• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerless (211)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON TWO
    POWERLESS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211

Peter and Adam infiltrate Primatech to find the virus that will wipe out most of the world's population, but Nathan and Matt try to stop them. Hiro goes after Adam for personal revenge, while Claire plans to expose the Company. Micah asks his mother for help after his cousin is kidnapped while trying to be a hero.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:40 PM.

Hot s**t! I liked what Hiro did to Adam.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Yeah, Hiro wins the season.
      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one getting tired of them making characters likeable & then killing them off ? If the one that died at the end does not come back I am done with this show & will stick with 24 at 9 when things return to normal in terms of the strike.

Comment

Nathan is not dead. He will either be restored with the blood he already had transplanted, or they will give him another transplant.

Adam is going to get out, somehow. I guarantee you.
          sigpic

Comment

Why Nathan.

An alright finale but I can't say I'm very happy with the way things turned out...The Nikki/Micah/Monica story bored me to death, and I almost didn't care when Nikki died. I was really liking Nathan this episode, this was quite possibly the worst time to kill him off. I didn't care too much for Claire's story either. Adam being buried alive? I dunno what to make of that one. Oh and Peter was dumb as ever.

Its good to see Sylar with his powers back. And he can heal now too!

I thought Volume 3 was called Exodus, but at the end of the episode it said Villains?
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Is it sad that the best episode of the season is the last? Also is Peter the most forgetful person ever, he can read minds, he did last episode. If they had Adam have some kind of resistance to it I could understand, but to not have him even attempt it defies belief. Also I agree, Hiro wins the season.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                Why Nathan.

An alright finale but I can't say I'm very happy with the way things turned out...The Nikki/Micah/Monica story bored me to death, and I almost didn't care when Nikki died. I was really liking Nathan this episode, this was quite possibly the worst time to kill him off. I didn't care too much for Claire's story either. Adam being buried alive? I dunno what to make of that one. Oh and Peter was dumb as ever.

I thought Volume 3 was called Exodus, but at the end of the episode it said Villains?
                I agree about Nikki, I wasn't the least bit shocked, surprised, dismayed or upset. Peter on the other hand surprised me and somewhat I wasn't shocked by the implication of the next scene.
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                  The healing was the result of the vaccine, I don't think Sylar will keep it.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Ah that's true, oh well it was a nice thought.
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

wow I didn't know Hiro could be so cruel... A fate worse then death IMO(though Im betting he will get out).

Other then that great episode other then the people who said that the healing will be overused are definitely right. I dont see nathan staying gone...(I wonder if peters blood has the same ability as Adam/Clair?)

And i wonder if syler will have the powers of the people he killed while not having his regular powers?

Either way a great ending to the season

Comment

Nikki, sadly, I could deal with losing. Not Nathan though. I really hope they do bring him back. Sadly though, I'm not sure about the chances of that.

After all, they've already brought back Bennett and Maya. I'm just not sure they want to make a trend out of this. Besides, Nathan's death might really be the thing that lights a fire under Peter finally.

As for Sylar, I'm glad he's back to 100%.

And Hiro, wow! He definitely avenged his father with how he got rid of Adam.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As you might have guessed from my first post, Adam's fate is one of those things thats going to stick with me for a good long time. If he doesn't come back at all, I'd have to rank it up there with some of the greater moments in television history. I just can't stop laughing over his fate.

Comment

I loved Hiro's use of his powers, but watching him get thumped down every time started feeling silly. He ended up with the last laugh, though. I just wish he'd chosen something a little more permanent than live burial. Poetic, but risky.

As for the rest of it... meh. I'm all for a slow burn, but these stories took far too long to progress, IMO, to the point where I've basically stopped caring. Even the death of my favorite character produced nothing but a pang of regret. And some residual anger. They could easily have left Nathan for dead in the S1 finale, but no, they had to bring him back and then waste him for the entire frakking season. The ONLY point to his character was as bait for Peter- first to convince him that Adam's intentions were good and then to convince him that Adam was evil. While I can understand the brotherly bond and Nathan being one of the few Peter could trust, I felt that the whole arc and its resolution was fairly pathetic. They saved Nathan just for that?! Ye gods, you've got the character, why not USE HIM?? Even if his ultimate point is as a motivation for Peter that doesn't mean he can't do other things while he's waiting, but making him twiddle his thumbs for the entire (abbreviated) season just for one moment of glory? That's bad writing, if you ask me, and Kring's "oops, we thought fans wanted a slow build" excuse doesn't cover something like this because there WAS no build. There was NOTHING for him all season long, so his death has virtually no impact on me as a fan- which is pretty damn sad considering he was my favorite last year.

Nathan's death will impact Peter, of course, but apparently that's all Nathan is good for, anyway: affecting Peter. At least this season. You could probably make an argument that Nathan's journey last season was still all about Peter, too. *sigh* I wish Peter had died, instead. That would be a daring move.

I'm ambivalent about Nikki. She was never one of my favorite characters, anyway, and again, we got kinda shafted on her story this season. Plus I won't be convinced that she's really dead until they recover the body. And even then I'll be waiting to see if anything is made of her carrying a virus, or if Peter's little zap job was the end of the whole storyline.

It's always about Peter, isn't it? Gods, he's like Jack from Lost: eventually EVERYTHING was about him, which was one of the reasons I stopped watching. This overkill of Saint Peter could drive me away from Heroes, too.

I'm also sick of Sylar. He was menacing last year, but now he's gotten kinda lame. Again, it's as if the writers simply put his character on pause instead of actually trying to develop him. Ooo, look, he murders people even when he can't gain powers from them. What a shock. They could have used the time to explore his character, to work on his motivations, maybe even to make him question who and what he is and the Maya/Alejandro situation could have served as a good backdrop to that: a brother and sister who genuinely love one another and always watch the other's back. That's something Sylar never had and might not be able to understand. Sure, he understands it enough to manipulate it, but he isn't affected by it. What a waste. It could have been used as an opportunity to develop Maya and Alejandro, too, but instead we got zip.

If I didn't know better I'd be tempted to say that the people writing these eps had never even seen the show before, nevermind written for it. *grumble* Everywhere I look, characters are being wasted, potential is ignored, and nearly everyone is behaving like an utter idiot.

Oh, and I take it folks caught the fact that Mama Petrelli murdered her own son? *takes deep breath* Yeah, whatever.

edit: oh yes, on the plus side, at least Elle isn't as much of a comical one-dimensional freak anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
                              As you might have guessed from my first post, Adam's fate is one of those things thats going to stick with me for a good long time. If he doesn't come back at all, I'd have to rank it up there with some of the greater moments in television history. I just can't stop laughing over his fate.
                              I thought it was great. He definitely deserved what he got from Hiro. Imagine what was going through his head trapped in that coffin, knowing he was going to be like that forever.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X