WHAT!!!!! - Atlantis's Prophecy??? [Spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT!!!!! - Atlantis's Prophecy??? [Spoilers]

I am watching the "Seer". Anyways. I kinda hope to see an episode where this happens where Atlantis gets wiped out.

What bothers me is that how come 1 Aurora class ship wipes out atlantis.

That is wacked!
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

It's not exactly wacked. They've only got one ZPM, perhaps two if the older one still has some power in it so the shields wouldn't last long against drones and a fully powered, perhaps ZPM enhanced Aurora. Plus we also saw one Aurora up close, doesn't mean there weren't others in orbit and that's assuming it was Replicators and not a sneak Traveler attack.

sigpic

Comment

for that matter how do we know it was actually Atlantis. It could have been a sister city--the replicators ship is an exact copy of Atlantis.

The seer didn't know for sure it was Atlantis--just a city that looked like Atlantis.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        It's not exactly wacked. They've only got one ZPM, perhaps two if the older one still has some power in it so the shields wouldn't last long against drones and a fully powered, perhaps ZPM enhanced Aurora. Plus we also saw one Aurora up close, doesn't mean there weren't others in orbit and that's assuming it was Replicators and not a sneak Traveler attack.
        I asked hubby that exact same question. "So is that a Replicator warship, or the Travellers warship?"

I cant *think* of a reason for the Travellers to attack, but that doesnt mean they don't have an agenda we don't know. It was exceptionally unspecific.
        : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
        : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

A seer had a vision of Babylon 5 blowing up to. It did in fact come true.....but its all in the context.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            for that matter how do we know it was actually Atlantis. It could have been a sister city--the replicators ship is an exact copy of Atlantis.

The seer didn't know for sure it was Atlantis--just a city that looked like Atlantis.
            Wasn't there an image of John saying,"I've got to get to the chair." implying that the city was Atlantis.

Comment

You could see people of the Atlantis expedition trying to cover from the falling debris, kind of stupid at the end of the episode where Sheppard said 'It could happen in 1000 years' when obviously with their people there it's going to happen in the near future.

I found a few things weird about the vision though, as follows:
              -The Cities shield wasn't raised.
              -A single drone could do that much damage to one tower.
              -The crumbling city looked kind of rocky opposed to metallic.
              - How damn big that Auroras class was compared to the city, it was nearly as long as the city itself.

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                Wasn't there an image of John saying,"I've got to get to the chair." implying that the city was Atlantis.
                That was for a different vision.

However it was definitely Atlantis. You could see a guy wearing a watch, the people were wearing different types of outifts we've seen worm and it seemed the Seer could only predict things that somehow involved him.

He saw the Wraith coming to his world, He saw Sheppard and co. coming to his world. When he was with Rodney, he had a vision with him. When he was on Atlantis he say the Aurora attack and an attack involving the Wraith (which is why John was going to the chair). It could not have been another version of Atlantis because the Seer had no connection to it.

- How damn big that Auroras class was compared to the city, it was nearly as long as the city itself.
                - If they were attacked, the shields wouldn't have lasted long.
                - McKay has said that the city is very fragile. It would be no surprise so much damage could be done.
                - I noticed that too. Bit odd consider the bomb from 'The Return II' didn't have the same sort of effect.
                - Hard to say. It could have looked bigger because of the perspective but it did seem to be moving closer with every attack so it could have looked bigger and bigger as it decended but was still to far away to be on scale.
                Last edited by SaberBlade; 17 November 2007, 06:43 AM.

sigpic

Comment

So do we know for sure if this is going to happen or not? And regarding the people running when the city was being attacked, I couldn't tell for sure what they were wearing and I watched carefully so that doesn't necessarily mean that it's Atlantis.

Plus, there's no way this could happen without something else undoing it because that would ruin the whole point of the show to destroy Atlantis.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                    I think the city from The Tower also had a chair, and there's no real reason why another sistership wouldn't.

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    You could see people of the Atlantis expedition trying to cover from the falling debris, kind of stupid at the end of the episode where Sheppard said 'It could happen in 1000 years' when obviously with their people there it's going to happen in the near future.

Maybe he spotted a vision of a realistic paintball game in a thousand years depicting a "what if" scenario of the famed Atlantis expedition

Comment

yeah I found that weird too. but we don't know what happened just prior to the attack. maybe some malfunction...

I'm not sure about these. again we don't know much. I can imagine that what we saw was not Atlantis but a sister city and the images of the people inside were from something that had nothing to do with the attack. though that's pretty unlikely imo. why one drone would do that much damage I'm not sure either. as for the ship, yeah it really was damn big, guess we underestimated its seize (maybe a new class?)
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I am 99.9% sure that there were other ships in orbit. If you go through that whole scene slowly, you'll notice that drones seem to be coming down and hitting Atlantis from orbit, which points to other ships. When drones are coming out of the ship directly on top of Atlantis, you can clearly see the drone exit the ship too.

Either way, I reckon all of this will play out in the season finale, not in the mid-season 3-parter.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                          I am watching the "Seer". Anyways. I kinda hope to see an episode where this happens where Atlantis gets wiped out.

What bothers me is that how come 1 Aurora class ship wipes out atlantis.

That is wacked!
                          We don't know it was Atlantis. For all we know it could be a Replicator city that's under a joint attack from Wraith, Humans etc. The 'Aurora' could be the Trea/Tria that is the one seen on screen that we're using. JM posted drawings a couple of months back that showed an 'Aurora' class stasis pod being used as a prop.

The 'Travelers' have an 'Aurora', so they could come to the rescue of the humans which would mean that this sequence would need to take place in 'Spoils of War'.

The last possibility is that it happens in the final ep of S4 - 'The Last man'. It gets destroyed, Mckay is the only one to survive. He somehow makes it back to Earth, then they do a time travel story involving the 'Phoenix'.

Comment

Originally posted by skydragon786 View Post
                            I am 99.9% sure that there were other ships in orbit. If you go through that whole scene slowly, you'll notice that drones seem to be coming down and hitting Atlantis from orbit, which points to other ships. When drones are coming out of the ship directly on top of Atlantis, you can clearly see the drone exit the ship too.

Either way, I reckon all of this will play out in the season finale, not in the mid-season 3-parter.
                            I just watched it again and the second drone that hits the tower most definitely comes from the ship above the city. as for the others I'm not so sure, you may be right
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                              We don't know it was Atlantis. For all we know it could be a Replicator city that's under a joint attack from Wraith, Humans etc. The 'Aurora' could be the Trea/Tria that is the one seen on screen that we're using. JM posted drawings a couple of months back that showed an 'Aurora' class stasis pod being used as a prop.

The 'Travelers' have an 'Aurora', so they could come to the rescue of the humans which would mean that this sequence would need to take place in 'Spoils of War'.

The last possibility is that it happens in the final ep of S4 - 'The Last man'. It gets destroyed, Mckay is the only one to survive. He somehow makes it back to Earth, then they do a time travel story involving the 'Phoenix'.
                              It was Atlantis, noticed the Atlantis expedition running a cowering from the falling debris in the vision.

Comment

Working...
                              X