Shoot me down if you wish... but please... don't! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot me down if you wish... but please... don't! :D

So I just need to know if this a decent idea...
    A new Earth ship, the Phoebus, heads to Atlantis to deliver important devices, when they discover the Wraith experimenting with technologies not only beyond their understanding, but the Ancients' as well. When they attempt to stop them in fear of the results, the ship gets caught in a horrible crossfire that sends them to another galaxy. Badly damaged, the ship crash-lands on a battle-scarred city ship that has been abandoned for thousands of years.
    In a desperate attempt to get home, the surviving members of the crew hope to find a solution out somewhere out in the Pices Galaxy, but make a bittersweet discovery... the Ancients are still alive. Yet when the first team locates a group of them, they are met with brutal force. The idea that these rouge Ancients, are really Replicators, falls through when they then discover two Ancients in stasis, the last survivors of the city that the Phoebus crashed into, Ithis.
    In their right mind, they explain that when the Ancients left the Milky Way, they went to Pegasus, and Pices, in order to make sure that their numbers could remain intact due to any unforseeable circumstances that could come up. Pices lived in prosperity until, without warning, many of the Pices Ancients contracted some sort of "paranoia," believing that everyone was their enemy, except for their own kind. They proceeded to wipe out the humans seeded throughout the galaxy, when they also discovered that one city was immune to the paranoia effects... it was Ithis.
    Thinking that the Ithians were also their enemy, the Ancients wiped them out as they did everyone else, but only after 1/4 of Ithis' population spread out into hidden stasis chambers throughout the galaxy. It was the Phoebus' luck to happen upon one of these chambers and uncover the truth about these rogue Ancients. But now the crew faces ultimate doom at the hands of their unexpected enemy, when their location is revealed, and the Ancients decide to "free themselves" of the last of their enemies.
    Yet unknown to the crew, it wasn't coincidence that they landed in the Pices Galaxy, and that there is also an unseen enemy, pulling the strings behind the fate... of the last Ancients.

I am so sorry if there are any grammar or spelling errors... I typed this up very quickly, and I'm a little feverish right now. I also felt that I might have been repetitive, but please, critique the idea!
    Last edited by PhantomGasoline; 28 November 2007, 04:55 PM.

Me like, mostly. I really do think it is a good idea. However, virtual series, short fanfic, long almost novel length fanfic, a series of short or long fanfics, or a virtual movie?

Comment

I would love to make it into a virtual series!
      I have episode titles and short summaries (always subject to change) for about six seasons...

Sadly I lack the resources, and the time.
      But I am definately going to try!

And something else that's difficult is to make it STAND OUT!

And thank you by the way.

Comment

mobie, definatly make it a movie. reminds me of I am legend for some reson. maube have these paranoid ancheints with rever traits, i don't think any one has ever done an horon SG fic. call me if u need spacs for anything.
        then have a serie off the movie. mauybe like razor, have a movie to kick off the series.

Comment

If I could make this a reality, I would actually consider using a movie to wrap up the series... because there are some arcs I have in mind, that sort of move away from the whole basis of the series. But I don't know... that's somthing very far off.

And not to go off topic too much, but what is, "I am Legend?"
          Last edited by PhantomGasoline; 29 November 2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomGasoline View Post
            If I could make this a reality, I would actually consider using a movie to wrap up the series... because there are some arcs I have in mind, that sort of move away from the whole basis of the series. But I don't know... that's somthing very far off.

And not to go off topic too much, but what is, "I am Legend?"
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2fWJ...eature=related
            I am legend

yes it is a move from th etraditional stargate theme, but everyting has been done in other web series, just throwing something original out there.

Got me thinking here, what do you guys think of a post apocalyptic stargate. ship gets blasted into the future where humanity is extinct, and the galaxy lives in fear of some desease that turns infectees into vampiric creatures.

this reminds me of a cheap sci fi movie i saw: Bloodsuckes. this is one of my favorite quotes: OnEarth they ruled the night... In space, they reign supreme.

stupid i know, but what can i do?

Comment

Right now, I just need positive feedback for my idea... so if you're just tuning in, look to the top!

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomGasoline View Post
                Right now, I just need positive feedback for my idea... so if you're just tuning in, look to the top!
                well, it's got my official seal of aproval.

Comment

Ty ty.

Comment

fantasic idea
                    but why abandon all our current actors and settings for a new ship and galaxy
                    why not use a quantum mirror or a rouge gruop of travellers that left the galaxy and later returned all supped up

ive been toying with ideas too and ive got one for you
                    i started a story for the sgc video comm online a while back and im waiting for a reply from a friend but it might fit in with your story as well
                    but its got fifth in it
                    its such an open start that anyone could use it anywhere
                    write me if you want to see it
                    Last edited by avidffan; 01 December 2007, 02:57 PM. Reason: thought
                    Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd love to make it a new Stargate series like Stargate Horizon or Stargate Destiny.
                      New faces, places, and ideas.
                      I know MANY people are doing it... which is why people are sick of different series popping up... but why not try?

It really has nothing to do with Earth, which is why I'm not using SG-1 or Atlantis actors. Which also means I'm not using any of the settings... except for the first episode where the new ship is en route to Atlantis.

And like Stargate Universe, I'm trying to make it a third leg. Although there are still traces of the original Stargate in it... overall, it's completley independent. This way, I could have my series within any part of the official Stargate timeline.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the inclusion of Fifth. You may have misunderstood my use of the replicators. There are NO replicators, they just thought that these paranoid Ancients might be the Pegasus Asurans, but they were proved wrong.

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you in any way... all I know is that we're on different wavelengths... and... once again, I'm sorry. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just not comprehending what you're saying.

I'd still love to hear your idea though!

Comment

ok now i understand
                        you want it to be a stand alone storyline
                        ok cool
                        once you read it youll undersatand
                        and if you dont then ill explain in greater detail

heres the openning :

here we go

AAAAEEEEIIIIIIYYYYYYEEEEEE
                        my eyes
                        wake up were free
                        he shakes his friend out of sleep
                        how long has it been
                        how many days years millennia have passed
                        waiting for our chance at freedom
                        how long have we been asleep
                        I dont know
                        but we must find out if we won the war and where we are
                        or if weve only been awakened for death
                        i know i know but i must know how long first

jatis sits down and scrambling for the controls he activates the veiwscreen
                        a huge map appears lighting up the entire complex
                        he beats at the controls how long how long the screen grows ever brighter
                        UNIVERSAL SCANNER ONLINE ACQUIREING TARGETS
                        taden walks over and stops dead in his tracks as he sees the full extent of their imprisonment
                        thousands and thousands of lights flash an ominous message

OUTPOST ABANDONED
                        OUTPOST OFFLINE
                        OUTPOST DESTORYED
                        NO CONTACT
                        NO SIGNAL
                        NO RESPONSE
                        EMERGENCY EVACUATION BEGUN
                        STATUS UNKNOWN
                        STATUS UNKNOWN

Over and over and over it flashes

he falls to his knees pulling the chair over with him
                        tears fill up both their eyes
                        taden and jatis begin to scream with blinding rage and unending aguish
                        all of it was a waste
                        weve lost it all
                        everyone is dead
                        everything gone
                        they both collapse on the floor
                        the revival process and the pain of their new life is too much for them

several hours later taden awakes and revives jatis
                        were all alone now but have we won the war or has time passed us all by
                        check the chronograph for our place in time and the map for our location in the universe
                        wait what is this
                        taden runs his hands through a pile of silvery metallic dust on the floor
                        forget that who is that in one of our pods
                        move the pod into the air lock and stand by the controls ill set the automatic revival process
                        slowly the stranger emerges from the stasis pod and walks over to the control panel
                        but instead of placing his hand on the panel he just puts his hand through the wall and melts into it then melts out the other side
                        i am fifth

story ends here :

see what i mean its pretty wide open it could go in any direction you want
                        it fits your story as well in that youve two people waking up from a long stasis sleep that they entered to avoid a war

get back to me if you want any help with ideas
                        im kinda brimming over with them
                        Last edited by avidffan; 01 December 2007, 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by avidfan View Post
                          ok now i understand
                          you want it to be a stand alone storyline
                          Yes, I'm sorry I didn't make that clear sooner! My bad.

And brilliant, brilliant, brilliant story!
                          I thought it was great.
                          Not great for the storyline I'm aiming for, but you should do something with it.
                          Keep me posted.
                          Last edited by PhantomGasoline; 01 December 2007, 03:34 PM.

Comment

fraking awsome dudes, really comfusing, but still ausome.

my feed back on stargate virtual series:
                            PLEASE STOP!
                            there are too many unoriginal ones out there. wve seen finding the anchients, weve seen time travel, weve seen a lot of repetitive stuff. i say we let extint species RIP. they deserve that at least. what seems to have never been done is an SG series with hard core realistic physics, and i've never seen a series that really sends chils down my spine since, well, ever.
                            IMO: look to firefly for guidance. I am a rock on the wind, Watch how i drop!

Comment

ok here you go
                              a possible opening to your movie using my story as a start
                              im a very visual kind of person so writting what im seeing in my head is somtines hard and harder to read so sorry but read on and keep up ill go through the first couple minutes for you or us if you want to work together

AAAAEEEEIIIIIIYYYYYYEEEEEE
                              my eyes
                              wake up were free
                              he shakes his friend out of sleep
                              how long has it been
                              how many days years millennia have passed
                              waiting for our chance at freedom
                              how long have we been asleep
                              I dont know
                              but we must find out if we won the war and where we are
                              or if weve only been awakened for death
                              i know i know but i must know how long first

jatis sits down and scrambling for the controls he activates the veiwscreen
                              a huge map appears lighting up the entire complex
                              he beats at the controls how long how long the screen grows ever brighter
                              UNIVERSAL SCANNER ONLINE ACQUIREING TARGETS
                              taden walks over and stops dead in his tracks as he sees the full extent of their imprisonment
                              thousands and thousands of lights flash an ominous message

OUTPOST ABANDONED
                              OUTPOST OFFLINE
                              OUTPOST DESTORYED
                              NO CONTACT
                              NO SIGNAL
                              NO RESPONSE
                              EMERGENCY EVACUATION BEGUN
                              STATUS UNKNOWN
                              STATUS UNKNOWN

Over and over and over it flashes

he falls to his knees pulling the chair over with him
                              tears fill up both their eyes
                              taden and jatis begin to scream with blinding rage and unending aguish
                              all of it was a waste
                              weve lost it all
                              everyone is dead
                              everything gone
                              they both collapse on the floor
                              the revival process and the pain of their new life is too much for them

several hours later taden awakes and revives jatis
                              were all alone now but have we won the war or has time passed us all by
                              check the chronograph for our place in time and the map for our location in the universe

wait what is this
                              all the screens start to flash something different
                              as they walk over to check a loud noise comes from somewhere deep in the complex but they cant pin it down
                              as they reach the scanner it reads in brilliant bright letters
                              SHIP DOCKED
                              HUMAN LIFEORMS
                              ASGUARD SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY FOUND
                              SHIP DOCKED
                              ASGUARD SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY FOUND
                              HUMAN LIFEORMS CLOSE PROXIMITY

that would be us
                              suddenly the screen is longer important as the two of them are slowly surrounded by the crew of the Phoebus
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X