X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Trap Car

So for a lab that me and my physics class are making a Mouse Trap Car

But I don't know what I need for supplies and steps to making it. So if anyone has ever made one and has some helpers then thank you
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

It's been a while but:

use some kind of rod to connect to the mouse trap, we used a carbon fiber arrow. Tape a long piece of string to the top of the rod, and rap it around the back axle of the car. When the mouse trap is released, it should power the car.
    sigpic

Comment

...okay, why?
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

We made them in Physics at school one time but the mousetrap just released all its energy at once and it didn't end up going very far.
        All we did was stick some wheels on a mousetrap and attach a stick to the mousetrap bar. Then you tie a string to the stick and coil the other end around the axle while the mousetrap is set. Once the mousetrap goes off it unwinds the string and the car (hopefully) moves forward.
        Hope this is helpfull
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
          ...okay, why?
          because mapp physics (however boring it may be) is all to do with two things. energy and calculations. its been a while since i did physics... and i LOATHE that subject but let me see- the mouse trap car works by the spring on the trap. the spring has a lot of energy it picks up when you push the bar in place, transferring energy. when the spring is released the energy stored is converted to movement energy by transferring the forces through something into the wheels. i hated physics biology was always better and i did not do this experiment so i wouldnt know how to make one...
          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Thanks Guys
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

you'll probably need a mouse trap for starters

Comment

What's the point in making a self-propelled mouse trap?
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  What's the point in making a self-propelled mouse trap?
                  So it can chase the mouse!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X