X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ark Of Truth - Date and Price!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sta...-Of-Truth/8555

Here we go now! March 11th it is!

I'm still hoping for news on Hi-Def Blu-ray.

---

You would think that with the currency exchange rate, that the prices would be closer together....

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sta...-Of-Truth/8555

Here we go now! March 11th it is!

I'm still hoping for news on Hi-Def Blu-ray.

---

You would think that with the currency exchange rate, that the prices would be closer together....
    Thanks for putting that up...

Extras were not mentioned yet, but we do expect some to be present.
    At $26.98 SRP in the USA, Lets hope so!

I wonder how much the release is going to be in the UK...
    No doubt £17-20...

Comment

Well probably hear some news sooner or later, and hopefully a cover art shot early next year!

Comment

you are lucky. Official distributor for MGM in the Czech Republic doesn't even know about AoT and Continuum. So these movies will hit shelves in my country in 2009
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Damn. It looks like I was right about about the recommended Canadian price, but over shot the US price by a few dollars.

Nice to see that there is some form of confirmation for a March 11th release date. I think that it is a bit disappointing that there was no news about a Blu-Ray release, hopefully once they've finalized the DVD they'll at least talk about a HD release. It would suck so badly if people had to rely on TV for it.

sigpic

Comment

They've bumped it again? What ever happend to March 8?

And why was this movie delayed so much and still more? It was supposed to be released in fall 2007. It sounds like they are trying to milk every last penny out of it which makes me fear that there won't be any more Stargate movies.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              They've bumped it again? What ever happend to March 8?

And why was this movie delayed so much and still more? It was supposed to be released in fall 2007. It sounds like they are trying to milk every last penny out of it which makes me fear that there won't be any more Stargate movies.

Vala,
              Apparently its been held back in post production due to being heavy in visual effects.
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

$27 for a 97-minute movie? You've got to be kidding me. For a few more dollars, you can buy an SG-1 season set featuring 20-22 episodes, 42 minutes per episode. I will be renting this movie. If I like it, I'll buy it off e-bay for $10 or so dollars. I'm not paying $27 for any movie.

I'm a little dissapointed that it's only going to be 97 minutes (1 hour, 37 minutes) long. I was hoping it would be two hours. Still, SG-1's longest episode is "Children of the Gods" at about 90 minutes, so this movie will be the longest SG-1 adventure yet. The short length won't bother me if the setup is brief and they jump right into the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  [COLOR="Blue"]$27 for a 97-minute movie? You've got to be kidding me. For a few more dollars, you can buy an SG-1 season set featuring 20-22 episodes, 42 minutes per episode. I will be renting this movie. If I like it, I'll buy it off e-bay for $10 or so dollars. I'm not paying $27 for any movie.
                  Your lucky you don't live in the UK we pay about £15 for a dvd movie, which is about 30 dollars US!

They don't call it rip-off Britain for nothing
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                    Your lucky you don't live in the UK we pay about £15 for a dvd movie, which is about 30 dollars US!

They don't call it rip-off Britain for nothing
                    You can blame the 17.5% tax for that.

Truth be told, for a 97 minute move, I'd not be willing to pay full price for it right away unless there was some extra motivation (preorder bonus or something). Like Daniel Jackson, I too would have prefered and hoped for two hours. While 97 minutes is still better than the usual 84-87 minutes that two parters are, it's not that great a difference.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      you are lucky. Official distributor for MGM in the Czech Republic doesn't even know about AoT and Continuum. So these movies will hit shelves in my country in 2009
                      same her in iceland we dont have sga season 2and3 and sg1 season 10 so i thing it will be some time when aot will arrive,i just send mom and dad to the usa to buy it ther for cheper price

Comment

To be fair, my favorite Star Trek movie based on TNG is 103 minutes, just six minutes longer than The Ark of Truth is going to be. Star Trek: Insurrection had plenty of time to tell it's story in 103 minutes. In hindsight, 97 minutes isn't that bad.

Comment

My fave Trek movie was 106 minutes, and in the great grand scheme of things it's not the length of time but what they do with it.

But when you consider that 97 by default is a short amount of time, when you take out the time for credits then 97 can easily turn into 87, or less even less so it turns into a normal lengthed two parter if you don't count credit time.

sigpic

Comment

Interesting...

Stargate (130 Minutes) Director's Cut
                            The Ark of Truth (97 Minutes)
                            SG-1 "Children of the Gods" (90 Minutes)
                            SG-1 "Lost City" (84 Minutes)
                            SG-1 "Threads" (63 Minutes)
                            Standard SG-1 Episode (42 Minutes)

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                              Interesting...

Stargate (130 Minutes) Director's Cut
                              The Ark of Truth (97 Minutes)
                              SG-1 "Children of the Gods" (90 Minutes)
                              SG-1 "Lost City" (84 Minutes)
                              SG-1 "Threads" (63 Minutes)
                              Standard SG-1 Episode (42 Minutes)
                              so what are you saying?

I think it's cool that CotG was longer than 84 mins, same for Threads (21 mins longer)
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X