This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite SGA character?

I'd like to know who is your favourite character in StarGate Atlantis. So we're not talking about SG-1. And please, post explanation, why is that particular character your favourite.

So, I'll start with mine. I've seen just two seasons, 'cause I live in Finland and we see the eps bit later than they're shown in U.S.A. This far I've liked John Sheppard the most. I like him 'cause he is one great leader and he's so optimistic all the time. I also like his style to do things. It's so loose and same time so professional. He's also so witty that it makes show also funny to watch him.

Sig made by SueKay

Originally posted by Corpze View Post
    I'd like to know who is your favourite character in StarGate Atlantis. So we're not talking about SG-1. And please, post explanation, why is that particular character your favourite.So, I'll start with mine. I've seen just two seasons, 'cause I live in Finland and we see the eps bit later than they're shown in U.S.A. This far I've liked John Sheppard the most. I like him 'cause he is one great leader and he's so optimistic all the time. I also like his style to do things. It's so loose and same time so professional. He's also so witty that it makes show also funny to watch him.
    Watch Miller's Crossing and tell me if you still think Sheppard is the favorite character. I'm a fan of Zelenka. He is always being overshadowed by McKay but is close to intelect level. One of these days Zelenka is going to punch him in the face. Ten dollars (International exchange applies) says FH picks Heighmeyer
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think there's already a thread on this, but I can't seem to locate it. The search won't cooperate.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Ten dollars (International exchange applies) says FH picks Heightmeyer
      Only ten dollars?

Dr. Kate Heightmeyer

She's a fascinating character. Psychology fascinates me to no end. She's looks to be the kind of psychologist who takes the time and effort to help people cope with their hopes and fears, their stress and whatnot. I'd tell her my whole life in a heartbeat. She looks friendly and inviting, and Claire Rankin does an awesome job bringing Kate to life.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So, I'll start with mine. I've seen just two seasons, 'cause I live in Finland and we see the eps bit later than they're shown in U.S.A.
        I didn't know we get SGA on TV in Finland. What channel, what time? I've just been downloading the series, I've found no other way to watch it here.

Watch Miller's Crossing and tell me if you still think Sheppard is the favorite character.
        I disagree. I think what he did in Miller's crossing just shows how much he cares for Rodney. I'll admit that it's morally a bit questionable, but in the given situation, I don't see that he had much choice. If you're going to question someone's actions, it should be that Wallace guy. A bit OT, sorry.

Comment

Meredith.

It's not just that he's the most developed character in Stargate Atlantis. He's also most human. He's a coward, and arrogant, and a *******, adn insecure... he's imprefect.
          And he's sarcastic, which is always a must Basicallt, he's fun and he's human.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I know I only saw the first two seasons so far, but mine was Weir. Which makes me wonder if I'll like season four when it comes out where I can see it.
            sigpic
            sig by kidwizz

Comment

Carter. A character I've loved and admired for over ten years.

Ronon's a very close second. Sweet, funny, interesting, loyal - great character.

Meredith
              Last edited by Nikki; 06 December 2007, 09:06 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Sam, then Weir.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Lúmendil View Post
                  I didn't know we get SGA on TV in Finland. What channel, what time? I've just been downloading the series, I've found no other way to watch it here.
                  I just meant that the DVD boxes come out late. Just two first boxes have been released so far. Third box release date is December 19th. So I just may have formed that sentence incorrectly. Being tired after a rough day, so that isn't unusual.

Sig made by SueKay

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Watch Miller's Crossing and tell me if you still think Sheppard is the favorite character. I'm a fan of Zelenka. He is always being overshadowed by McKay but is close to intelect level. One of these days Zelenka is going to punch him in the face. Ten dollars (International exchange applies) says FH picks Heighmeyer

Sheppard has been my favorite character since the beginning, and Miller's Crossing only reinforced that for me. He is loyal, courageous, brave, and not afraid of making the hard decision. If I were on an SG team, there is no one that I'd rather have as a team leader because I know he would do anything to protect me and would never leave me behind (unless the fate of Atlantis was at stake).

I will admit that Rodney comes a close second.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

McKay, with Beckett coming second

and I don't count Sam as an SGA character
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

But she's in SGA season 4, right? If that's correct, doesn't it count? I'd say she's SGA character if she's starring the show.

Sig made by SueKay

Comment

But she's in SGA season 4, right? If that's correct, doesn't it count? I'd say she's SGA character if she's starring the show.
                          Some people would argue that...including me. Others will think like you.

The one's who will argue will use the following line (or something along those lines):

* Sam Carter is a member of SG1 and as such not a member of SGA.
                          * Carter is an SG1 character, not an SGA character. SGA characters were created for the show...in which case Weir & McKay aren't originally from SGA but from SG1. Yet the latter were only guest characters on SG1, while Carter's a main.

Since you started the thread, and you say Carter is an SGA character, then so be it. Just don't think everyone will agree with that.

Oh, and let's close that can of worms while we still can...shall we? It's in everybody's good interest.
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 December 2007, 04:02 PM. Reason: Missing letters...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My favorite Atlantis character is Sam.

Comment

McKay!!!!!!!! He was my favourite guest character on SG1 and the only reason why i started watching Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X