Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was okay, nothing great. I'm not even sure if I'd rewatch it. The pacing was far slower than I expected and I was hoping for more about Cain than what we got. The Kendra storyline was reminiscent of Kat's troubles and sacrifice, so nothing really new there.

The high point for me was the very end when the bath dude gave his prophecy about Starbuck. That whetted my appetite for s4.

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
    Next season Battlestar should have a plot about psychic whales and possibly giant mutant bugs, as they are clearly quality entertainment.
    Next season the cylons will develop exploding tumor warfare.

Comment

The most boring film I have seen in a long time, given its setting.

In fact I could cut about thirty minutes of utter crap out of the movie, forget extended version about a shorten version.

The battle scenes was far far far to short, to choppy, in cohernent.
      but some of the cgi shots were utterly terrible.

The series cylon just looked terrible, I mean they should of just stuck with men in suits, would off looked better and saved money longer battle scenes.

The entire story was disjointed beyond all believe especially for a one of single film, which I would of though would design to attract more view, this will just confuse people and turn them away from the franchise.

No single single focus what so ever.

No reason why cain turn evil, she just went down that path for no reason, one defining reason what so ever, nothing which bought to me I would of done that if I was in her shoes, in fact seem her entire personality just, probably moore could not come with a reason decide to ignore it.

Especially as she seem extremely tolerate when we first saw her, joking and jolly, and very lenient on her officers, then she all suddenly decides killing people is how you should command the episode.

Long boring dialog which nothing of interest, then their long linger shots, again revealing nothing of interest.

In fact apart from the destruction of the shipyard, it was far far to short.

Also this advance virus, was so easy to spot that a lonely lieutenant could spot it seem silly to me.

The only enjoyable bit was the space battles, far to few, and the big reveal, starbuck was lead humans to their destruction, was good for them to finally have that on screen.

I mean people only been saying she a Cylon since season 1.

Totally disappointed given the hype. 5/10

SG movies will show how it meant to be done.
      Last edited by knowles2; 28 November 2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

My Gods! BG and BG: Razor take an awful beating by critics and viewers. My question is, if it's so mediocre, what other show is better? As far as I'm concerned, Razor excelled in most departments: great effects, battles, good acting/casting, well-written script. Granted, there will always be nay-sayers, and you can't please everyone, but compared to everything else I've seen on tv I think BG is exceptional.

Comment

i completely agree. welcome to the forums.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            This was so boring that I actually fell asleep. BSG is and has always been a cure for insomonia
            As usual, jelgate serves up hot, steamy bowls of truth.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't understand why Pegasus didn't just kick the <snip> out of the old 'Guardian' basestar once the civvies had been extracted. We already know that the beast is more than up to the task with the newest cylon basestars.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 01 December 2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sachlichkeit View Post
                I don't understand why Pegasus didn't just kick the <snip> out of the old 'Guardian' basestar once the civvies had been extracted. We already know that the beast is more than up to the task with the newest cylon basestars.
                Bad, bad script writers. Obviously the pegasus could have blown the ol' basestar outta the water, but then they couldn't have had that horrendously bad cliche`d sequence with the nuke, the failed detonator, and all the 'you go, I'll stay to blow the place up' BS.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 01 December 2007, 06:36 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg8man View Post
                  Bad, bad script writers. Obviously the pegasus could have blown the ol' basestar outta the water, but then they couldn't have had that horrendously bad cliche`d sequence with the nuke, the failed detonator, and all the 'you go, I'll stay to blow the place up' BS.
                  why is that bs? Sure it's cliche but regardless. The bomb was damaged and they needed someone to stay behind so it was the injured kendra. I thought the way she exited was very well written.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    why is that bs? Sure it's cliche but regardless. The bomb was damaged and they needed someone to stay behind so it was the injured kendra. I thought the way she exited was very well written.
                    I have no problem with cliche`, and that sequence was well done, I thought.
                    However, my point was that the whole nuke and kendra staying behind business was very, very, obviously artificial and staged (= lazy/bad scriptwriters?) since the Pegasus could clearly have just blown the crap outta that basestar.
                    sigpic

Comment

ah right i see your point. However i guess it all depends on how powerful and how many old cylon raiders there were. Plus as we saw those guardians have no problem doing suicie runs at peggy. i'm sure that a direct assault would have still caused the ship some major damage. and keep in mind it isn't about let's just attack them and if we get damaged we'll just patch it up like in star trek. i guess they just couldn't take the risk that peggy would take a major beating before they got a chance to destroy the ship. esspecally when they had no idea what its capabilities were.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        ah right i see your point. However i guess it all depends on how powerful and how many old cylon raiders there were. Plus as we saw those guardians have no problem doing suicie runs at peggy. i'm sure that a direct assault would have still caused the ship some major damage. and keep in mind it isn't about let's just attack them and if we get damaged we'll just patch it up like in star trek. i guess they just couldn't take the risk that peggy would take a major beating before they got a chance to destroy the ship. esspecally when they had no idea what its capabilities were.
                        well given that they hit galactica with nukes, and internal bombs and god know what else, and it seem to be in working order. And got a full mining ship on board with probably facilities to refine, damage was their least of their worries.

I bet moore and co add know choice to make cliche ending to keep it within the budget scifi set them which probably was not that big in the first place. given some of the other poor cgi shots.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          well given that they hit galactica with nukes, and internal bombs and god know what else, and it seem to be in working order. And got a full mining ship on board with probably facilities to refine, damage was their least of their worries.

I bet moore and co add know choice to make cliche ending to keep it within the budget scifi set them which probably was not that big in the first place. given some of the other poor cgi shots.
                          i thought the cg was up to their usual standard really. I think what may have brought it down is that they were trying to give the old style cylons that chrome look from the original which doesn't really work well in cg. but i still thought that everything else looked amazing.

Comment

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hi..._ratings_a.php

Last Saturday’s much-anticipated “Battlestar Galactica” two-hour movie “Razor” had an unspectacular debut. The stand-alone entry in Sci Fi Channel’s Peabody-winning series garnered a 0.8 rating among adults 18 to 49 and was seen by 1.7 million viewers.

That’s almost exactly what the entire third “Battlestar” season averaged, but well below its season premiere last fall.

For those who missed the airing, the “Razor” DVD will be released Dec. 4.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie!

Had to drive many miles, stayed in a hotel-and yes would have been nicer and cheaper ( ) if they'd had a viewing in Portland. But other than that was great!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                The stand-alone entry in Sci Fi Channel’s Peabody-winning series
                                My arse. What a cop out, they just used it to shore up their plotlines and set new stuff up for S4.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X