TiVo Didn't Record 'Missing?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TiVo Didn't Record 'Missing?'

Thankfully, I always watch the 10pm and the Midnight broadcasts LIVE. I also TiVO the episodes to save them for viewing again (and again...). I use the season pass feature on TiVO to record my episodes.

However, thisi past Friday with "Missing," TiVO apparently got confused, and didn't record the episode, but is scheduled to record the repeat NEXT Friday (apparently thanks to SciFi Channel's recent rescheduling to add the repeats to SciFi Friday).

Did anyone else experience this problem with their TiVO/DVR?

And are all the problems this season with leaked episodes on the net, the wrong episodes available on iTunes (too soon), and now this...a Goa'uld conspiracy?

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    Thankfully, I always watch the 10pm and the Midnight broadcasts LIVE. I also TiVO the episodes to save them for viewing again (and again...). I use the season pass feature on TiVO to record my episodes.

However, thisi past Friday with "Missing," TiVO apparently got confused, and didn't record the episode, but is scheduled to record the repeat NEXT Friday (apparently thanks to SciFi Channel's recent rescheduling to add the repeats to SciFi Friday).

And are all the problems this season with leaked episodes on the net, the wrong episodes available on iTunes (too soon), and now this...a Goa'uld conspiracy?

Morjana
    My Tivo (through DirecTV) recorded Missing just fine.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

Morjana
      Do you think maybe because of the 9pm reair showing Tivo could of gotten confused?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        My Tivo (through DirecTV) recorded Missing just fine.
        Alas and alack, I have Comcast.
        I wish for DirecTV
        But the purse is stuck close fast
        Perhaps for the future me
        I can watch TV in quality that will last
        So pray for a long life for DirecTV

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Maybe you guys and girls have gotten to dependant on TiVO/DVR. I don't have that option. When I want to watch Stargate, I have to watch it live, see it when SciFI shows in reruns, or download the episode online.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Do you think maybe because of the 9pm reair showing Tivo could of gotten confused?
            Only if he didn't tell it which one to record.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I have comcast and it started recording late. The show started for me after the opening credits. So, I missed the whole lollipop bit explanation and got confused when the Bolas had them...
              Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
                I have comcast and it started recording late. The show started for me after the opening credits. So, I missed the whole lollipop bit explanation and got confused when the Bolas had them...
                Hmm. The new timelsot (ie the two SGA showings) could confuse things.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Maybe you guys and girls have gotten to dependant on TiVO/DVR. I don't have that option. When I want to watch Stargate, I have to watch it live, see it when SciFI shows in reruns, or ...
                  I wouldn't say that I have become too dependent on DVR, it's just a modern convenience that allows me to stay tuned into a series if I like. It's either DVR or I'll simply miss the episodes, either way will work. I won't make a schedule around tv programming.

Comment

Maybe you guys and girls have gotten to dependant on TiVO/DVR. I don't have that option. When I want to watch Stargate, I have to watch it live, see it when SciFI shows in reruns, or download the episode online.
                    If i know I'm not going to be there for a certain time, I'll set to record several minutes before and after a show I like, just in case something is delayed. But I normally watch SGA live. That way I know if if recorded or not, because sometmes cable drops out and I want the option to set for the midnight showing in that event.

So if you watch live, there shouldn't be a problem with 'does the machine record or not' as you'd be there to notice

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      If i know I'm not going to be there for a certain time, I'll set to record several minutes before and after a show I like, just in case something is delayed. But I normally watch SGA live. That way I know if if recorded or not, because sometmes cable drops out and I want the option to set for the midnight showing in that event.So if you watch live, there shouldn't be a problem with 'does the machine record or not' as you'd be there to notice
                      WOW! We actually agree on something.I just might have to green you. It is benefical to have technolgy for a convience, but there comes a point were you can't rely on it
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

WOW! We actually agree on something.I just might have to green you. It is benefical to have technolgy for a convience, but there comes a point were you can't rely on it
                        I do the same thing.

Comment

My tivo didn't want to catch Missing and tonight's ep didn't get on the to do list either. I had to add each one manually. Glad to know it's not just me but I'm still having a big ole headscratchin' wtf...

Comment

Working...
                          X