Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Seer' - a new High for Stargate?

This is spoiler free.

I really enjoyed this episode, much more than i thought. In terms of a traditional SGA episode I expected cliché after cliché in terms of psychic phenomena.

Not here. Not this episode. I was even bowled over by the actor playing the seer. WOW... A guest actor that out shined the others.

OK - a few points. A nice explanation about the Midway station, it's "health" policy, and the celebration of sorts of Sam's 90-day evaluation of her command. Oh, I love it when they add real world controls in the terms of how to engage with Atlantis when they have just gone through a nasty biological issue (last episode).

Also - a really nice explanation about the seer's source of his power. Damn, if it's not plausible, and reproducible...

Overall - a great episode. The best so far.

Tech Junkie
    (striving for the sarcasm demerit #2)
    Last edited by techjunkie; 16 November 2007, 10:22 PM. Reason: can't find a decent spelling for quaranteen

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Originally posted by techjunkie View Post
    This is spoiler free.

I really enjoyed this episode, much more than i thought. In terms of a traditional SGA episode I expected cliché after cliché in terms of psychic phenomena.

Not here. Not this episode. I was even bowled over by the actor playing the seer. WOW... A guest actor that out shined the others.

OK - a few points. A nice explanation about the Midway station, it's "health" policy, and the celebration of sorts of Sam's 90-day evaluation of her command. Oh, I love it when they add real world controls in the terms of how to engage with Atlantis when they have just gone through a nasty biological issue (last episode).

Also - a really nice explanation about the seer's source of his power. Damn, if it's not plausible, and reproducible...

Overall - a great episode. The best so far.

Tech Junkie
    (striving for the sarcasm demerit #2)
    This was an excellent episode and indeed one of the best.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I definatly agree. I seriously trying to find fault with this episode, but try as I might there were no faults. It had character development (Carter), cool CGI, some sinter Wraith and hints to
      Spoiler:
      to the mid-season three parter.
      There were other great things but I can't list them are
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I definatly agree. I seriously trying to find fault with this episode, but try as I might there were no faults. It had character development (Carter), cool CGI, some sinter Wraith and hints to
        Spoiler:
        to the mid-season three parter.
        There were other great things but I can't list them are
        QUestion why are yout trying to find faults? Just curious.
        Last edited by Mitchell82; 17 November 2007, 06:06 PM. Reason: typo
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I thought it was really good. Carter was awesome.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

To try to understand the anti's way of thinking. Needless to say I am still trying. Chances are I'll never figure it out
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't either until I watched Battlestar Galactica and saw just how good writing could be for a television show.

That said, The Seer was a pretty good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                I didn't either until I watched Battlestar Galactica and saw just how good writing could be for a television show.

This is what makes the differing opinions amusing when people keep thinking others can see their way of thinking. When looking for good TV, I don't look to BSG. B5, yes. BSG, hell no.

That said, the Seer was a good episode. Hubby was happy to see the CG Wraith again. The wraith joke was almost as good as the Jaffa joke! LOL.

I am really starting to miss the Team episodes though.
                : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

finally a good episode after seven boring episodes
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

BSG sucks, thats why its cancelled while SGA is renewed. Saying the writer wanted it to end now cuz the story is done in light of its huge ratings drop is like getting dumped and saying it was your choice. lol sga>bsg

Comment

I didn't either until I watched Battlestar Galactica and saw just how good writing could be for a television show.?*That said, The Seer was a pretty good episode.
                      BSG is a cure for insomonia . I'm asleep in 10 minutes. SGA keeps me entertained for 45 minutes. (Didn't count commercials)
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                        This is what makes the differing opinions amusing when people keep thinking others can see their way of thinking. When looking for good TV, I don't look to BSG. B5, yes. BSG, hell no.

That said, the Seer was a good episode. Hubby was happy to see the CG Wraith again. The wraith joke was almost as good as the Jaffa joke! LOL.

I am really starting to miss the Team episodes though.
                        I really liked this episode and it did seem like it wasn't the normal way SGA is written which is a good thing to me. It almost felt like an old Babylon 5 type episode to me in that it made you think a lot more than the average SGA epsiode. This reminds me of the Babylon 5 episode Signs and Portents, even though the plot was different, where the writer(s) use foreshadowing to give a few clues of future events, but you don't know the context of them which makes it hard to know what the characters should do. Probably going to be one of the highlights of the season for me.
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

I think I agree with most of the people in this thread that SGA is way better than BSG. I'm not saying I don't like BSG but it's not as good as SG-1 or Atlantis. "And they have a plan" is kinda retarded. And there've been a lot of moments on BSG where before your brain can even finish processing what they're saying you already know it's garbage.

Example: When Boomer screams "I'm a frakkin Cylon!!" before she even said "frakkin" - in that single moment - she'd turned a pretty good show into the dumbest soap opera that's ever existed sinse cavemen were drawing comic strips on their living room cave walls.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            BSG is a cure for insomonia . I'm asleep in 10 minutes. SGA keeps me entertained for 45 minutes. (Didn't count commercials)
                            I am nglad you liker actiobn scene + plot w/vrisus or magical sapce shipr but good wrtiegnhave dialgoue

Comment

All the dialog and clever writing in the world counts for **** if the audience isn't entertained.

Comment

Working...
                              X