This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep... How Much Do You Get?

On an average day, how many hours of sleep do you say you have?

For me Sunday-Thursday is about 9 hours a night. On Friday and Saturday it tends to be around 4-7 hours a night (or morning).

How about you?

I'm only really asking because right now it's 12:38 am, and there's a bunch of people still on. I know, all the differences in times zones, but alot of people are on here all day lol.

Probably another silly thread that barely anyone will actually answer lol.

So I'll go sleep now and come back later this morning and see if anyone actually decided to respond
    Last edited by MartoufMarty; 08 October 2004, 09:47 PM.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

I get very little sleep on days before school, like 5 hours. On the weekends, I make up, by sleeping about 10 hours.
    Rocky

Comment

4-5 hours weeknights, 10 hours roundabouts on weekends. My university's kinda tough.

Comment

Around 4-5 hours sleep during weekdays, 2 hours a night on weekends (although I sleep most of sunday to make up for the week).
        [email protected]
        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
        One nation under dog
        There of which I stand alone
        A face in the crowd
        Unsung, against the mold
        Without a doubt
        Singled out
        The only way I know

Comment

Random. Usually between 3 and 8 hours each night.
          Games 'n Stuff

Comment

It varies. I try to get around 6 or 7 hours of sleep through the work week, but how much I get on the weekends depends on what time I go to bed, how good or crappy my work week has been, and what time I get annoyed by the sun coming in my window.

Allison

Comment

I sleep, on average, 8 hours from when I fall asleep. Example: I go to bed at 1am, I wake up at 9am.

Comment

Normal weekdays... 5-6 hours. Weekends about 8-9 hours. It's funny that in my younger days those numbers would be reversed! :-)
                A top-secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a stargate. (Marty)
                Sounds like a good idea for a TV show - if you're into that sort of thing. (O'Neill)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  On an average day, how many hours of sleep do you say you have?

When I was young woman (between 20 and 40), I used to sleep at least 8 hours a night -- NEEDED 8 hours a night -- and slept like a log. Would sleep through anything -- earthquakes (I live in California), at least one fire (restaurant next door burned down), a some cops chasing a burglar over our side fence (guy was burgling the house 2 doors down)...but the side fence was near my open bedroom window, and I slept through the whole foot pursuit.

Now that I'm old and decrepit, I do good getting three hours of sound sleep, before I wake up.

Sigh.

I've noticed I tend to take a LOT of naps on the weekends now. I don't PLAN on taking the naps -- I sit down to watch TV, and wake up several hours later.

Oh, well.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I normally get 8-10 hours sleep... Though it's usually during the day. I've got a habit of staying up all night.

Comment

Schooldays between 6-8h and on non-schooldays 0 - 8h.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Not Nearly Enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ditto,Mio,.....but after several days of sleep-deprivation,I tend to just go into hibernation as soon as the week's over !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

On one weekend last summer I stayed up all night watching Stargate SG-1 and movies. I fell asleep around 5 am, and my parents came downstairs around 5:30 am and that day we painted the garage so I ran on about half an hour of sleep. Later I fell asleep watching TV lol.

My record for staying awake is about 42 hours. The only reason I didn't make it to 48 was that I had school the next day lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

In my 20's and 30's I used to sleep 7-8 hours regularly. Without fail. My head hit the pillow and I didn't wake up until morning.

Now that I'm *cough* older my sleep is very erratic. Some nights it's the old 8 hours thing and some nights I barely sleep at all.....and have very strange dreams.

I've never taken naps - they just makes me more tired and I absolutely hate waking up after dozing off with my contacts in.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X