This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Can't really argue with any particular point there. except the last one. keep in mind that gina wasn't under her chain of command. she was only there to do the refit or whatever it was on pegasus.
    I also think her relationship with Gina was the only human thing left in her. It shows that she was still capable of love.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123 View Post
      I also think her relationship with Gina was the only human thing left in her. It shows that she was still capable of love.
      I absolutely agree- showing that she was capable of love was the last/only good part of her, and she destroyed it when she had Gina tortured; that was really the point where there was absolutely no chance whatsoever of redemption for Cain.

I found it interesting at the end, where Adama spoke of how he might have done the same things that Cain did if he hadn't had the president and civilian government keeping in line. I liked that scene, because I don't think Adama could have done the things that Cain did- he would never have shot his XO, which was for Cain where things began to spiral. But he was trying to put her actions into perspective for himself, maintaining a little dignity for what was a disastrous command, but was still a command that survived. I find it interesting that he had to make that point to himself, as he doesn't like the thought of discrediting the only other Battlestar that survived. It makes me wonder how much information the fleet has on the Pegasus and what happened aboard, and whether they should or need to know- most of those officers involved are dead, the ship is destroyed, so should this one be let to rest, or held up as an example. Normally my reaction would be that YES the civilians should know! Learn from history and all that, but.....as always in BSG, it's not so clear cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain View Post
        Honestly I think its supposed to be pretty obvious that the Centurion we see in the miniseries museum is supposed to be the same type we see in Razor. They probably didn't forsee that type's return to action at the time they were making the mini so they didn't put much thougt into its appearance other than a cool cameo. It, like the one in Galactic, are both seen in Cylon War museums, and as the Razor Flashbacks show, the Centurions that fought in the Cylon war are the exact same as the ones we saw in Razor.
        Think it's safe to say that, like human type Cylons, there were many models. Of course, in Larson's original vision, the Cylon robots were built by an extinct race of reptilian humanoids who were also called Cylons. And in the paperback novelizations of the OS the Cylons weren't even robots, but lizard guys in shiny armor.
        "Never trust a smiling robot."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          I absolutely agree- showing that she was capable of love was the last/only good part of her, and she destroyed it when she had Gina tortured; that was really the point where there was absolutely no chance whatsoever of redemption for Cain.
          Yes, Gina's betrayal was the last nail in the coffin. Any chance she had of turning back from her downward spiral was lost at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123 View Post
            Yes, Gina's betrayal was the last nail in the coffin. Any chance she had of turning back from her downward spiral was lost at that point.
            she probably also felt even more of a reason to get revenge on the cylons in general merely for them manipulating her.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I get the distinct feeling that to get the the actual story one will have to buy the uncut DVD as when Gallactica found Peagaus there were quite a few horror stories being told and I can only imagine that they had to cut out quite a bit of it for both content and time constraints.

Just incase:
              Spoiler:
              That said, the TV airing honestly felt like a 2 hour lead up to proclaim that Starbuck isnt dead and that shes likely the final cylon (as seen in the commercial clip her laying on the floor of Athena's old cell screaming).

Oh, AND WHAT THE #$%^ IS THIS?! MARCH?!?! Honestly, if I had to choose between Razor and the new BSG season starting up now id choose the new season.

Comment

Yes great but what the hell, now we know the end of the BSG series... I still think that a earth arrival on a let's say 2010 earth would have been fantastic or during the roman empire (no it's not sci-fi meets Rome, even though seeing finally caprica six naked could be a great epilogue... just kidding)...

PS the end of bsg, the fall into a warmhole where they think they've found earth at the exit but instead they are back on Caprica thousands of years before and it will happen again and again and again (the time continuum startrek like)...

Seriously guys just imagine if suddently we would see a battleship in the sky...

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here but I didn't think Razor was that great.

I think the story of Pegusus was strong enough without all the Lee in charge stuff mixed in. I would have rather had more time with Pegusus than trying to shoehorn Kendra into those events.

The old school cylons could have been Pegasus' big adventure, with no need for the Adamas to be involved. Kendra was a waste of time, I guessed her fate right off the bat, considering we've seen nothing of her in S3.

Cain was fascinating, I would have loved more on her. Her relationship with Gina for instance could have been played out better.

The Guardians were pretty cool, the old man hybrid was cool to see, but not enough screen time..

Some of the SFX shots were absolutely terrible, some even worse than that. Maybe there were some budget issues or something.

Overall there was very little new, very little added to the story. It was so messy, jumping around all over the place, so that it ended up with no real direction or focus, the ending was too rushed and too predictable.

Greatly looking forward to new Galactica, I just wish it was here now rather that Razor.
                  I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Some of the SFX shots were absolutely terrible, some even worse than that. Maybe there were some budget issues or something.
                    Examples?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by defborg View Post
                      Seriously guys just imagine if suddently we would see a battleship in the sky...
                      Nukes would be flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        Examples?
                        The interior shot of the old school cylon fighter. Some of the battle moments, a few of the explosions in particular looked really crappy to me. The shot with the old cylon on the deck with everyone standing in front of it.

I usually think the sfx in Galactica are great, especially for a tv budget, but I think this time there were some very poor pieces of CGI.
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                          The interior shot of the old school cylon fighter. Some of the battle moments, a few of the explosions in particular looked really crappy to me. The shot with the old cylon on the deck with everyone standing in front of it.

I usually think the sfx in Galactica are great, especially for a tv budget, but I think this time there were some very poor pieces of CGI.
                          I believe the interior shot was intended to look like the TOS interior cockpit shots. In fact, at first I thought they were old footage reused, but then when I saw it again, I could tell it was modern. Having worked with CG for most of my working life, I can tell you that that look was *intentional*. It actually takes a lot of work to make a smudged "stock footage" look in a CG shot, usually involving lots of post-process filtering and fancy pixel shaders.

Go rent the original series and take a look at the cylon-cockpit interior shots. You'll be surprised at how close the Razor version matches. Given the huge difference in technology to make those shots, it's actually very impressive to me that they matched it so well.

The shot with the cyclon on the deck might have been "real". I'd have to look at it again to be sure (preferrably in HD), but I think that was physically built. If it was, then I'd say it's very bad CG 'cause it ain't CG

OTOH, I can't speak for the explosions. I've noticed that Zoic tends to do non-damped explosions (explosions in atmospheres tend to "slow down", and a lot of Zoic's BSG explosions don't, as if they're modelling a lack of atmosphere, which makes them look "off" to us atmosphere-dwellers). Nothing I saw really seemed out of place, but then again, I wasn't looking for CG flaws.

Comment

Cylon on the deck was cg, and not to say it was bad but rather it was farrrrr too noticeable between the forground shot with the actors, they didn't spend enough time blending the shots, I think what it came down to was they were lit differently and it really marked it big.

Comment

Originally posted by hoof View Post
                              I believe the interior shot was intended to look like the TOS interior cockpit shots. In fact, at first I thought they were old footage reused, but then when I saw it again, I could tell it was modern. Having worked with CG for most of my working life, I can tell you that that look was *intentional*. It actually takes a lot of work to make a smudged "stock footage" look in a CG shot, usually involving lots of post-process filtering and fancy pixel shaders.

Go rent the original series and take a look at the cylon-cockpit interior shots. You'll be surprised at how close the Razor version matches. Given the huge difference in technology to make those shots, it's actually very impressive to me that they matched it so well.

The shot with the cyclon on the deck might have been "real". I'd have to look at it again to be sure (preferrably in HD), but I think that was physically built. If it was, then I'd say it's very bad CG 'cause it ain't CG

OTOH, I can't speak for the explosions. I've noticed that Zoic tends to do non-damped explosions (explosions in atmospheres tend to "slow down", and a lot of Zoic's BSG explosions don't, as if they're modelling a lack of atmosphere, which makes them look "off" to us atmosphere-dwellers). Nothing I saw really seemed out of place, but then again, I wasn't looking for CG flaws.
                              Actually the CGI looked better than the original.....and that was a real set in 1978!
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                                Cylon on the deck was cg, and not to say it was bad but rather it was farrrrr too noticeable between the forground shot with the actors, they didn't spend enough time blending the shots, I think what it came down to was they were lit differently and it really marked it big.
                                Sorry couldn't take my eyes off Kendra Shaw and I missed all those crappy CGI shots. She was an AWESOME diversion. I'll Pour out a little Ambrosia for baby girl. I miss her already!
                                "And you ask why?"

Comment

Working...
                                X