Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: Razor

True true, speculation is all we can do without it covered on screen. However, As you said, they were manufacturing capships and fighters, I imagine they started manufacturing purpose built ground troops too.. Enter the centurions. We still have no idea what the original rebellious model of cylon looked like.

That's a pretty reasonable assumption I have to admit, but with the old Centurion 'cameo' in the miniseries and their reappearance in Razor I think we're intended to believe that that's the original Cylon model. Maybe we'll see more if Caprica ever comes to be.

It also seems a bit that the old Cylons may not have been the most efficient critters anyway. I can't think of any rational reason why a fighter would need to be manned by three Centurions, if we're to ignore the fact that it's in actuality just a throwback to the original BSG.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; November 24th, 2007 at 10:03 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by giblet_solution View Post
    I think there may be some confusion over the original cylons as portrayed in the original series, and the original cylons as portrayed in this episode and these "flashbacks" (which I admit i did not see). I'm pretty sure that i have seen every original epsiode, and they never produced any sort of sword from their arms. In fact, if i had to describe the cylons of the original series, they were clumsy, slow, and very easy to take down. I remember one of the episodes where one of the "goldies" actually has some intelligence and i believe has an old school duel with starbuck at the end. I think its classic that if this is the "cylon god" that it is being protected by these old school centurions. The only thing missing is the "sparkly cone head" model.
    What I caught, if you remember the mini-series, when Galactica's hanger was a museum, there was a Cylon that was pretty much exactly like one from TOS. The cylon's that were shown in Razor, at least from my perspective were a cross from the new model centurion, from the waist down and original cylon centurion from the waist up. Sort of like the centurion's from Razor were Cylon bots 1.5, and in the new ones are Cylon bots 2.0.

On to Razor, thought it was pretty damn good. Few things I didn't like. When Apollo was going to fire the nuke at the ship, Adama stops him but then 2 minutes later, when they have to leave someone behind, Adama says, Hey man its your call who lives and dies, its your team. I was like a few minutes ago you just stopped him from making that call, now you want him to make it again? Just thought that particular scene wasn't necessary.

I would have liked to have seen more of Kendra Shaw, its a shame that she was a one off character. I did like at the end when Adama was basically saying he could have been the same as Cain, if not for the President, that's pretty much how I felt since season 2.

So, was this just a one off episode or part of a mini series? I thought it was supposed to be something like 3 or 4 episodes long.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...a/Palmados.jpg

It was a made-for-TV movie that's technically part of the 22-episode season 4 order, but is not actually part of season 4, if you can work your way through the semantics of that.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Honestly I think its supposed to be pretty obvious that the Centurion we see in the miniseries museum is supposed to be the same type we see in Razor. They probably didn't forsee that type's return to action at the time they were making the mini so they didn't put much thougt into its appearance other than a cool cameo. It, like the one in Galactic, are both seen in Cylon War museums, and as the Razor Flashbacks show, the Centurions that fought in the Cylon war are the exact same as the ones we saw in Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It was a made-for-TV movie that's technically part of the 22-episode season 4 order, but is not actually part of season 4, if you can work your way through the semantics of that.
    ah well. That really diminishes it then. Good as an episode, good as part of a miniseries, weak and lame for a one off. I was expecting atleast 1 more episode or part to this much hyped "Razor". Considering how much they promoted it, you'd have thought it was much more than it was.

It was good. Jumped around a bit too much for my tastes.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...a/Palmados.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arative View Post
    What I caught, if you remember the mini-series, when Galactica's hanger was a museum, there was a Cylon that was pretty much exactly like one from TOS. The cylon's that were shown in Razor, at least from my perspective were a cross from the new model centurion, from the waist down and original cylon centurion from the waist up. Sort of like the centurion's from Razor were Cylon bots 1.5, and in the new ones are Cylon bots 2.0.

On to Razor, thought it was pretty damn good. Few things I didn't like. When Apollo was going to fire the nuke at the ship, Adama stops him but then 2 minutes later, when they have to leave someone behind, Adama says, Hey man its your call who lives and dies, its your team. I was like a few minutes ago you just stopped him from making that call, now you want him to make it again? Just thought that particular scene wasn't necessary.

I would have liked to have seen more of Kendra Shaw, its a shame that she was a one off character. I did like at the end when Adama was basically saying he could have been the same as Cain, if not for the President, that's pretty much how I felt since season 2.
    I also enjoy that Adama line. The presence of the President, and her decision to put life ahead pure revenge made the difference.....and Adama´s decision to listened to her. Cain would have staged a military coup being in Adama´s position. I have no doubts about it.

Oh....my....God! That was an awesome ride! This was kind of like filling in the gaps of what happened to the Pegasus, and Cain. Oh.....but watching Cain go darker and darker was just creepy and fascinating all the same time. Man....she was a hard a s s b*tch. When she shot Steve Bacic's character (forget his name), I was totally stunned. Then, Kendra shooting those civilians was just horrible.

We did get a lot of answers and explanations of how the Cylons started cloning humans. That was just nasty. That guy in the tub said something about Starbuck (Kara), but I'm not sure what he meant by it. Could it mean that Kara is a Cylon? Then, the explanation of how Six was captured on Pegasus, and tortured. Cain was ruthless and brutal. Kendra too went down that dark spiral.

I did like seeing the old school Cylon bots with their fighters.

That movie went so fast, though. When it was over, I couldn't believe it was over. So much happens so quickly and so fast, its a wonder I can remember what I just watched. After it was over, I still had to try to get it all straight in my head.

Although, the movie gave us some answers, I think it left us with more questions.

It......was......GOOD!
    Last edited by Sue_Jackson; November 25th, 2007 at 04:45 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

A lot of the Razor "flashbacks" broadcast during other shows over the past several weeks, didn't even make the final cut, and now Skiffy is advertising a "Special Extended Version!" that you can buy in stores. That's why this two hour movie seemed a bit disjointed, like something was "missing". It was.

I bet this was supposed to be a 3-hour movie and it was chopped to two, with Skiffy Suits expecting a big bankroll when everyone runs to buy the "Extended" version. Sorry dudes, I'm not biting at your greed! While I loved this movie, all the scenes you've been showing SHOULD have been in the final product.

I loved this movie, but I hate Skiffy!

BTW, loved the old-style Cylons and noticed they were different from TOS Cylons, but there was a lot of talk about these old-styles being some sort of hybrids, so I went with the flow.

The Cone-Head Cylon from TOS was called Lucifer, and he was cool!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

:lol I have to admit...I will be getting the DVD too.....the 4th season looks to be a
    interesting final season...
    Last edited by dec55; November 25th, 2007 at 07:27 AM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Chief Master Sergeant CaldwellForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Its shown in the razor flashback where Adama and the old centurion plummet to the ground. When the centurion is de-gunned, he flicks his wrist and a sword thing slides out.
    The original series Cylons carried swords

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    This was so boring that I actually fell asleep. BSG is and has always been a cure for insomonia
    Kara Starbuck Thrace will lead the humans to their destruction! WTF!?! Most of it was a big Yawn

Major General

The pacing was all over the place, found it really hard to keep focus, it was so dull and disjointed. It just seemed like a really drawn out episode to me, and not a good one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaldwellForce View Post
    The original series Cylons carried swords

Kara Starbuck Thrace will lead the humans to their destruction! WTF!?! Most of it was a big Yawn
    :lol I think Glen Larson abused his own creation with Galactica 1980 and the
    last half of BSGTOS's only season......remember the singing robot duo in face paint?
    Classic..:lol

Razor was excellent, and it seemed to go too fast. Definitely going to get the DVD.
    Last edited by dec55; November 25th, 2007 at 01:30 PM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

I agree with many of the comments here. I liked it but I thought it went to fast, the story rushed. From the sounds of things, the extended version makes it feel a bit more cohesive.

The Quizno's recaps were great comic relief, I thought. "you just learned that Gina and Cain were lovers...." duh dum dummm

While i enjoyed it, Razor wasn't enough to pull me back into the BSG world. I can still *wait* for it to come back on where as last year, I couldn't wait.

Go Figure.

Chief Master Sergeant

Maybe it was just BSG withdrawal, but I thought this was pretty good episode. Not the best, but very good nonetheless. It proves once again that thoughtful writing and complex characters makes great sci-fi and great TV.

Michelle Forbes was her usual magnificent self as Admiral Cain. I liked that the episode gave her character more depth and history behind her madness. I wasn't entirely happy that they had to choose an ultra-masculine cold-blooded admiral to be the token lesbian character, but it did add another dimension to her character and the Gina betrayal provided another motive for her turn to the dark side. And Forbes' reaction to learning about Gina's true nature was exceptional acting on her part.

I also enjoyed Stephanie Jacobsen as Kendra Shaw. This was her show and she carried it well. By the end, you were rooting for her and it was sad to see her go.

As for the last few minutes, all I have to say is I can't wait for April.
    Last edited by apollo123; November 25th, 2007 at 11:12 AM.

Probie

I've seen Razor twice now (as I tend to do w/ most episodes of BSG). I liked it and thought it served its purpose as well as can be expected. Razor was definitely a fan-targeted episode, allowing us to see details of Cain and Peguses' crew's fall from humanity, and to further the mythology aspect of the show via the rescue mission and Adam's flashback. Definitely didn't win the show new fans, but thats not the point.

Disclosure: although I grew up w/ the originals series (both of them), I never liked anything to do with it. It was, to me, dull and silly. I at first dismissed the new series because of it, until I saw "33" on scifi.com. I was hooked, and continue to be so, despite some aspects that I am weary of - a few pointless stand alone episodes in s3 and the never-ending 4-way love thing.

I'm eager for s4 and more answers to the whole mythological aspect. Especially after what the hybrid said to Kendra.

Also, Its hard to comprehend how many people waste their time on this board to try and crap on what most people here love. Seriously, I hated the OC but I never trolled their fansite message boards to try and "convert" people to my viewpoint. Go get a job!

nothing special
    http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6566/gigeroffki2.jpgLet it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
    They had to fake the ratings
    They had to fake the ratings.
    Let it be known for all times there were once...

I loved it. I've already put this up on the other razor thread but i thought seeing cain again was great and i can totally understand now why she turned out being the way she was. Kendra shaw was also a great character and i thought it was excellent seeing apollo in command of the pegasus again as well as the old style cylon raiders and centurians. I've re-watched it about 6 times now and i've enjoyed it every time.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

Awesometastic.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!