Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Close Up: Martin Jarvis (Davos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Close Up: Martin Jarvis (Davos)

From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=38

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Close Up: Martin Jarvis

November 19, 2007 (Actors)

What would the ability to see the future really bring? Would it enrich your life, or enslave it? Would it bring you peace, or suffering? For the main guest character in this week’s episode of Stargate: Atlantis, despite his abilities, the answer isn’t always clear. Davos, the ‘Seer’ of a people called the Videnans, possesses the ability to see snatches of the future – events that always happen exactly as he experiences them. He cannot, however, predict when they will happen, or see the consequences. And, though he can see the future of others, he is at a loss to predict his own fate.

**snippage**

Quite apart from his enjoyment in playing the character of Davos, Jarvis reports that the experience of filming on the Stargate: Atlantis set was in itself a lot of fun.

“I had seen a number of Andy Mikita’s episodes, the director of this particular episode – I think he’s an absolutely excellent film maker. ‘Excellent’ doesn’t always go hand in hand with being a nice person, but he’s a very nice person as well, so it was a pleasure to meet him. I didn’t meet him until I got to Vancouver – we met up the evening before the first day of shooting. So it was a very pleasant engagement from that point of view.” Jarvis laughs, remembering a conversation he shared with Mikita during the shoot. “We were talking about the fact that we had both enjoyed working together, and I said, ‘Well I’m really very sorry that my character dies, because that means I won’t be coming back to play him again.’ And he said, ‘Martin, you’re so wrong. This is sci-fi! Anything is possible!’ So I’m waiting for the call for the return of Davos!”

**snippage**

Story by Sharon Gosling

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

A great actor - would love to see him back to the show somehow.

...but...

I can't help myself - he looks a bit like Helmut Schmidt (former German Bundeskanzler). See and decide for yourself.
    Davos:

Helmut Schmidt:

Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Working...
    X