Eden (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COMMANDER SIVOK View Post
    Now that Lonik is Nosah'trah host does that mean he knows Trelnak is a spy?
    That's a good question actually.

I think when Sivok asked Grant to talk in private, I would have liked to see Sivok ask Grant if he could clone him and transfer his consciousness to the clone so they could transfer the original Draque consciousness to Grants old body. That way when Sivok betrayas Grant it would not be so bad.
    Actually, that's addressed in the scene with Grant and Sivok in Act Two. Sivok knew that there was no chance on Earth that Grant would ever agree to something like that.

I just don't see how Sivok and Grant will get their dynamic relationship back.
    That's exactly the kind of questions we want you all to ask yourselves.

Stay tuned.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Only to find out that she is as arrogant and cocky as any Goa'uld. This is something for any of us to keep in mind if we ever actually meet our idles, and heroes, don't let your expectations get to high.
      That's a very interesting point, and definitely true. Sivok had completely different expectations regarding Quelak.

I'm not sure I would have reacted in the same way, I think I would try to rebuild a trust, after all Sivok did something that was looking out for his people to give them hope, to give them a destiny.
      I think it's great whenever an audience gets involved to the point where you ask yourself these kinds of questions. Would you have done the same thing? Would you have done something differently? It's definitely a tough question.

Another interesting decision to make him a desperate frightened man, just holding out for his one last desperate bid for hope. And after all, if we were in the same situation are we sure we would act no differently, if something that we believed in enough was at stake would we really not betray our friends, if we felt we had absolutely no choice, interesting idea to ponder.
      I completely agree with both of those points. Sivok is a very complicated character, and he's not really easy to understand. This episode shed some more light into his way of thinking, and it's a little startling actually. But at the same time, you do have to ask yourself, if facing the same choices that he was facing, would you possibly have done something similiar?

I think from Sivok's point of view, he's anything but an antagonist. He sees himself more as the missunderstood hero, who's forced to make some tough sacrifices for the greater good. But as Grant points out at the end, Sivok wasn't forced to anything. He made a choice. That's, of course, true in most situations like these. It really just comes down to what someone's viewpoint is. From Sivok's perspective, he did not have a choice.

Final thought: Glad to hear that this will not be the last of the whole cloning thing.
      Definitely not. The next few episodes don't focus too much on Grant, so this matter doesn't get addressed in them actually. But that's just how a series works often; a couple of episodes down the road, this will become a pretty huge factor, when it's moved back into the foreground... and Sivok returns once again.

Too often I think, there are two specific examples that I can think of in Trek, where something like this happens and we never hear about it. The clone/ duplicate, just goes on with life like nothing ever happened, glad Horizon is going to avoid this.
      I can't think of which examples in Trek you mean off the top of my head, but I agree. You can't just hit the reset button after doing something like this, and that's not what we intend to do. On SGH in particular, many if not all of the regulars have been through experiences that changed them in one way or another. And that's something we definitely want to keep doing.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

[QUOTE=Alex Rubit;7340334].
        Actually, that's addressed in the scene with Grant and Sivok in Act Two. Sivok knew that there was no chance on Earth that Grant would ever agree to something like that.

I do understand that but, the point I was trying to make is Sivok would not just kill Grant. Sivok had a choice to put Grant in Quelak body and let him die or clone him and hope Grant would live. I just do not see Sivok making the choice he did. Sivok can be ruthless and I love that but to me that was over the top. Sivok had just told Grant all the things he admired about him and to make a choice that would kill Grant just bothered me especially when he had the choice to clone him Instead.

Comment

Sivok did say that he would try to find another body to put Grant in before Quelak's original body. Didn't see it as something being on the top of his priority list, but I don't think he would have let Grant die without at least trying.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I agree with Commander Sivok for the most part, the poster not the charactor.

I don't agree with Grant's reaction 100%, and Sivok could of tride to convince him before he did what he did. The story was smoth and I really did not expect to see Trelnak nor Nostra-whats-his-face take Sivok's secand. I was shocked and I hope that this developes into something interesting as far as Both charachters are concerned. I'd rather have a better version of Skarra if you know what I mean.

I am not sure how to vote this, good or outsanding. So I will abstien till I see more episodes to compare it with this season.
            [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
            HARRIMAN
            I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
            [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
            HARRIMAN
            So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

I think Grant's reaction was fair enough. It's not like it was a close friend who did this. If it was someone like Chase it would be different. Grant was betrayed by a former enemy turned ally, who shouldn't be so easily forgiven.

Other than that, great episode can't wait for more.
              O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
              [Cut to shot of the door]
              [Cut back to O'Neill]
              O'NEILL: Any time now.
              [Cut back to door]

Comment

I just gave this a re-read. Was in the mood for some Horizon and a Mike one is always the best bet. I still enjoyed it. Immensly. Shame the Grant being a clone thing isn't carried on
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Now IIRC Qualak never showed up again in this season. Given what happened in the finale, I assume she might become important for the next season?
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                  X