Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: Razor

I don't understand why Pegasus didn't just kick the <snip> out of the old 'Guardian' basestar once the civvies had been extracted. We already know that the beast is more than up to the task with the newest cylon basestars.
    Last edited by Skydiver; December 1st, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachlichkeit View Post
    I don't understand why Pegasus didn't just kick the <snip> out of the old 'Guardian' basestar once the civvies had been extracted. We already know that the beast is more than up to the task with the newest cylon basestars.
    Bad, bad script writers. Obviously the pegasus could have blown the ol' basestar outta the water, but then they couldn't have had that horrendously bad cliche`d sequence with the nuke, the failed detonator, and all the 'you go, I'll stay to blow the place up' BS.
    Last edited by Skydiver; December 1st, 2007 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sg8man View Post
    Bad, bad script writers. Obviously the pegasus could have blown the ol' basestar outta the water, but then they couldn't have had that horrendously bad cliche`d sequence with the nuke, the failed detonator, and all the 'you go, I'll stay to blow the place up' BS.
    why is that bs? Sure it's cliche but regardless. The bomb was damaged and they needed someone to stay behind so it was the injured kendra. I thought the way she exited was very well written.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    why is that bs? Sure it's cliche but regardless. The bomb was damaged and they needed someone to stay behind so it was the injured kendra. I thought the way she exited was very well written.
    I have no problem with cliche`, and that sequence was well done, I thought.
    However, my point was that the whole nuke and kendra staying behind business was very, very, obviously artificial and staged (= lazy/bad scriptwriters?) since the Pegasus could clearly have just blown the crap outta that basestar.

ah right i see your point. However i guess it all depends on how powerful and how many old cylon raiders there were. Plus as we saw those guardians have no problem doing suicie runs at peggy. i'm sure that a direct assault would have still caused the ship some major damage. and keep in mind it isn't about let's just attack them and if we get damaged we'll just patch it up like in star trek. i guess they just couldn't take the risk that peggy would take a major beating before they got a chance to destroy the ship. esspecally when they had no idea what its capabilities were.

ah right i see your point. However i guess it all depends on how powerful and how many old cylon raiders there were. Plus as we saw those guardians have no problem doing suicie runs at peggy. i'm sure that a direct assault would have still caused the ship some major damage. and keep in mind it isn't about let's just attack them and if we get damaged we'll just patch it up like in star trek. i guess they just couldn't take the risk that peggy would take a major beating before they got a chance to destroy the ship. esspecally when they had no idea what its capabilities were.
    well given that they hit galactica with nukes, and internal bombs and god know what else, and it seem to be in working order. And got a full mining ship on board with probably facilities to refine, damage was their least of their worries.

I bet moore and co add know choice to make cliche ending to keep it within the budget scifi set them which probably was not that big in the first place. given some of the other poor cgi shots.

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    well given that they hit galactica with nukes, and internal bombs and god know what else, and it seem to be in working order. And got a full mining ship on board with probably facilities to refine, damage was their least of their worries.

I bet moore and co add know choice to make cliche ending to keep it within the budget scifi set them which probably was not that big in the first place. given some of the other poor cgi shots.
    i thought the cg was up to their usual standard really. I think what may have brought it down is that they were trying to give the old style cylons that chrome look from the original which doesn't really work well in cg. but i still thought that everything else looked amazing.

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hi..._ratings_a.php

Last Saturday’s much-anticipated “Battlestar Galactica” two-hour movie “Razor” had an unspectacular debut. The stand-alone entry in Sci Fi Channel’s Peabody-winning series garnered a 0.8 rating among adults 18 to 49 and was seen by 1.7 million viewers.

That’s almost exactly what the entire third “Battlestar” season averaged, but well below its season premiere last fall.

For those who missed the airing, the “Razor” DVD will be released Dec. 4.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie!

Had to drive many miles, stayed in a hotel-and yes would have been nicer and cheaper ( ) if they'd had a viewing in Portland. But other than that was great!

Quote Originally Posted by prion View Post
    The stand-alone entry in Sci Fi Channel’s Peabody-winning series
    My arse. What a cop out, they just used it to shore up their plotlines and set new stuff up for S4.

Wtf!!!!!

I have all bsg episodes on my ipod except the new ones I also have sg1 heroes

I think it was a nice episode! I loved to see the Old Cylons!
    (It would be cool to see a Cylon civil war : Old Centiruons VS New Cylons) Hay hay hay!

Anyway I liked what I saw! On the DVD it's supposed to be an extended version? How many minutes? 10-20-30???

Isn't it beautiful?
    All good things must come to an end...
    Canada Rule!!!

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

16 minutes as far as I know. I don't think there'll be anything truly new, just some of the Razor preview clips edited into the story. The short broadcast included only 2 (and a half) of those.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

it is about 20 and the extended scenes include:

Spoiler:
    cain as a little girl, and i think more to the main story. (if you remeber there's a bit where kendra tells starbuck she hears she likes being in hack. starbuck replies with 'you heard how i get there.' this wasn't in the broadcast version so i think it will be in this one. so there will be stuff to help flesh out the story.

Staff Sergeant

Did anyone notice that there was a key characteristic about Lee Adama that he was supposed to be about 300 pounds during the present scenes? I mean this movie Razor was supposed to be taking place between season 2 and 3. If he was not fat right after season 2 he sure was at the beginnning of season 3. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Balls View Post
    Did anyone notice that there was a key characteristic about Lee Adama that he was supposed to be about 300 pounds during the present scenes? I mean this movie Razor was supposed to be taking place between season 2 and 3. If he was not fat right after season 2 he sure was at the beginnning of season 3. What's up with that?
    it wasn't between seasons 2 and 3. it was during season 2. very soon after the events of the captains hand as it was his first real mission as commander. He only put the weight on while they were at new caprica.

Staff Sergeant

it wasn't between seasons 2 and 3. it was during season 2. very soon after the events of the captains hand as it was his first real mission as commander. He only put the weight on while they were at new caprica.
    Oh yeah, good point.

Probie

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: Razor (ADM CAIN)

Apollo123 said "While I agree that Cain is a seriously flawed leader and was essentially a monster, not much different than Hitler, I don't know if I agree with your reasoning. Whatever military or civilian laws they had are pretty much out the window the day the human race was annihilated. Pegasus, as far as they knew, was the last ship of the entire military. They were humankind's last hope. They *are* the law, or at least they should be, if they have any hope of surviving. Also, many of your examples use 20th century American military laws and customs, which may or may not apply to the military on BSG. I mean Apollo is married to Dee, who was his XO! That's way worse than having a relationship with some girl in engineering."

With a war that nearly wipes out the entire race leadership automatically would fall upon the militaries shoulders...simply cause the president was killed and they had to find another. War for sure puts us under different rules and during a war that is trying to eradicate your entire race, you wouldnt want anyone but the military in charge...now that doesnt mean they are perfect or wont make mistakes...but I would rather have a guy with a gun that has some character (Adama) leading than a politician with no ability to protect! Now one thing I do find interesting is CAIN is exactly what we dont want. A leader with a gun with no CHARACTER! That becomes a dictatorship!

Now to the second point Apollo is married to Dee.

First when confronted with the possbility of the entire human race being wiped out eventually the military model has to give way in order to pro-create. It is obvious that ADM Cain and 6 were going to reproduce! Now to the next. I am a civilian contractor much like 6 was portrayed to be. Inside the scope of my job there are certain things that are allowed and not allowed. For example my boss is a Col. We have professional standards even though I am not in the military. It is the same situation here. Even though 6 wasnt in the Fleet she was for lack of the BSG term a contractor and therefore subject to many of the same laws anyone else in the fleet would of been subject too.

Bottomline RAZOR showed us in many regards why CAIN was unfit to lead.
    "BRINGING GRACE TO A LOST WORLD"

Probie

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: Razor (ADM CAIN)

Can't really argue with any particular point there. except the last one. keep in mind that gina wasn't under her chain of command. she was only there to do the refit or whatever it was on pegasus.
    See reply to Apollo123's post. Gina was in her chain of command but as a independent contractor, which are still held to the same standard as the military.
    "BRINGING GRACE TO A LOST WORLD"