This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prequel Movie!!!

I would love to see a movie made that takes place thousands of years ago, spanning from when the First One, James Earl Jones and the others of that type, find Earth through the stargate or with ships, and begin the use of humans as hosts. It would then cover the transplanting and creation of civilizations of human slaves throughout the galaxy. In my mind the logical end of this movie is the uprising on Earth that makes Ra leave. This part of the movie, to stay true with the Moebius Pt1&2 episodes of season 8, would have SG-1 and the Egyptian locals participating.
    Anyone with me here???

So you want a movie about what happened in the original Stargate movie when Ra first came to Earth and what we've already seen in Moebius? What would be the point?

If you're going to do a prequel then make one about the alliance of four great races.

Comment

Surgested that one
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        So you want a movie about what happened in the original Stargate movie when Ra first came to Earth and what we've already seen in Moebius? What would be the point?

If you're going to do a prequel then make one about the alliance of four great races.
        Well obviously we did not see how Ra came to earth in any detail, nor did we see how Ra was forced to leave. So I believe there would be a point.

Comment

But we know he came to Earth and took humans to Abydos and we know that he was forced to leave. The story might not have been told in detail but it has already been told.

Comment

But we know he came to Earth and took humans to Abydos and we know that he was forced to leave. The story might not have been told in detail but it has already been told.
            As I originally said, that would only be the end of the movie. 90% of it would be about the first goa'uld influences on Earth, which I belive was not Ra.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
              As I originally said, that would only be the end of the movie. 90% of it would be about the first goa'uld influences on Earth, which I belive was not Ra.
              It was Ra, he was the one that found Earth, so the first influences would''ve been from him.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                It was Ra, he was the one that found Earth, so the first influences would''ve been from him.
                If it really was Ra, and he was the most powerful system lord, how did he allow so many of "his" transplanted humans to fall into the hands of his rivals? Maybe others took humans from earth with ships after Ra was forced to leave.

Comment

If it really was Ra, and he was the most powerful system lord, how did he allow so many of "his" transplanted humans to fall into the hands of his rivals? Maybe others took humans from earth with ships after Ra was forced to leave.
                  Maybe they did after Ra left so then they wouldn't be the first influences would they? . Ra also spread the Earth people amongst the stars, making a few selected into Jaffa, it's easier for the goa'uld to steal humans when they are much more spread out. Also take into consideration the goa'uld weren't a warring race like they are now, they were a dying race who were likely united in finding a solution.
                  Last edited by kirmit; 14 November 2007, 06:32 AM.

Comment

We know that other Goa'uld took Humans from Earth because of the many Earth-based cultures SG-1 have encountered on other worlds from periods both before and after the Stargate was buried!

Comment

We know that other Goa'uld took Humans from Earth because of the many Earth-based cultures SG-1 have encountered on other worlds from periods both before and after the Stargate was buried!
                      Since the original movie was a different writer with a completely different idea of the stargate universe, no "facts" from the original movie are nesesarily true to the canon of the tv show. Therefore, since it has never been mentioned on SG-1, Ra may not have been the first goa'uld to visit earth. It may have been socar or anubis or some other much older goa'uld tha ra. I do not claim to know, I only believe that in the context of SG-1 canon, it is unknown.

Comment

From Season 1: The Enemy Within:

TEAL'C: There is a tale of a primitive world the Goa'uld discovered millenia ago. The Tau'ri. The First World where forms of this type first evolved. It is said the Goa'uld harvested among the primitives, some became Goa'uld hosts, others became jaffa, the rest were taken as slaves and seeded among the stars to serve them. But that world has been lost for centuries.

KENNEDY: Teal'c, beings of this form evolved here on Earth.

TEAL'C: This world..?

O'NEILL: Is the world you're talking about Teal'c. Ra came here. If our ancestors hadn't rebelled and buried the Stargate…

Comment

2nd
                          Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                          Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                          Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                          Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                          You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                          Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                          One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                          The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                          www.7-scales.co.uk
                          http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

From Season 1: The Enemy Within:
                            Do you think Teal'c would be so vague about it if it was Apophis' brother that definetly discovered Earth? If Teal'c had said that Ra discovered the human race it would be more believeable than O'Neill mentioning that "Ra came here", which doesn't prove he was the first.

Comment

Its been said in the movie and the series that Ra discovered Earth. So unless you have some evidence that proves otherwise, you're just going to have to accept it as canon.

Comment

Working...
                              X