What if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if...

This episode reminded me of the scene where Sheppard went to go pick Ronan and Zelenka from their camping trip in Echoes. What would happen if Missing had involved Ronon and Zelenka on the run from Bol Kai.
    Last edited by jelgate; 11 November 2007, 01:06 PM.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

it would be pretty well the same ep really. Except zelenka would have pwned!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      This episode reminded me of the scene where Sheppard went to go pick Ronan and Zelenka from their camping trip. What would happen if Missing had involved Ronon and Zelenka on the run from Bol Kai.
      No way. I won't even entertain that thought. The women never get this kind of development on Stargate- stories like this have always focused on either male characters, or male characters and one woman. Here we actually got to *gasp* see two female characters get some character development/relationship development that actually spanned an entire episode! They never got this much screen time before! It's about time, because we've never seen a proper friendship develop between female characters on Atlantis, it's always been about the guys, and I find that kinda annoying- don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        No way.?* I won't even entertain that thought.?* The women never get this kind of development on Stargate- stories like this have always focused on either male characters, or male characters and one woman.?* Here we actually got to *gasp* see two female characters get some character development/relationship development that actually spanned an entire episode!?* They never got this much screen time before!?* It's about time, because we've never seen a proper friendship develop between female characters on Atlantis, it's always been about the guys, and I find that kinda annoying- don't you?
        I agree that woman of Stargate never get development, but I think Zelenka would have been more scarad than Keller and Ronon is a better fighter than Teyla. I think Ronon would have been more aggresive than Teyla who had a stealth attiude
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Well for starters, Ronon isn't the type of character to ever go anywhere without his gun, no matter how safe he thinks it is. However, if they found some way to write it out of the picture, there were only two Bola Kai guarding the gate. Rather then look for a distraction like Telya, he would've just charged them and things would be over before it begun.

Comment

Ronon would have shot the Bola Kai while Zelenka muttered something in Czech. The End.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
              Well for starters, Ronon isn't the type of character to ever go anywhere without his gun, no matter how safe he thinks it is. However, if they found some way to write it out of the picture, there were only two Bola Kai guarding the gate. Rather then look for a distraction like Telya, he would've just charged them and things would be over before it begun.
              The peril of Missing was that Teyla didn't have a gun. I'm not a writer, so lets say Ronon didn't have his gun, do you think he could have still taken out the Bol Kai at the gate
              Jelgate is right

Comment

gun. I'm not a writer, so lets say Ronon didn't have his gun, do you think he could have still taken out the Bol Kai at the gate[/QUOTE]

I addressed that in my previous post...

Well for starters, Ronon isn't the type of character to ever go anywhere without his gun, no matter how safe he thinks it is. However, if they found some way to write it out of the picture, there were only two Bola Kai guarding the gate. Rather then look for a distraction like Telya, he would've just charged themand things would be over before it begun.
                It = his gun. So yes I think he would've been able to take those two Bola Kai out without his gun. Telya had an opportunity to try, but she wasted time thinking of a possible distraction and talking to Keller. Ronon would just ran at them, (without much of a word to Zelenka) jumped into the air, and came down kicking and punching while managing to avoid their weapons. Of course that's probably not exactly what he would've done, but the bottom line is that he is very adapt at disarming hostiles and is not the type to give a second thought to charging them.

Comment

gun. I'm not a writer, so lets say Ronon didn't have his gun, do you think he could have still taken out the Bol Kai at the gate

I addressed that in my previous post...

It = his gun. So yes I think he would've been able to take those two Bola Kai out without his gun. Telya had an opportunity to try, but she wasted time thinking of a possible distraction and talking to Keller. Ronon would just ran at them, (without much of a word to Zelenka) jumped into the air, and came down kicking and punching while managing to avoid their weapons. Of course that's probably not exactly what he would've done, but the bottom line is that he is very adapt at disarming hostiles and is not the type to give a second thought to charging them.
                  I don't think Ronon would have been the best character to be in this ep. It is fine the way it was done.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I don't think Ronon would have been the best character to be in this ep. It is fine the way it was done.
                    I agree 100%, but the thread is a "what if," not a "what would be better..."

Comment

I agree 100%, but the thread is a "what if," not a "what would be better..."
                      Ok fine spoilsport.J/K.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

If it was Ronon and he didn’t have a gun, he would have armed himself with the Bola Kai weapons from the first fight. He could do some serious damage with those.
                        sigpic

Comment

How do you propose that Ronon is able to get a hold of the Bola Kai's weapon
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, from Tabula Rasa, we know that Zelenka is fully capable of running around and beating people with sticks.
                            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              How do you propose that Ronon is able to get a hold of the Bola Kai's weapon
                              If they had attacked him (as they did Teyla) and he killed some, the weapons would be available... from the first fight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X