They forgot about Jonas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
    We do have to remember that most of the audience has not seen that episode. Mentioning Prophecy would simply be confusing, I agree one line of text would have been appropriate.
    They referenced "Cold Lazarus" in "Doppelganger" are you saying they thought it was more likely that a core Atlantis fan who didn't watch SG1 had seen a season one episode than a season six ep? My experience while flipping through the channels tells me that it's much more likely to come across "Prophecy" than Cold Lazarus because they air more recent eps more frequently in syndication.

This episode has more in common with "prophecy" than "Doppelganger" had with "Cold Lazarus."

Mckay giving the speech that Carter did in "prophecy" just makes it worse because Carter shouldn't have needed to be convinced.

BTW (and this is just speculation) I think the reason Jonas isn't referenced even when it makes sense to, is that TPTB thinks the whole fanbase hates Jonas. The save Daniel Jackson crowd was a very loud voice in the fanbase when Jonas was on and they focused their hate on Jonas instead of MS for leaving. As a result TPTB thinks we all hate him and don't want to remember him, so they just act like he was never around to appease us. Unfortunately they don't get that the loudest part of the fanbase isn't the whole fanbase. RIP Jonas.
    "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
    "Those who abandon the path are evil."
    "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Are we talking SG1 or SGA? I was thinking, there's no Jonas in SGA.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
        TPTB have stated that Jonas Quinn has basically been forgotten in the Stargate Universe.
        Well they may want us to forget but he was great in the show. My husband and I bought the box set of DVD's and I have never seen the show at all before. As we made our way thru the seasons I started getting nervous as it got closer for Dr. jackson to leave. But honestly the show didn't miss a beat. Not to put down Mr. Shanks (I know he has Die hard fans), I love him as well. But really Joans was always so happy! Jonas and Teal'c kinda had an outsider bond. It was nice to have new team emotions to explore. I wish they had kept him around longer when Dr. Jackson came back.

But for Sam not to recall what happend to Jonas is just silly. Rodney mentions "oh this happened once time at the SGC" alot in season 2 of SGA. And in the cases he did that it REALLY threw a light that the writers were just reusing stuff.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
        Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
        X