Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe the ancients will help...but about the Orii being all dead...I hope not, because then Adria is more powerful then any one can ever imagine....and her people in this galaxy will make sure she gets more powerful....so...i hope the weapon did not work...

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
      When you look it, SG1 are trying to save the people of the MW. But if you understand what is happening, they are actually protecting the ancients...

So will they give in and help the fight?
      If deus ex machina becomes necessary, they will.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I think that the Ancients will help. I believe (or mainly maybe just hope) that there will be a big "rebel" and some of the Ancients will come and help the Earthlings. As Morgan Le Fay said in "Pegasus Project" (SG-1 s10e03), there are some ancients that would like to help SGC to defeat the Ori, but majority of them wouldn't like to interfere. And after that she vanished. So I think there will be few ancients fighting for their own future.

Sig made by SueKay

Comment

i believe merlin will help, maybe oma (but is'nt she tied up with anubis)

but for the rest of the ancients, i doubt they care about us

Comment

The Ancients go a little further with their help every time they give it. So this may very well be the time they finally step in and use their power for a grand result (ie. helping SG-1 defeat the Ori army or beat back the Priors).

Ultimately, they've refused to help us because their entire society post-ascension, now thousands of years old, is based around non-interference. They, like the Tollan, have seen what giving the great knowledge they possess to those that are unready for it can do, and they don't want another Ori incident on their hands. In their eyes, Earth is close to being ready for it, but not quite, and they may very well be right.

But I think that now, with the entire universe at such a crossroads, they may realize that Daniel was right, that if the Ori aren't stopped here, they may never be stopped. And they may, at last, finish the fight that's been millions of years in the making.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I would say maby billions of years in the making.

1. Altera and Ori seperate

2. Altera leave for a million year trip to Avalon

3. Ancients live on Earth for millions of years

4. They leave, spend ~5 million years in pegasus

5. ascend

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                I would say maby billions of years in the making.

1. Altera and Ori seperate

2. Altera leave for a million year trip to Avalon

3. Ancients live on Earth for millions of years

4. They leave, spend ~5 million years in pegasus

5. ascend
                Whether measured in millions of years or a billion, it has still been a very long time. The Ancients should be involved in the end, if even in just a small way.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wish they would interfere because it would be interesting to see, but I don't think they will other than a few subtle pushes like Daniel did in Abyss when he was giving hints to Teal'c. Just enough so they don't get into trouble.
                  sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                    I wish they would interfere because it would be interesting to see, but I don't think they will other than a few subtle pushes like Daniel did in Abyss when he was giving hints to Teal'c. Just enough so they don't get into trouble.
                    I came across a spoiler that Morgan LeFay confronts Adria, so I would assume that the ancients do fight back or at least some change their mind about their non-interference policy...

Comment

Really it's the ancients fight, the other races got caught up in the middle because of the nature of the oris teachings.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                        Really it's the ancients fight, the other races got caught up in the middle because of the nature of the oris teachings.
                        Really though, a lot of the villains in Stargate owe the Ancients for becoming what they have. Like the Goa'uld, the Wraith, and the Ori. The Ancients' mistakes have become our problems quite regularly.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Really though, a lot of the villains in Stargate owe the Ancients for becoming what they have. Like the Goa'uld, the Wraith, and the Ori. The Ancients' mistakes have become our problems quite regularly.
                          Not true:

1. The Goa'uld are genetically evil. They would have become what they did regardless of finding Ancient technology; that merely helped them develop faster transportation (and you can't really blame the Ancients for that, they could not help that some would scavenge the ruins of their plague-ridden civilization in the Milky Way).
                          2. The Wraith... we still don't really know how that whole thing began, so I don't think we can say much on them yet. But the Wraith beat the Ancients, so we can't blame the Ancients for their rise to power in Pegasus.
                          3. The Ori became evil following the departure of the Alterans (Ancients). That's not their fault, they left because they didn't want to be dragged down with the Ori or have to fight them later on.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The Goa'uld are only genetically evil due to their genetic memory combined with the Sarcophagus technology, which was derived from an Ancient device.

Comment

it is not so relavend to this thread but about the ancient, merlin was the last high counsiler of atlantis,but he was not in charge when they acended, or all of acended pepole ancient?
                              about the thread no i dont thing the will help

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                The Goa'uld are only genetically evil due to their genetic memory combined with the Sarcophagus technology, which was derived from an Ancient device.
                                I'm not sure a race's being evil is caused solely by that... humanity is by and large very evil, after all, and we have no sarcophagus. But either way, you can't blame the Ancients for that; it's not their fault the Goa'uld found it.

That'd be like blaming the Egyptians for spreading a plague because it festered in one of their tombs for a millennia and we let it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X