This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c's Grey Hair

Why does Teal'c have a section of his hair where it's grey? Shouldn't the grey hair be all throughout? It doesn't seem realistic for that to happen only in one area. Is it something they always do in production to make it look like the person is greying, so they don't have to put in so much time to make it look realistic or something? It just disappoints me 'cause it doesn't seem realistic, and Stargate prides itself on being realistic. Am I wrong - does grey hair start on some people in a neat little section of their head like that?

Well considering he's a 157 year old Jaffa who looks younger than a 142 year old Bra'tac, how exactly is his hair supposed to look?

You can have to give them a bit of creative difference because if they wanted to be realistic, they'd have to do hours of makeup on him to make look his age, or find an older actor to play him. While he could be more grey, I think he's got enough grey to show how old he is.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSunset View Post
      Why does Teal'c have a section of his hair where it's grey? Shouldn't the grey hair be all throughout? It doesn't seem realistic for that to happen only in one area. Is it something they always do in production to make it look like the person is greying, so they don't have to put in so much time to make it look realistic or something? It just disappoints me 'cause it doesn't seem realistic, and Stargate prides itself on being realistic. Am I wrong - does grey hair start on some people in a neat little section of their head like that?
      Ha ha no it doesn't, and never has!

Comment

thats nippiness isn't it jenks
        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Can grey hair actually start in one little neat stripe of hair like that?

Comment

Can grey hair actually start in one little neat stripe of hair like that?
            I'm sorry everyone's ignored your actual question. I'm not sure, I haven't seen it myself.

As for Teal'c looking younger than Bra'tac, keep in mind that Teal'c spent decades of his life relaxing and out of sun exposure.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              I'm sorry everyone's ignored your actual question. I'm not sure, I haven't seen it myself.

As for Teal'c looking younger than Bra'tac, keep in mind that Teal'c spent decades of his life relaxing and out of sun exposure.
              I know a few people with what I would call neat little gray patches in their hair.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've always wondered why Teal'c at a good 15 years older then Bra'tac looks not a year over 100 if the gray hair wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                  I've always wondered why Teal'c at a good 15 years older then Bra'tac looks not a year over 100 if the gray hair wasn't there.
                  Well, him not having a lot of stress or constantly fighting one battle after another for a solid 50 years probably helped his aging a bit.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Re: Grey stripe of hair.

I have also known people with patches of grey, not that defined; but this is TV so.... artistic license can be used.

Re: Teal'c not looking as old as Bratac

I do not know Bractac's history, but since Teal'c was First Prime maybe he spent time in the sarcophagus, or was exposed to other gould technology which affected his early aging.

Comment

Seriously, I kind of like Teal'c with the gray streak now. It kind of suits how wise he has become.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

There is one simple way to explain, He's Wolverine. Be careful, he could claw someone's ass.

I think it's actually more thanks to the Tretonin. The Tok'ra said the original Tretonin should have worked better, once that flaw was fixed it could have easily acted as an anti-aging drug.

If you consider the fact that Jaffa already have long life spans, and we don't know the true extent of how old they can get, the Tretonin could slowed down the aging process of Teal'c considerably. He biologically aged only 5, maybe 10 years despite being stuck for for 50 years. Cheap way to explain it, and we do know that life extending drugs do exist.

sigpic

Comment

It happened to me from age thirteen, (was completly white by my twenties it sucked)

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            There is one simple way to explain, He's Wolverine. Be careful, he could claw someone's ass.

I think it's actually more thanks to the Tretonin. The Tok'ra said the original Tretonin should have worked better, once that flaw was fixed it could have easily acted as an anti-aging drug.

If you consider the fact that Jaffa already have long life spans, and we don't know the true extent of how old they can get, the Tretonin could slowed down the aging process of Teal'c considerably. He biologically aged only 5, maybe 10 years despite being stuck for for 50 years. Cheap way to explain it, and we do know that life extending drugs do exist.
                            That very well could be the case. Really, there are several ways we can rationalize Teal'c's lack of physical aging.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post

If you consider the fact that Jaffa already have long life spans, and we don't know the true extent of how old they can get, the Tretonin could slowed down the aging process of Teal'c considerably.
                              No one really knows. Teal'c is arguably the oldest Jaffa ever. Remember, Bra'tac would already be dead had it not been for tretonin. Goa'uld symbiotes won't go into old Jaffa.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X