Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Truth & Consequences (210)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON TWO
    TRUTH & CONSEQUENCES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210

Peter and Adam track down a former Company scientist in order to find the Shanti Virus, though Peter does not know his new friend's true colors. Sylar tries to get rid of Maya's brother, and Micah is reunited with his mother. Monica uses her power to try and help her cousin.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; May 1st, 2015 at 09:40 PM.

Default Re: Truth & Consequences (210)

Good episode, though the Maya/Siler/Alejandro storyline is beyond predictable. Like evil Claire. Who wants to guess on who the two fallen heroes will be?
    [email protected]|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Second Lieutenant

If Hiro dies, I will quit watching.

I am hoping it is Maya and Niki.

I think Matt's getting to be superfluous lately. And he broke my heart by mentally forcing Ma Petrelli to give up that name. If it's Niki then wow, poor Micah.

My new theory: Mohinder's power is to never know what's going on. And Peter obviously picked it up from him.
    Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I thought this was a pretty good episode. Just setting things up really for next week's big conclusion. Now that will really be something to see. As for who we'll be losing, I can't even guess that. Too many possibilities.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Xicer View Post
    Good episode, though the Maya/Siler/Alejandro storyline is beyond predictable. Like evil Claire. Who wants to guess on who the two fallen heroes will be?
    I figured this would have sparked more comments. I'm not a giant fan of this episode but I think its just feeding into the big conclusion.

Peter's storyline is getting on my nerves. The man can freaking read minds so why the hell wouldn't he read Adam's mind after that lady warns him. She wouldn't just shoot them for no reason at all. I could deal w/ an evil Peter but he's just a naive puppy.

The Hiro-Peter fight in next episode is well lame. It should realistically last a few seconds. Peter can just immobilize Hiro or fry him. Of course we know from the previews that Hiro somehow gets to Peter's back. And now you have Peter fighting a former ally who helped him save the world once. And he is fighting him over what a girl? Its not like he can't save the world with out Adam.

About the Heroes who die. I would not be surprised if Micah dies in Nikki's arm. I doubt Monica dies but if its not Micah then she is gone. She warned Micah to stay away and I am going to guess that the kid follows the car somehow and gets a bullet for his troubles. Or maybe she catches a bullet to save Micah. I like Nikki so I hope she sticks around. She'd make a great bad ass character w/ all that pain and remorse.

O and Maya dies. Sylar gets his power back and kills her. She is one of the Heroes. This also means that Sylar was infected with a working Shanti virus.

Quote Originally Posted by TDgamer View Post
    If Hiro dies, I will quit watching.

I am hoping it is Maya and Niki.
    The next episode is the last episode, ever. That's what Finale means.

So how did Syler find Molly? Major plot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post

That would be what series finale means, however this is probably the season finale, unless by some miracle the strike is resolved. And Sylar could have picked up a fricken phone book or used the internet to look up Mohinder. Oh and Mohinder and Peter are clueless idiots, let's go blindly along and not question anything. I almost hope Mohinder bites it, because he is getting on my nerves.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Does anyone know who played the young Victoria Pratt?

Here's her picture on the website
    Victoria Pratt

I thought it was Jaime Ray Newman (Lt. Cadman from SGA) but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    Oh and Mohinder and Peter are clueless idiots, let's go blindly along and not question anything. I almost hope Mohinder bites it, because he is getting on my nerves.
    Judging by the fact that HRG is free and back with his family sometime in the next episode, and that Mohinder has found out that HRG was not lying about the company's involvement with the virus....yeahhhh...I'm thinking Mo starts thinking and comes around

Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post

Dude...they've already named the next volume--they're just waiting for the writers to come back

Also....have you not heard of a phone book before? It's really handy....you can look in it and by people's names(they're even organized alphabetically) you can find their phone numbers

Airman

I thought that was a great episode. There were a few things that irritated me to no end. Peter is really gullible-to the point that I believe if someone asked him for his social security number, credit card number, date of birth, and used the phrase 'its to save the world' he would give it up in a heart beat. Why would he not use telepathy on Adam to find his intent after Victoria goes to that much trouble to kill Adam and label Peter so quickly for being around Adam?

I understand that the plot must move on, but the dialogoe between Hiro and Peter was way too short-it can be summed like this: Peter: "OMG Hiro waz up!?" Hiro: "Not much, came to kill that blonde dude behind you for killing my father-" Peter: "Nu uh, I'm PRO-tecting him" Hiro: "Well instead of explaining why he's a bad dude, I'm going give a huge scream and run into you with a sword". Peter doesn't yell 'wait' or 'stop', suspend him in air with telekinesis, or even attempt to understand more about why his old friend would just go into kill mode without explaining himself more! Peter just puts up the lightning hand for epic win...

The end of the episode shows Hiro sprinting into Peter or Highlander with superpowers (because we now know that Adam, Peter, and possibly Claire die without a head) so I would expect Hiro to die inspite of the preview. Molly is next on my list because Sylar seems to really like Maya. The ability to find your prey outweighs the ability to kill everything in sight-especially when you already have that one (nuclear reaction).

The info on this site suggests that next episode supposedly contains a 4 way brawl between Hiro, Matt, Peter, and Nathan. Matt can make people do things and Nathan can jet into you knocking you into a building, but they would both be dust assuming they don't act first. Hiro can stop time and kill people with a sword inless Peter stops him. In that supposed fight I'll say Nathan and Hiro are goners while Matt forces Peter to do jumping jacks in midair. Its a tough call on who would really die. I have no idea who will die, but I have two fun scenarios for the beginning of Volume III next week-lets say these happen instead: Just for kicks lets say Elle gets bored and decides to shoot lightning at a car and Claude, the invisible man, accidentally intercepts the lightning while walking invisibly. While both are flying two different destinations, Nathan sideswipes West midair killing West.

One last thing: Sylar knows where Suresh lives because its the same apartment as last season when he invaded it and the same apartment that Mohinder's father lived in. Sylar + phonebook = No

Last edited by Snord; November 27th, 2007 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snord View Post
    I thought that was a great episode. There were a few things that irritated me to no end. Peter is really gullible-to the point that I believe if someone asked him for his social security number, credit card number, date of birth, and used the phrase 'its to save the world' he would give it up in a heart beat. Why would he not use telepathy on Adam to find his intent after Victoria goes to that much trouble to kill Adam and label Peter so quickly for being around Adam?

I understand that the plot must move on, but the dialogoe between Hiro and Peter was way too short-it can be summed like this: Peter: "OMG Hiro waz up!?" Hiro: "Not much, came to kill that blonde dude behind you for killing my father-" Peter: "Nu uh, I'm PRO-tecting him" Hiro: "Well instead of explaining why he's a bad dude, I'm going give a huge scream and run into you with a sword". Peter doesn't yell 'wait' or 'stop', suspend him in air with telekinesis, or even attempt to understand more about why his old friend would just go into kill mode without explaining himself more! Peter just puts up the lightning hand for epic win...

The end of the episode shows Hiro sprinting into Peter or Highlander with superpowers (because we now know that Adam, Peter, and possibly Claire die without a head) so I would expect Hiro to die inspite of the preview. Molly is next on my list because Sylar seems to really like Maya. The ability to find your prey outweighs the ability to kill everything in sight-especially when you already have that one (nuclear reaction).

The info on this site suggests that next episode supposedly contains a 4 way brawl between Hiro, Matt, Peter, and Nathan. Matt can make people do things and Nathan can jet into you knocking you into a building, but they would both be dust assuming they don't act first. Hiro can stop time and kill people with a sword inless Peter stops him. In that supposed fight I'll say Nathan and Hiro are goners while Matt forces Peter to do jumping jacks in midair. Its a tough call on who would really die. I have no idea who will die, but I have two fun scenarios for the beginning of Volume III next week-lets say these happen instead: Just for kicks lets say Elle gets bored and decides to shoot lightning at a car and Claude, the invisible man, accidentally intercepts the lightning while walking invisibly. While both are flying two different destinations, Nathan sideswipes West midair killing West.

One last thing: Sylar knows where Suresh lives because its the same apartment as last season when he invaded it and the same apartment that Mohinder's father lived in. Sylar + phonebook = No

Good points there...on the 4-way fight
    Spoiler:
    from the (so far 100% accurate)spoilers I've read, the only person(including Kensei) who is not explicitly stated to survive it is Parkman soooo...

my thoughts on who dies....
    Niki and Sylar/Matt(depending on whether or not we can consider Sylar a "hero".

Also....on the phone number thing...*OH SNAP!* Mohinder probably gave it to him last season when they were bestbuddies and he just hasn't gotten a new number yet., So that "plot hole" is resolved. End of discussion!

I'm really hoping the fallen heroes will be Maya and Molly-- two pointless characters that have run their course and need to either get lost or stop being written so poorly.

If Hiro dies, I'm probably going to quit watching. His storyline has been the only one for me that has stayed consistantly interesting this season.

Peter's becoming an obnoxious immortal who, with every new episode is resembling Keanu Reeves more and more ("I can do everything with bad emotion acting".). The attention has been given to the wrong Petrelli, in my opinion.

Good episode, but still feels rushed. It makes me sad that they're stopping once the story's actually going somewhere.

maya and nickie, if it's hiro or peter i will be pissed, and if clair's blood revives one of the fallen heroes i will be pissed
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina

Well personally if one of the two have to die, hiro or peter I say peter gotta take the bullet and die. I just think he to gullieble and to stupid to survive much longer even kensie or hiro will kill him by the end of next episode. Plus I love when writers kill of people favorite characters, I would not care if they kill of hiro at the same time either.

Hopefully claire will follow through with her threat and the world will know the big secrete next season presuming the writers do not leave their picket line or if they decide they have had enough fun making videos on youtube and start writing again.

But I would also like suresh to be killed, well it about time bob shows his real colours.

now to actually talk about this episode.

I thought it was pretty good set up episode, where everything is now coming into place.

And a couple set up for next series or next part of season.

syler is so not a hero, is killed by the mexicon women, I mean he's just asking for it.

I love the way syler just stab her bothered to death.

I also like clare punching through the glass.

Suresh saving bennet, you could just tell he was so grateful.

but it does seem like adam Monroe was no where near influental at seem in the company.

and it looked like bob daughter is starting to be a very interesting character indeed, I bet she the one who will be putting the knife into the back of bob back.

Is it me or did Peter lose with his memory the brain somewhere? He is acting like an idiot.
    I think they should focus on Nathan more in second half of S2...or in S3. Peter is acting weird and I am not sure if the authors did it on purpose. I don´t think they know what to do with him this year.
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2...user6gpaw9.gif

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Chief Master Sergeant JayShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sylaryuu View Post
    Does anyone know who played the young Victoria Pratt?

I thought it was Jaime Ray Newman (Lt. Cadman from SGA) but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
    It was. Good eye because I didn't notice the first time

Many of the characters are acting particularly stupid this season. Hopefully they'll grow brains for next year because it's really pissing me off to the point where I don't know how much longer I can keep watching. Peter and Mohinder both deserve to die for their particular brands of idiocy, which is probably why they'll both survive. *sigh*

Peter is a sheep, he always has to be following someone else's lead. I liked him better when he was baaing after his brother- at least that made sense and it worked to help bring his brother around to the right side, but this mindless loyalty to Adam despite the evidence to the contrary is aggravating.

I was willing to wait and see how the Maya & Alejandro story developed, but now I've decided their whole story is pointless. Render the brother moot and then kill him? It's pathetic. Sylar says he's going to kill the brother and he does. Whoop de doo. WTF was Alejandro thinking, anyway, confronting someone he knows to be a killer all by himself and unarmed? More stupidity- and being a "rustic" from the Dominican Republic isn't a viable excuse.

Elle must have fried most of her brain cells when HRG had her dipped in water because that whole scrambling to get the car started shtick was pathetic. She's supposed to be ruthless and crazy and dangerous, not the comic relief. Fumbling with the keys was bad enough, but dropping her drink in her lap? And what was she doing so close to the family anyway? Is she that much of a rookie that she can make a mistake like that?

I also object to the ostentatious tipping of the hand last week by revealing that HRG was still alive. It made the family scenes and particularly this ep's confrontation with Bob seem a little silly. I think it would have been MUCH more effective to leave everyone thinking he was genuinely dead and THEN show his "resurrection" this week. As it was, the scene of his shattered face healing itself- something which should have been powerful and shocking- seem a bit redundant; we already saw him wake up last week and we didn't really need to see it again. Bad call on the director's part.

Also, am I remembering it wrong or when they were showing us his shattered face did they flash to the paining showing the same thing? Lame call if it happened. I'm sick of having that picture shoved down our throats at every opportunity (no matter how forced). It lost its shock value after the first time or two and with his resurrection it's a bit dumb to keep flashing it at us. Yeah, yeah, pictures don't always tell the full story: we KNOW that, the only idiots around here are the characters in the show, not the people in the audience.

I can't shake the feeling that I've been pretty much ripped off this season in terms of story and character development. I know the season has been cut short, but even so it's taken far too long to get where we are and it's come at the expense of character integrity, which is a high price to pay for such a mediocre payoff and Kring's apologies don't really count for much in my book. Saying you're sorry doesn't change the fact that you still screwed up and if/when the show comes back, that will show us how much the apology means. Will he really change his act or will we get stuck with more of the same old crud? And given that half the characters seem to have been lobotomized, is it even possible to recover from that? So far I remain unconvinced of the show's salvagability, but I guess only time will tell.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Klenotka View Post
    Is it me or did Peter lose with his memory the brain somewhere? He is acting like an idiot.
    I think they should focus on Nathan more in second half of S2...or in S3. Peter is acting weird and I am not sure if the authors did it on purpose. I don´t think they know what to do with him this year.
    The writers this season were terrible. I don't know if they hired a new set for season 2 but they did a piss poor job writing for nearly every character. Even the Pratt lady was written badly. You'd think she would want to tell Peter more about the virus. You know, he is with a madman.