X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Beckett or Michael Create A Wraith Teyla

Question:

Could Dr. Beckett or Michael create a Wraith version of Teyla? Could either scientist extract that small percentage of her DNA and clone another version of the Athosian? Only, instead of her being human, she'd be a Wraith.

She'd grow in a fluid, inside a dark room closed off to all SGA members except Lt. Carter and Beckett...and be used to figure out how to disable Wraith queens.

Or in Michael's case, the clone would grow in a dark, dank cave-like labortory where she'd age, upon birth, at a rapid pace...giving us an idea on how Wraith's grow up.

Anyway, it's just an idea.

If she was Wraith instead of Human, she wouldn't be a clone

Comment

Um . . . why?
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Because last time I checked, Teyla's not a Wraith.

Comment

Fine. But given the mental anguish the characters went through when they created the retrovirus, there's no way they'd do that.
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            If she was Wraith instead of Human, she wouldn't be a clone
            Of course she would!

A cloned human embryo mimicing Teyla's DNA would be Teyla's clone. From that point on, the baby would be an exact genetic replica of the mother.

Though, if genetic engineering was applied, manipulating it's DNA to hold 86% of a Wraith's DNA (instead of the 23% Teyla now possesses), would make it an entirely different humanoid. I think!

As for why would anyone want to do that, I can think of many reasons...but the strongest one I've come with is, why not?

Why can't Teyla's genetic information be used for military purposes? Why can't it be used for revenge? Why can't it be used to create an unintentional mate with all of Teyla's genetic memory? Why not go there?

Comment

Working...
            X