• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cautionary Tales (209)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON TWO
    CAUTIONARY TALES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209

Bob sends Mohinder and Elle on a mission to capture Claire and take out her father -- but Mr. Bennet isn't going down without a fight. Matt begins to explore the true extent of his ability, and Hiro goes back in time to try and save his father.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:39 PM.

Heh, the last 5-10 minutes can be summed up as:

"OMG, NOOOOO!"

"OMG, YAAAAAY!"

Comment

That's too true.

And it was a bit obvious, no? (Seriously, I was screaming at my TV "Use Claire's blood! Why aren't you doing that yet?!")

Matt = win, always.

And Hiro's interaction with his father pretty much redeemed Hiro this season. It was just beautifully acted and played - at least a heck of a lot more than anything up to this point.
      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

YESSS! I SO CALLED THAT! The Hooded Man in Kensei! Eat my prognosticative dust!

Didn't see the twist with HRG coming, though. Wow.

Liked Hiro's stuff, although interacting with your former self is usually very dangerous.

Not sure about Matt. He seems to be going a bit darkside, for all that he's obviously convincing himself he's being altruistic. Ditto Mohinder, although he seems to be wresting with the issue a bit more heavily. Poor Molly. This doesn't bode well for her that BOTH her guardians are dipping into dodgy territory.

Laughed my ass off at the use of Mr Muggles's doggy bath. LOL! Novel way to stop Lightning Girl, though. And it makes me wonder what she was like before her father started messing with her. Still not keen on the character, but at least this makes her more interesting.

Speaking of not keen... I still don't like or trust West. He did some good in this ep, but after however many weeks of watching him be creepy, I just can't shake the bad impression I have of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          Heh, the last 5-10 minutes can be summed up as:

"OMG, NOOOOO!"

"OMG, YAAAAAY!"

LOL yea, I was not expecting that last scene. I was mad that they killed off one of my favorite characters.

I like this episode. Claire and West finally made some sense even if it was a bit drawn out.

I am not a fan of Hiro this season but this was a very good episode for him. I loved his face when he saw Adam/Kenzei killing his father. Of course we know that its not a 346 year old grudge but Hiro will most likely be under that impression.

The Parkman story was fun but entirely unnecessary. The only person who could hurt Molly was his father so he really had no need to show off his powers. Molly could have found the lady he was looking but "we" needed to know the extent of his powers. I'd like to know what Mrs Petrelli can do. It is a mind based power.

Suresh has become a misguided idiot. I hope they show him fall into a deep depression which leads him to leave the company.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            YESSS! I SO CALLED THAT! The Hooded Man in Kensei! Eat my prognosticative dust!
            Don't be too proud of yourself. Most people already knew that Kensei was immortal and the big bad this season. I along with other people called it before the season even started. Or maybe it was just after the first episode. I forget but it wasn't too hard to figure out.

West isn't so bad. Someone pointed out that he is a TEENAGER and teenage guys are bit creepy when it comes to a girl they like. I know I was a bit stalker-ish with my girlfriend in high school. She was worse than me though. She practically ran the length of the school to see me between classes. I had no idea that she did this until we were dating for about a 6 months.
            Last edited by Phenix; 19 November 2007, 06:37 PM.

Comment

This episode was really amazing IMO. When Bennet got shot, I could barely believe it. I haven't been shocked in quite a while by something of TV. That shocked me. The ending though totally made me feel better. Killing him off would have been such a bad idea. As for Mohinder, he has definitely gone down a very dark road.

I'll tell you this, I can't wait to see the showdown between Hiro and Adam/Kensei. That is going to be epic.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                I loved his face when he saw Adam/Kenzei killing his father. Of course we know that its not a 346 year old grudge but Hiro will most likely be under that impression.
                We do? How so?

Don't be too proud of yourself. Most people already knew that Kensei was immortal and the big bad this season. I alone with other people called it before the season even started. Or maybe it was just after the first episode. I forget but it wasn't too hard to figure out.
                I'll be proud if I want to, thank you. Yes, it did seem obvious to me, but a couple of people provided some good arguments for other characters and hey, even when it's obvious it's still nice to be right.

West isn't so bad.
                Says you.

Someone pointed out that he is a TEENAGER and teenage guys are bit creepy when it comes to a girl they like.
                Oh, I see. So because it's normal I have no right to dislike him for it? Nope. I'm still gonna hate him and find him creepy. And if it proves I have a reason for my suspicions, I'm gonna crow about being right. So neener neener.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 19 November 2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

We do? How so?
                  Adam is getting revenge for his 30 year imprisonment. He has been out for 2 weeks. I doubt he had time to put together a family tree. I don't even remember if Hiro told Adam the exact year he left.

346 years is a long time to carry a grudge.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. Could be he has a double reason for taking out Nakamura, especially if he ever mentioned his son Hiro in Adam's presence.

Adam/Kensei made the threat to Hiro knowing full well that Hiro was from the distant future. I don't think it's entirely outside the realm of possibility that he could still be nursing a grudge, but I guess the next two eps might pan out something on that front. *shrug* Maybe you're right, but I'm still gonna have fun with the grudge.

Comment

Adam is getting revenge for his 30 year imprisonment. He has been out for 2 weeks. I doubt he had time to put together a family tree. I don't even remember if Hiro told Adam the exact year he left.

346 years is a long time to carry a grudge.
                      Even if that is true, seeing Hiro again will most likely rekindle some of that old hatred. I can't wait until they meet face to face.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Oh, I see. So because it's normal I have no right to dislike him for it? Nope. I'm still gonna hate him and find him creepy. And if it proves I have a reason for my suspicions, I'm gonna crow about being right. So neener neener.
                        You have every right to hate him. I just said he isn't so bad. I also edited my last post. I meant to say 'along' but I wrote 'alone'. A lot of us figured it was Kenzei. I was never really convinced by any opposing argument. Some people just like to be on the other side of an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Even if that is true, seeing Hiro again will most likely rekindle some of that old hatred. I can't wait until they meet face to face.
                          I do not doubt that Adam will be happy to know that it was Hiro's father. But the hole idea of Hiro as a warrior is laughable. Unless he stops time he'll get destroyed by Adam or Peter....

Comment

I do not doubt that Adam will be happy to know that it was Hiro's father. But the hole idea of Hiro as a warrior is laughable. Unless he stops time he'll get destroyed by Adam or Peter....
                            Greatness has to start somewhere. Besides, he already won a tussle with Adam/Kensei before. Yeah, it was a long time ago. But, Hiro has a strong desire to avenge his father. This will be the birth of him as a true hero IMO.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Greatness has to start somewhere. Besides, he already won a tussle with Adam/Kensei before. Yeah, it was a long time ago. But, Hiro has a strong desire to avenge his father. This will be the birth of him as a true hero IMO.
                              I think he is a hero already but the man is not a fighter. I hope that they do not show him beating Adam in a fight w/o the use of his powers. I thought it was pretty dishonest to have him beat an actual fighter after only receiving a few hours of lessons from his father. Unless his father's power was some sort of teaching method.
                              Last edited by Phenix; 19 November 2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X