This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok..not as bad as I remember it.

When Season 7 was first running..I was very vocal about how much I thought it sucked compared to all the other seasons...how O'Neil was written horrible and how most of the episodes were just plain boring.

I think I was wrong. The more I think back..the more I'm starting to realise it was actually really good.
    There were a few episodes I didn't like..mainly Heroes part 1 and the clip episode (MAYBE heroes 2..can't remember if it was just mainly talking about the doctor or not..if it was..blah, too much boring talk not enough anything else)

Over-all..I think it was a great season..with some really well done episodes. Lots of great Sam stories...and for good reason since what happens in season 8....
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

for me it was when i was reading the spoilers that i wasnt too keen on it, but after seeing s7 on whole id say it was pretty good

Comment

Hmmm... I think this is precisly what I predicted a few months back

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
        Hmmm... I think this is precisly what I predicted a few months back
        Oh wise and terrible Teal'c. They were mistake and are sorry for their misgivings. They will never do it again.

Now, let us bow and say a prayer of thanks for the gifts that Almighty Teal'c has given us.

Hummmmm. Hummmmm. Hummmmm.
        Godspeed, Don.

Comment

I thought it was awesome... but then, I didn't read any spoilers at all.

Comment

Yah, i saw all S7 (my first season w/o reading spoilers). It was a good season
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The only episodes I read spoilers for in season seven was the finale, The Lost City. However, when they were first released they were about the city flying away
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by DanielFan
                I thought it was awesome... but then, I didn't read any spoilers at all.
                I saw the first half of s7 with hardly any spoliers, and I thought it was fair. Whereas I saw the second half after knowing most/all of the spoilers and, in general, I enjoyed those episodes more. So, for me, as long as I don't get a scene by scene break down of what's going to happen spoilers don't seem to effect my enjoyment.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I think I enjoy it with spoilers for some reason. Perhaps I know what to expect, sort of and it gets me in gear of what to expect. I certainly enjoyed the final third of the season a lot more than the beginning
                  __

__

Comment

Although i thought Lifeboat was 'not good', i thought Teryl's and Michael's acting was excellent.

Comment

I was spoiled for the first half and found it very good with one or two exceptions; hadn't a clue for the second half and (apart from LC and the acting in Heroes2) I was mostly unimpressed. Kind of the exact opposite of BCM

Madeleine

Madeleine

Comment

I was kind of '' why they put 'Ressurection' right after Heros P.2 and before Inauguration. It was an ok episode for me, but i truly think it should have been placed somewhere else.

Comment

I have to agree, Resurrection didn't have have that great effect on me, I think if they put it after about the fifth episode it may have fitted in better
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                            When Season 7 was first running..I was very vocal about how much I thought it sucked compared to all the other seasons...how O'Neil was written horrible and how most of the episodes were just plain boring.

I think I was wrong. The more I think back..the more I'm starting to realise it was actually really good.
                            I had the same sentiments about Season 6 when I first saw it (except for the bit about Jack) because I knew Daniel was not going to be in it and didn't really give it a chance. After watching it again in syndication, I thought the season was really good, not my favorite, but it had some of the best episodes of the series, IMO: "The Changeling", "Paradise Lost", "Unnatural Selection", and "Abyss".

Now to Season 7. I was kind of the opposite. I was really looking forward to it because Daniel was coming back and thus pretty much enjoyed 2/3rds of the episodes when I saw them the first time while the other third was either so-so or not very interesting. After viewing the season again, I feel more critical of it. I feel that the writing could have been improved. The writers mishandled Daniel coming back (though I thought this the 1st time through). I don't like the way they wrote for Jack in some of the episodes and how they mismanaged his screen time in some shows, i.e. S/J in your face ship (not prevelant but enough to be distracting). Also I think they should have and probably could have kept Jonas on the team. Just my opinion though. Overall I still like the season, not my favorite, but not total crap. The writing just seemed kind of sloppy in Season 7. Stargate is still one of my favorite tv series.

As far as spoiling myself on the show, I only remember reading about "Heroes" way in advance so I was expecting the inevitable outcome, but it still didn't ruin part 2 for me, though I didn't agree with what happened.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

If you go in excepecting something you get disapiontted then you don't get what you want. but if you just watch the show for itself ans its' stories it was not that bad(with exceptions...)
                              I'm not here man
                              Hello it was me

Comment

Working...
                              X