This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anubis3355
    yeah.....im not that popular boy everyone likes.........when i say i watch stargate or try to fake kill them with my self-made ribbon device they look at me like im a treky....(never watched the show) and thats whyi almost never mention i like sg1...
    Man, screw how they look at you. Go to school in your SG-1 uniform if it makes ya happy... only you have proper place to judge your appearance, interests and behavior. If they dont like you, they can go play Dodge The Traffic in concrete boots.

Originally posted by Skydiver
    rda doesnt like doing cons. it's his choice. he'd rather spend time with his daughter and i respect that 10000%.
    jobs are temporary, family is forever
    [Mod snip]

Otis: I think any of us would go to a con he was at. Hell, he could have his own con, RDA '04. Your entry ticket comes with a number, and when that number's called you get to go up and lick his shoes, or whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 May 2004, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by anubis3355
      yeah.....im not that popular boy everyone likes.........when i say i watch stargate or try to fake kill them with my self-made ribbon device they look at me like im a treky....(never watched the show) and thats whyi almost never mention i like sg1...

Hey I know what it feels like to be persecuted by your classmates just because you like a show they all think is geeky, nerdy or whatever else. But what really counts is that there are those like us here who are great fans of the show, and don't really care what other people think if they hate the show.

And why RDA doesn't do cons, probably because he would rather commit his time with his daughter and his business of producing Stargate SG1.
      If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrodite
        But what really counts is that there are those like us here who are great fans of the show, and don't really care what other people think if they hate the show.
        And, hey, if you cant trust strangers off internet boards, who can you trust?

Comment

in a way i envy him. he's got a freedom now that a lot of other folks don't

he only has to work if he wants to. unlike millions of parents out there, he can devote his time to his daughter.

if he or any of them, chose to quit to devote their time and energies to thier personal life, i say more power to them.

as to the others doing cons, hey, it's a relatively easy way to make a living. they are paid quite handsomly for thier time and, depending on thier standard of living, could possibly do a con a month and still more than make ends meet.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What I've heard about RDA not going to cons was something about he simply not having the time for it.
            I mean, when he's not filming the show, he has production stuff to attend to. Plus, when will he be with his family?
            This is what I heard. I mean, he beeing Executive Producer, and beeing also on other projects for what I understand. Maybe he's too old for some stuff
            I would like to see him in a con though.
            :: How Would You Feel About Life If Death Was Your Older Sister? ::

Comment

There's a petition on the official gatecon website to get him to attend the fifth anniversary Does anyone know how that turned out?

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
                There's a petition on the official gatecon website to get him to attend the fifth anniversary Does anyone know how that turned out?
                i have NO doubt that gatecon will let us know if things turn out favorably

then again, folks didn't know MS was coming until he showed up last year, teh same with amanda in 2001
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrodite
                  Originally Posted by anubis3355

Hey I know what it feels like to be persecuted by your classmates just because you like a show they all think is geeky, nerdy or whatever else. But what really counts is that there are those like us here who are great fans of the show, and don't really care what other people think if they hate the show.

And why RDA doesn't do cons, probably because he would rather commit his time with his daughter and his business of producing Stargate SG1.
                  No, what's important is that it doesn't matter what said classmates say, because you're bigger than them and can beat them up...

Comment

as to why he doesn't do cons. i really think thats his business. i have nothing but respect for the man, and i'd say in the past he was just too busy and now i'd say considering that he's reduced his working on the show for very valid reasons, i really wouldn't think he'd have the time.
                    on a simpsons audio commentary they mentioned that rda liked the show and they would like him to do and ep and they think he would do one too but they mentioned something about how busy he was.

ps, i refused to post on this before now purely due to the previous title of the thread, which i found disrespectful and offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                      No, what's important is that it doesn't matter what said classmates say, because you're bigger than them and can beat them up...
                      i think the most important thing to remember is;
                      all those classmates that slag ya just cos ya like a tv show. yeah, they're all losers and your better than them anyway.
                      or if that fails, you can go online, find all the stargate fans in your area or even just your country, let them know whats goin' on. were a supportive bunch usually and we'll all go around and kick they're asses with ya! it'll be like a gang war!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        as to why he doesn't do cons. i really think thats his business. i have nothing but respect for the man, and i'd say in the past he was just too busy and now i'd say considering that he's reduced his working on the show for very valid reasons, i really wouldn't think he'd have the time.
                        on a simpsons audio commentary they mentioned that rda liked the show and they would like him to do and ep and they think he would do one too but they mentioned something about how busy he was.
                        how amazing would it be if he was actually on the simpson's though? oh man...that would be such a quality episode. just no macgyer hair >.<

as for him and conventions...he probably want's to spend as much time with wylie as possible. which i respect...:-)
                        My flickr photography.

Comment

From my understanding, RDA is involved in many charity events, as well as other organizations outside of Stargate which really keep him busy when he is not filming episodes, and even when he is doing Stargate, he is not always available for doing an episode, or for the most part of an episode, like Fragile Balance.

Originally posted on Stargate-sg1.com
                          Anderson is the co-founder of the Celebrity All-Star Hockey Team, which raises funds for charities in conjunction with the NHL. He is also an active fund-raiser and board member for the Challengers Club, a children's recreational center in South Central L.A. His most recent association is with the Water Keeper Alliance, an environmental agency dedicated to the protection and preservation of the world's waterways.

In conjunction with Earth River Expeditions, Anderson is also currently a member of a documentary film project aimed at chronicling the great rivers of the world. He has recently been elected to the board of directors for the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and will be working closely with its founder, Paul Watson.
                          So, as you can see, he is a very busy guy, plus I would imagine that age is catching up to him, and that he isnt as fit as what he used to be, although I am sure that his years in hockey and doing SG-1 have kept him ok condition if not above average.
                          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                          X