Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Spoiler) Discussion of the BIG Spoiler in the Season 3 Finale/Season 4 Premier

Ok, so all of us who have SciFi know that Atlantis takes to space at the end of S3 and lands in the beginning of S4. My question is this, what are you're general opinions on wether or not to divulge this to those that haven't seen this just yet?

Where I'm going with this is that I believe that we SHOULD let out the spoiler that Atlantis get's launched and lands elsewhere but not the HOW and the WHY. For me personally, knowing that it happens would only serve to entice and tantalize me. I wouldn't want to know the specifics around it. As they say, its the getting there thats all the fun.

As examples of this, by the time that Lucas started making the Prequels, we all knew that Palpatine was the Emporer/Sith Lord and that Anakin would turn to the dark side, but it was the specifics that made it interesting. Same thing for Titanic - we knew the boat was going to sink, but millions of us still when to see it.

Thoughts, ideas? To share the spoiler or not to share the spoiler is the question.
    Last edited by chyron; 21 November 2007, 04:51 PM.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

I don't think we shouldn't reveal anything, it's up to those people who haven't seen the episodes to decide what they'd like to know, not us.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      I don't think we shouldn't reveal anything, it's up to those people who haven't seen the episodes to decide what they'd like to know, not us.
      I Agree.. personally I hate it when someone gives away too much of what's going to happen... it totally ruins the story.

Comment

Working...
      X