X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica: Razor

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR
    RAZOR

Lee Adama must deal with the legacy of Admiral Cain when he takes command of the Battlestar Pegasus, starting with Kendra Shaw -- a young officer who was a Cain loyalist. A missing Raptor prompts a rescue mission and a confrontation with a very old Cylon base.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:43 PM.

That was completely worth the eight month wait. Wow. Everything about it was so well done, the CGI, seeing the shipyard go up. And very very cool to see TOS style Cylons. "By your command". *giggles with glee*

Cain's legacy is right, just watching Kendra through the whole thing and what she became was pretty astonishing- I hated Cain so much when we saw Kendra shoot that woman at the end. Really liked the character, Stephanie Jacobson was fantastic, as was Michelle Forbes.

Definitely interesting what the hybrid said at the end- my tv has really crappy speakers so it was kind of hard to understand what he was mumbling- did he say that he was the cylon god, or that the cylons thought he was their god? And Starbuck, well.....this bodes interesting for season four.

Comment

I've been looking forward to this episode since i heard about it. All I can say is that it completely blew away my expectations. I think the return of the original cylons and the tie-in with the first cylon war will really be appreciated for veiwers like myself who have watched and thoroughly enjoyed both series'. This episode, along with so many, is soo much better than anything on TV or even in the movie theatres, that it boggles my mind why it is not so much more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by giblet_solution View Post
        I've been looking forward to this episode since i heard about it. All I can say is that it completely blew away my expectations. I think the return of the original cylons and the tie-in with the first cylon war will really be appreciated for veiwers like myself who have watched and thoroughly enjoyed both series'. This episode, along with so many, is soo much better than anything on TV or even in the movie theatres, that it boggles my mind why it is not so much more popular.
        I know what you mean- this movie was way better than anything I could have gone to my local theater to see this weekend.

Comment

Definitely worth the wait. Good from start to finish IMO.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was rather disappointed by the episode- it felt like one long tv episode, with no epic feel to it. Also, all it did was spell out the events that we learned about in Season 2. It provided no reasons as to why Cain became such a hardass, or why that hot asian chick executed those civvies on the Scylla. The old school Cylons were a nice touch though, and the actor they chose for young Adama is amazingly similar to the old Adama!

Comment

It was dreadful and over drawn. Pointless purposeless rushed for its aesthetic value or a lack there of. An agenda perhaps, but one which left me hanging. And I so hate being left on ledges.

Comment

This was so boring that I actually fell asleep. BSG is and has always been a cure for insomonia
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The storytelling was definitely a little disjoined and all over the place, which was a bit disappointing. Still, it was nice to see the old-school Cylons (even if that's now a dead plot element ) and the wrench the hybrid threw into the S3 finale has given me even more to chew on while I wait for S4. Props for that.

Really enjoyed the flashback to the attack on the shipyard too. Visually dazzling, thrilling, and a bit horrifying. Definitely gave me the same sort of willies I got when I first started watching 9/11 coverage on TV six years ago.

Those Quiznos ads that were airing from about 945-1015 were pretty god damn annoying though. I don't need a 5 second clip, one-sentence recap of the scene I just watched, thanks.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Really enjoyed the flashback to the attack on the shipyard too. Visually dazzling, thrilling, and a bit horrifying. Definitely gave me the same sort of willies I got when I first started watching 9/11 coverage on TV six years ago.
                    That just gave me the shivers- the hairs on the back of my neck were on end. Just shows how amazing the effects are on this show, paired with the storytelling, if a piece of CGI can do that.

Comment

Loved Seeing the Old Centurions, especially hearing them

Though does anyone else think the cylon centurions are proving to be rather.. fragile for purpose built combat machines? That Centurion pilot on the pegasus flight deck was KO'd and his ship's cockpit looked pretty darn intact. They also seemed to be brought down by very few bullets (and a good bludgeoning with a pipe?) I would have thought they would be a bit harder to take down.

Comment

Well, the Centurions of the First War were the ones built by man and were presumably not intended for combat against mankind. The current-generation Centurions take a bit more punishment, usually at least a few bullets to the head before they go down.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Interesting point, but I think that is one of the problems with trying to tie the 2 series together. In the first series, both humans and cylons used "lasers" as both their soldier and vehicle weapons. I even thought that I noticed on tonights epsode that they tried to make the cylon's ships look like they were firing lasers although they were probably tracer rounds or something. I remember in the old series, one laser blast to a cylon and he was down. Another thing that I noticed which did stay true to the original series was that the commander of the cylon ship had gold coloured armour. Very nice indeed.

Comment

Yes, I really enjoyed seeing the three Cylons inside the old-school Raiders. I haven't seen a whole lot of the original series but I've seen enough to really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Well, the Centurions of the First War were the ones built by man and were presumably not intended for combat against mankind. The current-generation Centurions take a bit more punishment, usually at least a few bullets to the head before they go down.
                              The Centurions had built in sword-arms, i would say its a good bet these ones were designed for combat!

Comment

Working...
                              X