Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most realistic Stargate race?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the most realistic Stargate race?

I think the most realistic Stargate race would be the Asgard. Well after the humans. I mean come on people. Goauld are parasites that make the hosts eyes glow. Wraith feed of off human life and make you age more. Ancients are all ascended beings or whatever. Not too realistic to me.
    The Asgard have been spotted on Earth. Most people who claim to have seen UFOs or been abducted describe Asgard. Plus if you compare them to all other races I mentioned they seem the most normal.

Sorry about my spelling of the different races, I'm sure it isn't very good.

I wouldn't say the asgard. The likelihood of any human-like form evolving somewhere else would be astronomical (no pun intended). If you are asking about sapient aliens, I'd say the Goauld. They are "alien" enough to have evolved on another planet and if you look at what some of the parasites on earth are capable of, I really don't think it's too much of a stretch for what they can do. I don't think that they would be capable of taking over alien lifeforms though.
    sigpic

Comment

Possibly the Asgard, but don't forget about the Nox. There are actually similar to human form. Human eveolution would just have to prolong our lifespans and we'd have to get really good at medical science. And we have no way of knowing how similar the Furlings are to us, so there's just not enough information there.
      Last edited by starshineRoxie; 26 November 2007, 04:48 PM.
      StarshineRoxie
      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        I wouldn't say the asgard. The likelihood of any human-like form evolving somewhere else would be astronomical (no pun intended). If you are asking about sapient aliens, I'd say the Goauld. They are "alien" enough to have evolved on another planet and if you look at what some of the parasites on earth are capable of, I really don't think it's too much of a stretch for what they can do. I don't think that they would be capable of taking over alien lifeforms though.
        I agree, the Goa'uld own that catagory. But if you're looking for most realistic aliens (here meaning "humans on another world"), I'd say the Tollan. Xenophobic for the most part and very defensive; sounds like a future human colony.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

humans

Comment

I'd say the Asgard are probably one of the most unrealistic alien races on Stargate, the chances a race would evolve to look so much like humans are slim to none. I think one of the more realistic ones would be more obscure, like the Re'tu.
            Last edited by jenks; 26 November 2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

the Geni
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The Ancients I would say because as a famous Scientist had a theory that when humans evolve they would turn into pure energy. Plus they are based on humans which is a big plus in my book
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I'd say the Goa'uld, a powerful parasidical alien life form...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                    humans
                    Ditto.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Bola Kai
                      it makes since that if stargates did exist, people, even without scientific knowledge, could use the stargates, and that some would use them like vikings did their longboats. to raid and pillage and i guess enslave defenseless villages

Comment

Since there is a shortage of non sentient animal type alien lifeforms on stargate to my recollection, which actually don't resemble anything on Earth I would have to vote for the "Grace" aliens.

Any encounter with an alien race is far more likely to go like the encounter with them as opposed to "hi I'm an alien and I speak the queens English".

The grace aliens had a motive and behaviour than the humans who encountered them couldn't fully grasp or understand. Communication with them also only vaguely possible by means of an unfamiliar and unusual (to us) method. This is likely to be the case with intelligent alien life. They're not going to look like people with bumps on their heads, they might think and experience the universe in radically different ways, and meaningful communication with them will most likely be a challenge at best.

It's also unfortunately quite possible that some unintentional action or inaction on their's or our part could lead to a situation of misunderstanding escalating to potential violence like what happened in Grace.

Comment

I would have to say the Unas.

Slightly humaniod, but not mammals.
                          WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
                          Spoiler:
                          If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
                          - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I think that it would be the ancients. Not the transforming into energy bit, that's a bit fansiful, but them "seeding life" on this planet. I think that it is a great twist to the "where do we come from" theories of the ages. And don't you think we're being a bit up our selves thinking that we're the first of this form.

If not the ancients then Grace, the nebula in Grace. A living being that existis in a completly different form than ours.
                            Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by ebethman
                            Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                            Originally posted by Bray
                            *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
                              I think the most realistic Stargate race would be the Asgard. Well after the humans.
                              Sorry, but the humans ceased being a realistic race after the Goa'uld attacked Earth repeatedly, with no one noticing safe Mr. Sheffield.

A realistic race would be the Unas. They have their own culture and own language, at least.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X