 ships against 60+ ships on both enemy sites dont let me laugh even if the 3 earth ships were uber powerfull we would still lose look at the asgard they were almost wiped out with all there advanced tech same with the ancients.

they can keep the railguns for defence against darts but they need energy weapons to just have a mini chance

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    The asgard have been so frail i believe they gave up hand held weapons ages ago. I think if you zat an asgard you would kill it.
    Thats not entirely true, we've seen Jack zat the Asgard scientist that was cloning humans, Loki and he survived to be questioned.
    Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Atlantis and SG1 were meant to be separate, thats why there is no weapons cross over. In Millers Crossing they showed some new tazer, the wires were gone and the dart contained the charge, that is realistic. Plus, when filming i rather shoot something that fires blanks rather than something that i point and click and pretend something happened.
    Thats a good point. It would be good to see some new earth style weapons on atlantis (not energy). I think their still using p90s (correct me if I'm wrong) but they're getting a bit old now. Seeing something new would be nice, even though the P90 is a cool gun. It can cut through a tree trunk like butter.

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    I'm seriously considering not watching Stargate anymore if all the Earth ships get the Asgard upgrades. Where will the tension and drama be?

1. If the Earth ships don't pwn everything they see, it will be a massive plot hole now.
    2. If the Earth ships do pwn everything they see, it will just be boring and lame now.

I'm so disgusted with the writers over that decision, despite the fact that I absolutely loved Unending.
    Honestly, I believe the Asurans to be more advanced then the Asgard. And we know that the Ori could destory the Asgard and track their energy source. So why is it that we can't just have a new baddy with more powerful ships?

And it's not unrealistic that we have some advanced weapons, really it's about time. We haven't had any advancement since we started making ships (well, some, but all put in by the Asgard). So why can't we have one or two advanced weapons?

And wow, we are going to pawn everyone? Sure, our one or two "powerful ships that will pawn everyone" are going to blow the 30-50 Asuran Aura class ships, right? And all those Hives the Wraith have, yea they are going to do some serious damage control to all of them, right? I mean, one powerful ship can destroy them all....right? Thats what your saying, but that sounds more unrealistic and stupid then us having one or two advanced ships, don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Blistna View Post
    Honestly, I believe the Asurans to be more advanced then the Asgard. And we know that the Ori could destory the Asgard and track their energy source. So why is it that we can't just have a new baddy with more powerful ships?

And it's not unrealistic that we have some advanced weapons, really it's about time. We haven't had any advancement since we started making ships (well, some, but all put in by the Asgard). So why can't we have one or two advanced weapons?

And wow, we are going to pawn everyone? Sure, our one or two "powerful ships that will pawn everyone" are going to blow the 30-50 Asuran Aura class ships, right? And all those Hives the Wraith have, yea they are going to do some serious damage control to all of them, right? I mean, one powerful ship can destroy them all....right? Thats what your saying, but that sounds more unrealistic and stupid then us having one or two advanced ships, don't ya think?
    whos to say that they will only have 1 or 2 they will make more ships and fit them with the upgrades

Chief Master Sergeant

yes but at the speed the asurans build we will never keep up even against the ori the oddesy was almost destroyed.

earth will be the underdog the first thousand years nothing will change that not even if the ships would be uber powerfull your fighting against a race that is on the same level or further then the ancients even if we use the asgard weapons against them they can easy find a way to bypass it.

what is not beliefable that earth is able to build ARG but not energy weapons

Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Tomouse55 View Post
    Thats not entirely true, we've seen Jack zat the Asgard scientist that was cloning humans, Loki and he survived to be questioned.

That was one of the funniest moments and episodes ever made

Quote Originally Posted by genius21 View Post
    yes but at the speed the asurans build we will never keep up even against the ori the oddesy was almost destroyed.

earth will be the underdog the first thousand years nothing will change that not even if the ships would be uber powerfull your fighting against a race that is on the same level or further then the ancients even if we use the asgard weapons against them they can easy find a way to bypass it.

The asurans can build incredibly quickly, they would probably understand the asgard tech better than we did (if we let it fall into their hands). They are so much more advanced than us even with the asgard upgrades. Having some advanced ships wouldn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by genius21 View Post

With these new upgrades I think it'll all come down to tactics, if you have 2 equal powered ships, one sitting there taking fire and the other buzzing about avoiding fire which do you think will win? I actually think the upgraded Oddy isn't as good as an Ori ship, the Ori just have dumb tactics of just sitting there taking fire.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by kirmit View Post
    With these new upgrades I think it'll all come down to tactics, if you have 2 equal powered ships, one sitting there taking fire and the other buzzing about avoiding fire which do you think will win? I actually think the upgraded Oddy isn't as good as an Ori ship, the Ori just have dumb tactics of just sitting there taking fire.

Hardly manuverable against a ship 1/10th its size though is it.

Besides, you think they would of known about its super duper ZPM powered shields and brilliant new weapons system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala View Post
    Hardly manuverable against a ship 1/10th its size though is it.

Besides, you think they would of known about its super duper ZPM powered shields and brilliant new weapons system.
    Does size matter in space? Aslong as you've got the engines size means squat and the Ori engines were each nearly as big as the Oddy itself. Besides we've seen them to be much more manouverable in 'Flesh and Blood'. Yeah not knowing and still sitting there after being fired upon several times are different things. I mean come on, they were there to destroy the oddy, in battle and it sat there like a sitting duck, dumb tactics.

I think this is exactly how TPTB will get around showing us which ship is more powerful, upgraded 304 or Asuran Aurora, they'll just have the Asurans use dumb tactics while the 304 flies about shooting at it from every angle.

Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by kirmit View Post
    Does size matter in space? Aslong as you've got the engines size means squat and the Ori engines were each nearly as big as the Oddy itself. Besides we've seen them to be much more manouverable in 'Flesh and Blood'. Yeah not knowing and still sitting there after being fired upon several times are different things. I mean come on, they were there to destroy the oddy, in battle and it sat there like a sitting duck, dumb tactics.

I think this is exactly how TPTB will get around showing us which ship is more powerful, upgraded 304 or Asuran Aurora, they'll just have the Asurans use dumb tactics while the 304 flies about shooting at it from every angle.

Size always matters . Have you seen the Oddy running in circles around the ORI ship? I don't mind seeing that again against an Asuran Aurora

Quote Originally Posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Size always matters . Have you seen the Oddy running in circles around the ORI ship? I don't mind seeing that again against an Asuran Aurora
    The problem with that would be as the Aurora's shields so far have been shown to be somewhat, rubbish, I thought they would've relied more on their speed to take out Hives, avoiding fire whilst blasting off hundreds of drones. If their shields are rubbish and they're slow then it's going to be really hard to believe they could take out hives.