The Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blood

Heals people.... The question is, can it become a cure to the virus, or can the blood of those who can regenerate become infected itself? I know there is talk of this case all over the board, but that is interlinked with other topics. I felt the need to create a thread specifically for it.

My other thought... If Claire's blood regenerated Noah, then could the same not be done for Kanto, DL and everyone else who has died. I would add in others such as Issac and such, but I'm not sure if people are able to regenerate without a Brain.

It has been mentioned throughout the forums that it is all about the Brain, whilst I question this (as it is obviously Noah's new blood that has healed him, and not his brain), I do wonder whether people who Sylar has killed could in theory return?

PS: In regards to the 'They can't regenerate without a Brain'. If it is just the Blood, then it would interact with the DNA, and would 'create' a new Brain for those that have had perminant damage to it, or, who have had their Brain removed / eaten (what Sylar actually does with them I don't know).

Also, when Hiro 'kills' Adam in the past, with all that gunpower in the tent, if that actually happened, then chances are Adam would have exploded along with the tent and all inside. That being the case, his body, his head, and his brain would have exploded too... yet, he is still walking around...

Explain that one chaps
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
    Heals people.... The question is, can it become a cure to the virus, or can the blood of those who can regenerate become infected itself? I know there is talk of this case all over the board, but that is interlinked with other topics. I felt the need to create a thread specifically for it.

My other thought... If Claire's blood regenerated Noah, then could the same not be done for Kanto, DL and everyone else who has died. I would add in others such as Issac and such, but I'm not sure if people are able to regenerate without a Brain.

It has been mentioned throughout the forums that it is all about the Brain, whilst I question this (as it is obviously Noah's new blood that has healed him, and not his brain), I do wonder whether people who Sylar has killed could in theory return?
    Yeah I don't think that people could be brought back without a brain. I mean we saw in Lizards that it can regrow a limb much as some reptiles can do. But I'm pretty sure that if you remove the head or brain that lizard/person ain't coming back.

Love to hear from somebody that disagrees with me though...

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

That brings me back to Adam. The tent he was in literally blew up (along with him). No doubt that explosion would have screwed up his brain (if there was anything left of it), yet he is alive and well...

Excluding Adam for the moment though, what about the others? Those who have died with their Brain in tact? Chances we'll be seeing them again...?
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
        That brings me back to Adam. The tent he was in literally blew up (along with him). No doubt that explosion would have screwed up his brain (if there was anything left of it), yet he is alive and well...

Excluding Adam for the moment though, what about the others? Those who have died with their Brain in tact? Chances we'll be seeing them again...?
        You bring up a good point...especially when you bring Peter into the mix. He went off in a nuclear explosion that would have surely torn every piece of him into well... lots of little pieces. So how did he survive?

I'm not sure... could be a plot hole or it could really be that those with regeneration powers can not die. I'm not sure I like that explanation though as Adam himself thought it was possible when he asked Hiro if he was going to be done with it and cut off his head.

As for the others perhaps there is a time limit to which they can be brought back... such as before all of their hair and skin stop growing and they become a skeleton. So I would say DL, Issac and such are all dead. However if somebody was killed recently they could be revived.

As for the Peter and Adam thing...I'm not sure I'm going to have to go and think about that one. I'm pretty sure though that Adam still had his head attached when the explosion occurred. That was his corpse next to the helmet when Hiro went back to the tent correct?

If so he was extra crispy, but had everything attached. However Peter certainly wouldn't have... so I'm not sure now.

Ace

Comment

Well, apparantly the brain can heal itself with regenerative powers, to what extent though. If a minute portion of Isaac's/ etc Brain remained, and they poured/ injected it/ etc with Claire's/Adam's Blood, could it regenerate into a fully formed Isaac?

Although, would it be a fully formed Isaac? Or a clone of him? :O
          Ship of Theseus

And, if Someone had a Lobotomy, could their removed portion be regenerated to form a new "clone".

*Pictures and Army of Claires/Adams running loose*

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
            Well, apparantly the brain can heal itself with regenerative powers, to what extent though. If a minute portion of Isaac's/ etc Brain remained, and they poured/ injected it/ etc with Claire's/Adam's Blood, could it regenerate into a fully formed Isaac?

Although, would it be a fully formed Isaac? Or a clone of him? :O
            Ship of Theseus

And, if Someone had a Lobotomy, could their removed portion be regenerated to form a new "clone".

*Pictures and Army of Claires/Adams running loose*
            Yeah... that's why I don't like the idea. I'd keep the idea that if enough of the brain is damaged and/or removed from the skull the person is dead permanently

Ace

Comment

I don't like this twist on the story. The healing power is supposed to be a genetic trait of that individual. So Adam, Claire, Peter healing themselves is good and all (LInderman is a different story). BUt injecting the blood into someone else and suddenly they gain the benefits of this genetic trait? That is essentially the equivalent of someone all of a sudden growing a big nose because they got a blood transfusion from someone with one.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe the blood contains a ton of stem cells? Thats how it heals others? I don't belive the blood will cure the virus. As for brain damage if it's still there it could heal it. If portions are removed I doubt it. Even If it did regrow the memories will be lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                  You bring up a good point...especially when you bring Peter into the mix. He went off in a nuclear explosion that would have surely torn every piece of him into well... lots of little pieces. So how did he survive?
                  Peter didn't actually explode, he just had tons of energy emanate from his body.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Peter didn't actually explode, he just had tons of energy emanate from his body.
                    His clothes were all tattered because of that energy escaping from within him. If he had actually exploded, nothing of his clothes would have survived.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not convinced the blood could cure the virus. One of the primary symoptoms(sp?) of the virus is that it removes powers. It would seem to me that it would remove the special nature of the blood from Claire or Adam, rendering it entirely useless. If Claire or Adam are infected it would make most sense for them to lose their ability rather than be immune.

The Blood's ressurection qualities are a little baffling. But they make sense within the show. If the blood can heal Claire, and bring her back from death, and it can heal Nathen then it makes sense that it could also bring someone back from death. Maybe there is a time limit or something on how long it will work for after the individual is dead, 12 hours or something, hence why other dead characters can't just be brought back. Maybe if Claire hadn't had the stick pulled from her brain so quick she would have remained dead.
                      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Maybe the blood is a temporary fix kind of thing? The instant introduction of these superpowered blood cells and dna to the system creates a temporary fix that fades off after a while and then it eventually dies out and loses it's potency. In the end having never altered the DNA of the person it was given to, just repairing any damaged cells it ran across.

Although this could conflict with a few things like growing back whole limbs and organs, since how would the blood (while on it's quick cell repair splurge) know to bring back a limb if it never knew those cells were missing to begin with? Confuuuuusing....

Comment

Not knowing enough genetics makes it tricky to be specific, but the body does have a "map" of itself (Genes govern everything from skin tone to body structure, and the brain also has a self-map too), so the superhealing blood could use this as it's blueprint for healing.
                          I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                            Not knowing enough genetics makes it tricky to be specific, but the body does have a "map" of itself (Genes govern everything from skin tone to body structure, and the brain also has a self-map too), so the superhealing blood could use this as it's blueprint for healing.
                            Hey, that makes sense. Reading and adapting to the DNA and "map" of the body it was introduced to, then filling in the blanks to make the proper repairs.

Heck, y'know I hardly know anything about how cells and dna and how genetics work myself aside from learning some basics laws of inheritence, so I can predict the outcomes of reptile breeding (stuff like... heterozygous, homozygous, alleles, loci, recessive, dominant, co-dominant, double-hets, triple-hets, predicting hets, etc. etc.)
                            Although knowing what little I do has made watching the show that much more interesting for me .

Comment

The virus does negate special abilities, likely by blocking the expression of the genes that code for the powers. Claire's blood has to have factors within it ready to activate in the event of a trauma, so if you took that blood and injected into into someone, the factors would operate until they were expended.

But it doesn't mean that the person given the blood will begin to exhibit the regenerative abilities in the future, because they would not have the genetic coding needed to make the factors beyond the effect of the initial blood transfusion.

Admittedly, this is stupid, because it does mean that potentially anybody can enjoy the benfits of the blood. Unless, and I'm certain it will eventuate, there is/are things we do not yet know about the process that may give it a limiting effect.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X