This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't RDA attend Conventions?

Well its true!! Anderson is never in any conventions or any stuff like that....if i was him i wouldnt either....too many nerds and geeks..ewwww.....besides we need him for the show to go on so he wont ger fired any time soon...hes getting old too.....ps... no hate.......
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

well??

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
      well??
      i really doubt he thinks he is better than the others, but just FYI there are forum rules about discussing the actors like this, so you better be careful what you say

Comment

Also, you waited ONE MINUTE and then posted again!?!?!?

Comment

Also, who are you calling "nerds and geeks"?!
          I'll have you know all of us here are part of the 'cool' crowd, we're hip, we're popular, we... ...aww, who am I kidding...
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
            Well its true!! Anderson is never in any conventions or any stuff like that....if i was him i wouldnt either....too many nerds and geeks..ewwww.....besides we need him for the show to go on so he wont ger fired any time soon...hes getting old too.....ps... no hate.......
            I dunno... maybe he just doesn't like conventions. It's not the law he has to go. Maybe he's shy.

And he's definately the best actor on the show.

Teal'c: LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              Also, who are you calling "nerds and geeks"?!
              I'll have you know all of us here are part of the 'cool' crowd, we're hip, we're popular, we... ...aww, who am I kidding...

yeah.....im not that popular boy everyone likes.........when i say i watch stargate or try to fake kill them with my self-made ribbon device they look at me like im a treky....(never watched the show) and thats whyi almost never mention i like sg1...

Comment

You have a self-made ribbon device? Cool!
                I mean, er, uh... You weirdo.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  You have a self-made ribbon device? Cool!
                  I mean, er, uh... You weirdo.
                  sure i have one i just build one a few days ago....its mostly soda cans........but hey.................i cant afford the real thing...............gimme your email and ill send you a picture.....mine is [email protected]

Comment

I heard Rick doesn't do Cons because of an incident. I don't know what it was about, but thats what i heard. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

My suggestion (and it's only a suggestion) would be to edit your original post to make it less confrotational and accusatory towards RDA. It's bad manners and, as mentioned, it's borderline (if not actually crossing the line) of the forum rules. Discuss the characters all you want, but respect the actors.

Someone else suggested that RDA might not like conventions. From what I've heard, he has good reason to hate them. It doesn't mean he thinks he's better than everyone, it just means he has more common sense.

If you're in a forum dedicated to a show, it's a good idea not to insult them. Remember that you're here, too. And being ashamed of being a fan isn't a very good outlook on things.

Oh, and RDA's too old?! Maybe you just need to grow up some more.

Comment

ok ok...........i was wrong...........just because i dont like conventions .............well ive never been to one but if i was rda i wouldnt go either because in a weird way i would think too much of my self.......ohh well must be schoollll..........i still like rda and have watched some eps of macgyber or whatever just because i like stargate characters..............................excuse my spelling.........

Comment

rda doesnt like doing cons. it's his choice. he'd rather spend time with his daughter and i respect that 10000%.
                          jobs are temporary, family is forever

as to not respecting the other cast members...everything i've heard suggests that he's beyond supportive of them, allowing them to grow and gain experience while 'under his name' as it is.

you have to remember, from his pov, he's been in this business for thirty years. that's about when folks start to retire if they're in your normal monday-friday 9-6 job.

he's spent his life making his career, now he's spending more of it enjoying the life his career (and money) has made possible
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've changed the thread's title. Speculating about actors' professional decisions is okay (within reason) but speculating about their private thoughts is off-limits.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              he's spent his life making his career, now he's spending more of it enjoying the life his career (and money) has made possible
                              Why else work for a living? At some point you have to set priorities. I'd definitely go to a con he was at, but it's his choice. The other actors have been in the business less time and are doing self-promotion. More power to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X