This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesomenesssss

I loved the Kendra Shaw character, she was so tough and did exactly as she was told no matter what it was, a true razor. I'm also glad they didn't make the Gina/Cain relationship such a big deal either, I've never really liked romances of any type in any kind of show so I'm glad that took a back seat. As for the thing with Starbuck, well I think some people already decoded that line a while back so I knew what the hybrid was gonna say. But I bet it did surprise quite a few people.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

i loved it....Admiral Cain and Kendra Shaw were excellent. I of course wished Cain thought about a better solution to the 15 ships, (i can arm chair quarter-back some other solutions but it is not my place) Michelle Forbes and Stephanie Jacobsen are great in their roles and wish they would do more flashbacks with them. I think these two actresses have a great future ahead of them. Razor will be featured in episode 18 of the itunes podcast: Heroes of Science Fiction and Fantasy...this is the current episode 16 contents: Star Trek: The Original Series: The Menagerie (William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Jeffrey Hunter), Transformers (Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Hugo Weaving), The Iron Giant (Jennifer Aniston, Harry Connick, Jr., Vin Diesel), Comic Book Section: Civil War Marvel Comics, Book Review: Armor by John Steakley, Others Section: Shawshank Redemption (Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman) Hero Spotlight on Peregrin Took (Pippin), news: Ridley Scott Stones, Elysium, Body of Lies, Nottingham, and Harry Potter news, Billy Boyd newsletter, voicemail 1-206-333-1297 for a quick link to itunes or just to listen at your computer http://www.heroesofsciencefictionandfantasy.com
      Last edited by doc; 25 November 2007, 06:44 PM.

Comment

One thing I hated was Sci-fi's commerical telling us that if we just missed it, Gina and Cain were lovers!!!! Like its that big of a deal, I guess maybe if it was the 80's or something but damn those little commericals annoyed the hell out of me.

Comment

Heh yeah, those damn Quiznos ads. Annoyed the crap out of me too.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I would like to say that this just confirms that ADM CAIN was the worst example of leadership that I have ever seen both from a military perspective and simply as a human being. There are several reasons why this is the case.

1. The job of the military is always to protect civilians. They are not tools to use and abandon at one persons whim.
            2. It is an unlawful order to excute non-military people.
            3. The job of the officers such as the XO is to provide service, but also to give advice. CAIN violated every law of leadership by asking advice and then shooting the XO for violating an order that was lunacy.
            4. Leading by fear of execution
            5. Failing the Military Code of Honor and Morals by having an inappropriate relationship with a woman in her chain of command. In the military even today Adultery, or fraternization is punishable by confinement in prison.
            "BRINGING GRACE TO A LOST WORLD"

Comment

I think it's important to remember with cain is that she i probably younger than adama which means she may have actually never seen real war.

Also I think she was terrified of losing control probably made one bad decision, like shooting her exo, and tried to justify it by making more decisions like it.

her actions were wrong and inexcusable but like adama said, if it wasnt for the presdient stressing humans need to breed he may have made similar ones.

Adama is just a way better leader but cains actions are not that unheard of in war.

Comment

I also think she was a metaphor for what the leadership in america is viewed as doing. I disagree but it's a good way to show jsut how effective adama is.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
                  I would like to say that this just confirms that ADM CAIN was the worst example of leadership that I have ever seen both from a military perspective and simply as a human being. There are several reasons why this is the case.

1. The job of the military is always to protect civilians. They are not tools to use and abandon at one persons whim.
                  3. The job of the officers such as the XO is to provide service, but also to give advice. CAIN violated every law of leadership by asking advice and then shooting the XO for violating an order that was lunacy.
                  5. Failing the Military Code of Honor and Morals by having an inappropriate relationship with a woman in her chain of command. In the military even today Adultery, or fraternization is punishable by confinement in prison.
                  While I agree that Cain is a seriously flawed leader and was essentially a monster, not much different than Hitler, I don't know if I agree with your reasoning. Whatever military or civilian laws they had are pretty much out the window the day the human race was annihilated. Pegasus, as far as they knew, was the last ship of the entire military. They were humankind's last hope. They *are* the law, or at least they should be, if they have any hope of surviving. Also, many of your examples use 20th century American military laws and customs, which may or may not apply to the military on BSG. I mean Apollo is married to Dee, who was his XO! That's way worse than having a relationship with some girl in engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post

Can't really argue with any particular point there. except the last one. keep in mind that gina wasn't under her chain of command. she was only there to do the refit or whatever it was on pegasus.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      This was so boring that I actually fell asleep. BSG is and has always been a cure for insomonia
                      Explosions and amnesia and wormholes are cool. They are the only way my attention can stay on one thing for over five minutes without my brain completely disengaging.

Next season Battlestar should have a plot about psychic whales and possibly giant mutant bugs, as they are clearly quality entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                        Explosions and amnesia and wormholes are cool. They are the only way my attention can stay on one thing for over five minutes without my brain completely disengaging.

Next season Battlestar should have a plot about psychic whales and possibly giant mutant bugs, as they are clearly quality entertainment.
                        well that would royally suck.

Comment

Originally posted by CaldwellForce View Post

I agree. Showing that trash on this excellent show was completely f***king ridiculous.

Comment

I agree, Cain is one of the most disgusting people portrayed on screen. Immoral, perverted, degenerate! Her actions can NEVER be justified, no matter what excuses Adama made in the final scene. Shaw isn't much better.

As an Aussie, I found it downright cringeworthy listening to Shaw's accent throughout the film. It was genuine, but in the same way that a hick from the southern states of USA has a 'genuine' American accent. What's weirder is that they chose to portray her with an Asian actress. She looked fine, but just sounded wrong. I know they were trying to capture the multicultural nature of the 12 Colonies, but a character like Shaw would perhaps have been better off with a British accent, or perhaps with an Asian English accent.

Apart from that, 'Razor' was enjoyable, such a shame we miss out on solid performances from several characters. Visual effects were, obviously, spectacular. There is certainly a rushed feel about it all, but for a TV movie it satisfies muchly.

8/10
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                              I agree. Showing that trash on this excellent show was completely f***king ridiculous.
                              what was wrong with the old cylons? i thought they looked frakking awesome. *by your command*

Comment

Awesome for someone who's seen all episodes so far. However, it's not for the casual viewer who hasn't seen nearly every episode: far too confusing with the flashbacks/forwards with Lee/Cain.

It was really interesting to see Cain's descent to insanity and the hell of her own construction. Once again a brilliant choice of name!

I'm glad they downplayed the Gina/Cain romance, but I must admit it's rather boring to have them reinforce the stereotype that a woman can only be a tough military leader if she's also a lesbian.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X