This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus has got the lasers and kicking all arse according to Caldwell

"The only complaint I have is that we didn't have enough firepower and now we got it. We are blowing people [ships] out of the air left and right".

Finally!

And when will Earth forces finally start using ray guns? And how about some cool energy absorbing armor?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/daedalus.jpg

Well, that answers that question, I wonder what these new "toys" that hes talking about are exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
      "The only complaint I have is that we didn't have enough firepower and now we got it. We are blowing people [ships] out of the air left and right".

Finally!

And when will Earth forces finally start using ray guns? And how about some cool energy absorbing armor?

I'm seriously considering not watching Stargate anymore if all the Earth ships get the Asgard upgrades. Where will the tension and drama be?

1. If the Earth ships don't pwn everything they see, it will be a massive plot hole now.
      2. If the Earth ships do pwn everything they see, it will just be boring and lame now.

I'm so disgusted with the writers over that decision, despite the fact that I absolutely loved Unending.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

If I recall in another topic, somebody made a guess (or claim) that it was an advanced form of rail gun.

Comment

^Sounds interesting. I kinda like that idea, wonder how those would work & what they'd look like.

Comment

Wow i have actually got the mag and didnt see this! So we DO have unending weapons for S4...AT got it so wrong, she said they never mention the unending technology through S4 or the movies. This is good news for our fight with the wraith but a little annoying in terms of peoples perceptions of what unending did for the tauri.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

You will see Earth ships shredding Hives, Ancient warships etc. But they will still be the underdogs due to sheer number of enemy ships.

I think it is far past time: 10 years, and Earth does not even have personal energy weapons (except the ARGs), that is just implausible.

I see no reason why Earth should be stuck with weak early 21st century forever with no progression at all. We have all the specs, got the Asgard replicator, got help from the Asgard = advance tech coming.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

Finally!

Well if it turns out that way in the episode, then it answer the question we get those damn upgrades, should be cool in the episode.

But one thing, if we got big guns enough to take out hives vessels, then surly the writers gonna have to give the wraith a little upgrade or other wise it not gonna take all that long before the wraith become extinct.

Comment

Some energy absorption like the organic material from B5?

Comment

I will still watch it even with the incredability un realistic leaps in tech.

Comment

Even if all our ships have the Asgard "phasers" they probably won't be as powerful as on the Oddy, as that had the Asgard power source AND a ZPM powering it. Thats about the only way not to have us shredding everything in sight and not be a plot hole.
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

It amuses me that people think that this is the end of the world and that us with our three measly capitol ships with cool weapons & shields are now some how going to own the whole universe LOL.

The ancients got taken out by the Wraith despite the fact that they (the Wraith) were technologically inferior to the point that they were pushed all the way back to their capitol and contained there indefinitely (well that is until they left).

At that point the Ancients could win every battle but had no chance of winning the war despite their technological supremacy. I think if properly motivated the Wraith can prove to be formidable adversaries…hell just asks the Ancients, or the commanders of those two Asuran ships that were reduced to wreckage.

For that matter ask the Goa’uld what a technologically inferior race can do to you.

I think it will make for very interesting story telling to see this complete role reversal in the SG-verse…we went from being the backwards underdogs to being one of the supreme superpowers of our two respective galaxies.

What we do with that power is what’s going to make for some interesting story telling in the years (hopefully) to come.

This is merely the beginning of a new chapter in the Tau’ri Legendarium…we already liberated one galaxy & now it is time to clean up our Ancestors mess by using the Asgard legacy to fulfill our destiny as the Fifth Race and liberate galaxy number two.

I didn’t proof read this so I’m sure some one will point out the mistakes in my ramblings Lol.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                        *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                        DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                        DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

These ships are going to be so awesome once created!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                            that had the Asgard power source AND a ZPM powering it.
                            AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!

WILL THE STUPIDITY NEVER END?!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              I'm seriously considering not watching Stargate anymore if all the Earth ships get the Asgard upgrades. Where will the tension and drama be?

1. If the Earth ships don't pwn everything they see, it will be a massive plot hole now.
                              2. If the Earth ships do pwn everything they see, it will just be boring and lame now.

I'm so disgusted with the writers over that decision, despite the fact that I absolutely loved Unending.
                              i agree. The weaponry shouldn't be that easilly backward engineered. even with the asgard database. i just don't see it a seeming very realistic.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X