They forgot about Jonas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They forgot about Jonas

My only big problem with this episode was that they made no mention of what happened to Jonas in "Prophecy". I mean Carter for one should have remembered, and not acted like it was impossible.

Well, I'd swear that Jonas got it wrong once. Carter did ask Davos whether he had ever been wrong, and he replied: "No.", so there's more of a chance to take him seriously if he has never been wrong over his whole lifetime, as well as being born with these gifts, whereas Jonas was experimented on.

Comment

Agreed. I thought of Jonas when they were talking about it.

Jonas only predicted the PROBABLE future.
      Spoiler:
      When he saw the gateroom being blown up, that was what would of happened if he DIDN'T see it. Since he did, it didn't happen

This guy must be diffirent.. hm

Go Green

Comment

Maybe they were going to mention Jonas but had to cut for time
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that the plot of this episode was reused? In SG-1 Season 6, Jonas experiences the same evolutionary anomaly (thanks to Nirtii), developing precognitive abilities. I was surprised that none of the characters, even Carter, made a connection with Jonas' mutation.

Comment

Or the Writers just want to forget Jonas ever existed .

Comment

I was disappointed that Carter didn't make a reference, I don't know if it's because the writers think they'll piss people off if she keeps mentioning SG-1, or that they almost hate to acknowledge that Jonas ever existed... I wouldn't call it a reused plot though, beyond their being two characters who can see the future I think the two eps are totally different...

Comment

Yeah it was odd with all the SG-1 referencing being done by Carter in Doppleganger that she didn't say something here. But its not like I didn't expect this. In that scene when they were talking about it in the begining, There was one moment where I knew if she was gonna say something it would have been then, it didn't come and I was not shocked at all. They didn't even reference him when we found out his planet was taken over by the Ori, so I excprected this to happen.

Perfecto!

Comment

Oh. I didn't see the other topic; guess I didn't remember the name of that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    I was disappointed that Carter didn't make a reference, I don't know if it's because the writers think they'll piss people off if she keeps mentioning SG-1, or that they almost hate to acknowledge that Jonas ever existed... I wouldn't call it a reused plot though, beyond their being two characters who can see the future I think the two eps are totally different...

Yup there is a limit to "when I was at the SGC" type sentences that Carter can say.... realistically, if you worked with somebody who always had quips like that, it would get old REAL fast, and on TV, it gets old faster. so, maybe carter remember, but face it, nothing she could say about what happened with jonas would help them in this situation. it would be like "oh, I had a black car too." type comment. nice, but doesn't help.

people who can see into the future are as common as people who see dead people *cough* on TV these days

Comment

It was in the scene when Dr. Keller was telling Carter about the MRI and the increased synaptic activity in Davos's brain. This is exactly what happened to Jonas after being mutated by Nirtii's genetic experiments.

I think the episode would have been more interesting if the writers had included the connection with Jonas. The human evolution plot-line started during S6 of SG1 was never developed very extensively. The episodes dealing with genetic manipulation and evolution really added a biological aspect to ascension that complemented the more spiritual, philosophical side of it. So far, Atlantis has only focused on the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        or that they almost hate to acknowledge that Jonas ever existed....

That's it, right there.

'Jonas, in Stargate? Huh? Oh yeah, Carter's crazy ex-fiance in s1'.

That type of reaction, perhaps? Lol.
                        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Carter could tell stories about her adventures in every Atlantis episode, because she is the most experienced soldier in the city, but the TPTB won't ad more fuel to the fire, so she became a bit silent in this season.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by desh View Post
                            Did anyone else pick up on the fact that the plot of this episode was reused? In SG-1 Season 6, Jonas experiences the same evolutionary anomaly (thanks to Nirtii), developing precognitive abilities. I was surprised that none of the characters, even Carter, made a connection with Jonas' mutation.
                            Jonas didn't recieve precognative abilities thanks to Nirtii, what he got was a big tumor on his brain that was giving him the abilities, which imo was ripped off from that bad Travolta movie, without surgery Jonas would have visions but was a dead-man. So they removed the tumor and the visions stopped.

The seer on the other hand was a genetic fluke who just happened to have developed a type of lymphatic cancer which has nothing to do with the brain directly so wasn't the cause of the visions. If they had of been able to cure him he would still have the vision.
                            Cancer and visions are the only similarities.

Comment

except that there wasnt a huge ship over the sgc extorting them to help and then a second one showed up and blew them both up

otherwise, yes its the same episode

/eyeroll

Comment

Working...
                              X