Galor in the Delta Quadrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galor in the Delta Quadrant

So, I was thinking yesterday about Voyager, episode 1: Caretaker. It was said I believe, somewhere in the episode, that the Galor Class chasing the Marquis vessel was also (at some point) transported to the Delta Quadrant, and then, back again.

What do you guys and girls think would have happened if they weren't transported back, and then Voyager arrived? Would the Cardassians have joined Voyager and the Marquis, would they have destroyed / taken over the Caretakers' array, or would they have allied with the Kazon?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Actually I've never though of it that way before, I believe the idea of the Galor Cruiser in the Delta Quadrant was brought in, in the episode "The Voyager Conspiracy" in season 6, the idea was sound, since the Caretaker was taking ships from that region of space in the Badland's, an area of space frequented by the Cardassian's.

That would of been a sight to see, to have the possibility of the Cardassian's on Voyager.

That said, I think they'd be more of a conflict between the crew's if the Marquis were wanting to kill the few Cardassian survivors from the Caretakers array and having Janeway deny them, herself wanting to keep the peace and the Federation humanitarian charter.

Slowly they must work together through all the episodes and eventually grow as allies, when certain Cardassian character learn first hand what their race has done to the MArquis and the Bajoran's, a sort of repenting, they grow as one crew, inspite of what was happening in DS9 with the hatred, the war and the killing, they learn in season 4 of the MAarquis being killed by the Dominion and both parties deep hatred bubbles up enough to make...ermm I dunno, B'lanna want to take it out on the Cardassian's.

That said, it would of been very interesting to see how the two races viewed their situation of being stranded in the Delta Quadrant and their opinions on the War back home when they made contact with Earth and the Federation Again.

In some final season episodes, we learn some Cardassian Characters are ready to accept their fate as Federation POW but Janeway refuses to allow them, since they have proven their worth at gettin Voyager, it's crew and janeway herself out of being destroyed on many occasions, it would be very interesting to see how that would work out...with them being reformed Cardassian's with regards to their people back home still killing Human's, Marquis and Bajoran people!?

Hmm. is there a Fan fic on tis subject, I'd be very interested to read that if there was!?

sigpic
    In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

It's Maquis, not some sort of nobility (no r). Yes, it would be interesting how that Cardassian/Federation relationship pans out.
      sigpic

Comment

Didn't the ship that was chasing the maquis get destroyed by the cardassians?

But I understand about the combined crew, that would be interesting, but I don't see how you could trust a military outfit. The only way I see it possible to have worked was if it was a civilian frighter with 3/4 of the crew dead.

Comment

They defiantly should of done that, image the possibility's after Message in a Bottle when the Doctor brings news of what was happening with the Cardassians and the Dominion!

Though I suppose they wanted to save the Cardassians for DS9.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Yeah, well Voyager and DS9 were shot partly concurrently, so yeah.
            sigpic

Comment

The Galor class warship was damaged by the plasma storms in the Badlands and later reported [read: lied] that they had destroyed the Maquis ship. It just disappeared, why not say you destroyed it? It was probably destroyed anyway, right? Promotions for everyone!

I highly doubt the Cardassians had any contact with the Caretaker apart from the Dreadnought weapon. And Seska.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
              X