New Stargate Prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    No Vala M is right, I believe it's mentioned on one of the commentaries in the first season that there is only one actual pegasus gate (which is rubber) and the offworld gate is always cgi.
    wow, you'd think that would be more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
      wow, you'd think that would be more expensive
      More expensive than building a new gate, lugging it to different locations every week, having people set it up, then dismantle it again to be taken to the next location for next weeks episode? Personally I don't see a cgi gate being that expensive, it's the puddle that would be more exspenisve and you'd have that on a real gate aswell. If they really wanted to they could take the gate from the Atlantis gateroom and take that on location as it's not a permenant fixture in the gateroom.

Comment

They also started using the CG gates for SG-1 in season 10 and possibly season 9. It's most noticecable in "Prototype" when all of SG-4 is shown exiting the gate on P3X-584.

And this is a little bit off-topic but what is up with the CG people always changing the gate's puddle? Personally, I liked the original puddle in season 1, it looked more viscous and more like what the gate puddle should be like, the newer ones are too bright and not as viscous.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
          And this is a little bit off-topic but what is up with the CG people always changing the gate's puddle? Personally, I liked the original puddle in season 1, it looked more viscous and more like what the gate puddle should be like, the newer ones are too bright and not as viscous.

Vala,
          To spice things up I guess I barely noticed though.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

no i think theyve definetly improved. the event horizon in sg1 looks pretty goofy sometimes. it looks now almost as good as in the original movie when they filmed water and airjets.

Comment

If I know well the SG-1 prop gate costed 250 000 $. They broke the gate set in the studio at season 8, so they had to write stories without the stargate or they used old scenes.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

the whole planet had a sunset type color to it.

Comment

It was definitely cgi, not another prop.

Comment

I do hate the CGI 'Gates. They're never correct, always inconsistant and always seem to be backwards too. I agree about the EH. I always liked the original. It looks a lot nicer.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      If I know well the SG-1 prop gate costed 250 000 $. They broke the gate set in the studio at season 8, so they had to write stories without the stargate or they used old scenes.
                      Really? They did use the gate alot and it wasn't always old shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        I do hate the CGI 'Gates. They're never correct, always inconsistant and always seem to be backwards too. I agree about the EH. I always liked the original. It looks a lot nicer.
                        Not always they usually look cool the only thing is they usually are missing the 9th chevron but no biggie since it's never utilized.

Comment

do they bother with the platforms to hold the gates anymore or are they all just in the ground... id like to see a good old fashioned stone base every now and then... and yes it looked goldish... but im going with the planet haavin a funny colour... neway i like the idea of a golden gate....
                          You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

Working...
                          X